Air Conditioning question for 2011 Fit

Old 07-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Question Air Conditioning question for 2011 Fit

im brand spanking new to this forum ... HOLA y'all !!!

i just bought my 2011 Honda Fit 2 weeks ago and IM IN LOVE !!! .... but .... i have a question and wanna see if anyone else has this same thing happening ...

i have noticed that my air conditioning seems to cycle between cold and warm air even when i have the temp to full cold.

is it just me

Old 07-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Compressor on compressor off. Look close and you'll see the lights dim as well. Typical in the Fit.

Oh yeah - welcome to the freakworld!!!!

Old 07-25-2011, 06:02 AM
I have the same issue. Sometimes its nice and cool. Then like at full throttle it goes warm till I back off. Then its cold again. I was thinking the compressor clutch was bad.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:26 AM
My last car had a high rpm A/C cut out circuit.
Anything ~5,000 rpm or higher it would disengage compressor clutch reducing engine load. After rpm's back under ~5,000 A/C would switch back on. Maybe something similar designed into the Fit?:

_

Old 07-25-2011, 10:39 AM
From '09-'10 FSM:

It is normal for the A/C compressor to turn off under
certain conditions, such as low idle, high engine
coolant temperature, hard acceleration, or high/low
refrigerant pressure.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Check if the A/C switch is bad.My switch was not working good and it was replace by Honda today.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:55 PM
A/C problem common with fit

Originally Posted by FlamencoFit

i just bought my 2011 Honda Fit 2 weeks ago and IM IN LOVE !!! .... but .... i have a question and wanna see if anyone else has this same thing happening ...

i have noticed that my air conditioning seems to cycle between cold and warm air even when i have the temp to full cold.

is it just me
Mine cycled around town..on trips it would freeze up..extensive test at dealer in fla..problem solved! Dealer needs to run hi lo test..Have your servicing dealer call auto way honda 1-888-205-3591 for the FIX!

Old 07-25-2011, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
I normally resist putting the thing on recirculate, but when I rented a Prius recently I noticed it was automatically going to recirculate a lot of the time.

The nasty hot weather we've been having, I leave it on recirculate and it does just fine cooling the thing. It sounds like a no brainer, but I think I'm so used to older and larger cars with oversized A/Cs that I wanted this small efficient car to work the same way.

But I do flip it back to fresh-air when I park it. Seems to help dry out the coil and prevent mildew from growing.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Setting your A/C to recirculate causes less stress on your system and the air will get colder. It takes cooler air from in the cabin and cools that rather than hotter air from the exterior.

One thing I did notice that was different on my Fit than any of my other cars is the shut-off of the compressor at load. On every other car I have, the compressor would not shut-off, no matter what type of accelerating load there was, it was a manual shut-off in the cabin. However the Fit has to be what I consider a safety shut-off when you accelerate more than normal. Once you give it a good romp on the gas, the compressor will shut off, thus providing more power to accelerate. Once on step, the compressor will turn back on.

Here in AZ, it's a good safety switch as a lot of tourists will overheat going up hill with a loaded car and the A/C on full blast.

My fit by far has the second best A/C system I've ever owned in AZ. First being my Titan with it's large condensor. Once the interior is cooled down, I only have the setting on at 1 or 2, even at 110 degrees. Having dark tinted windows is also a big plus!

Old 07-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Hotter air from the exterior? Not when the car's been sitting in the sun for a couple of hours, then the dashboard is about 120 degrees (ie, just about too hot to touch).

Old 07-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Brain Champagne
Hotter air from the exterior? Not when the car's been sitting in the sun for a couple of hours, then the dashboard is about 120 degrees (ie, just about too hot to touch).
Obviously when you first start out, it will be hot. Once you get going, even if the interior is 1/3 less hot than the exterior, putting the A/C on re-circulate will cool the interior a lot faster than if you didn't.

Believe me I know, when the average interior temp is 145+ after sitting in the sun, and you can only drive with fingertips because the steering wheel is so hot, you get savvy on ways to cool the interior quick!

Old 03-18-2016, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by FlamencoFit

is it just me

No dude I just bought mine in august and it just started doing it as well. I think its the blower motor