Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

2014 Honda Fit Crossover

Old 07-17-2012, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
2014 Honda Fit Crossover

This could be interesting.

Rumored once before, Honda is reportedly moving ahead with plans to build a crossover model out of the next-generation Honda Fit.

Due out next year, the Fit sub-compact crossover will fit into the Honda lineup below the CR-V and be designed to suit the needs of customers in both Europe and North America says a report by the Nikkei business daily.
Having recently revealed minor changes to the 2013 model year Fit, the next-gen model is expected to arrive as a 2014 year car and be built at the automaker’s new Mexico plant.
What isn’t year clear is what engine will be utilized in the Fit softroader. The current 1.5-liter engine with 117-hp might not be up to the task, although Honda is planning an updated version of that powerplant as part of its Earth Dreams Technology engine initiative that will use direct-injection.
The Fit crossover will join a growing segment of sub-compact crossovers that includes cars like the Nissan Juke and MINI Countryman as well as the recently announced Buck Encore.

2014 Honda Fit Crossover Planned | AutoGuide.com News

Old 07-17-2012, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
This will more than likely be hideous!

Old 07-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by 98TypeR
Having recently revealed minor changes to the 2013 model year Fit
This part made me jump out of my seat, having just picked up a 2012 Sport. A few clicks later and I was happy to see that the 2013 will be identical to the 2012, with just one color change (that I would never have gone for anyway). Glad to see I didn't pull the trigger too soon. <Wipes sweat from brow>

2013 Honda Fit Gets a New Color, Price Holds Steady | AutoGuide.com News

Oh, and I have no idea what they mean by "crossover".

Old 07-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Gojulas
Oh, and I have no idea what they mean by "crossover".
I'm thinking like a Nissan Rogue is basically built up from a Sentra.

Honda already has the CR-V as a crossover, I don't see the point in making another one. They should make a xB/Cube/Soul, maybe that's what they're planning on doing...

Japan has the N Box but we won't get it, too small for U.S. market, motor too small, but a really cool idea. The cargo options are awesome.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
I think it would be more like the Outback is based on the Impreza. Raise it by two inches of suspension travel, make the bumper a little bulgier, give it AWD maybe ... all set.

But man would that be slow without a power bump :)

Old 07-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by fujisawa
I think it would be more like the Outback is based on the Impreza. Raise it by two inches of suspension travel, make the bumper a little bulgier, give it AWD maybe ... all set.

But man would that be slow without a power bump :)
They already have that, it's called the CRV.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
They already have that, it's called the CRV.

I like the idea of something smaller than a CRV , and with some performance. Like a Honda version of a Juke, but better looking.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
I wish they would bring back the 1st gen CR-V that would be small enough.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
I was thinking more along the lines of the old Civic AWD wagon. But yes, I often described my CRV to people as a Civic jacked up four inches and given an AWD drivetrain and bigger engine. That's really what it is :)

Old 07-17-2012, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
I quess this will depend on how the next generation fit as to engine specs and size , since it will be direct injection and the first 1st Gen CR-V I think was only around 128hp. Or it could be like the Mini Countryman.

Last edited by cjecpa; 07-17-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Old 07-23-2012, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Element replacement-that's what I was thinking, too. Would they eliminate the current Fit- Would Honda sell two models that looked so similar?

Old 07-24-2012, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member

They should bring the Freed over since they're eliminating the Element.

Would be nice to give the Fit a little diet, and add a bigger engine...

Old 07-24-2012, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
Diesel over there has a lot of toque around 221lb. There was rumors a few years back that Honda was going to produce a diesel Element never happen. The Freed looks similar to the Mazda5.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by cjecpa
Diesel over there has a lot of toque around 221lb. There was rumors a few years back that Honda was going to produce a diesel Element never happen. The Freed looks similar to the Mazda5.
Yes, very similar to the Mazda 5, but the Freed Spike version is more about utility like the Element was, with the rubber flooring and big cargo space utility.
Several pics.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
With the amount of Mazda5s' that you see on the road you wonder why Honda did not offer this vehicle in the USA. The link where someone did a drawing I guess of what would be the HR-V looks similar to a Jeep. Wonder how much more cargo room you would get? I myself would not really be interested in a SUV or CUV but a high performance station wagon, yes.

Last edited by cjecpa; 07-24-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
What about this contraption?
:D

or this one (is this the JDM Odyssey?)

or just put a bigger engine in the Fit Shuttle (as already mentioned)

Last edited by FitStir; 07-26-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: fixed pics
Old 07-31-2012, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
would love to see the honda crossroad on this side of the pond...

Old 07-31-2012, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
The Crossroad seems like a no-brainer, but in case you haven't noticed Honda product planners haven't exactly been hitting home runs for at least a decade. I personally think it'd go over well. But just like every other car they sell, they have to have enough volume that they can justify a plant in North America, otherwise the imported ones just lose them money currently. I don't actually know where the Mazda5 is made, but I do know that Mazda consistently loses money, whereas Honda has never made an annual loss.

We all want more choice in cars, but from a carmaker's perspective this can reduce economies of scale and actually hurt the company. We all know what happened to the Prelude - it couldn't make money on its own and was overlapping the Civic Si and Accord Coupe demographics. Same thing here, which is sad because that Crossroad looks boss and the Fit Shuttle seems like a good practical competitor for the Prius V.

The Next Nippon Norimoto is funny, but it's not suitable for corn-fed Americans. If you're a large Corn Fed man or woman I apologize for the insinuation but on a factual basis you are a bit larger in circumference than most Japanese people. If the people with me on the subway in the morning are anything to go by - one seat per cheek! - that N+ is basically wide enough for one American in each row, which would make it a two seater. And unlike a mobility scooter, Wal Mart probably won't let you drive it inside to get your corn flakes.

That's humor, my friends. Anyway, keep the cool JDM pictures coming. I love the Stream RSZ personally.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fujisawa
The Next Nippon Norimoto is funny, but it's not suitable for corn-fed Americans. If you're a large Corn Fed man or woman I apologize for the insinuation but on a factual basis you are a bit larger in circumference than most Japanese people. If the people with me on the subway in the morning are anything to go by - one seat per cheek! - that N+ is basically wide enough for one American in each row, which would make it a two seater. And unlike a mobility scooter, Wal Mart probably won't let you drive it inside to get your corn flakes.
^^^ LOL! Sad but true. That's why they made the USDM GE8 front seatbacks larger than the rest of the world's, and because of that we lost refresh mode.

although I think it might be very similar to the Element.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Honda Fit Crossover