General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

2013 Fit Base Accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
2013 Fit Base Accessories?

Hi Fit Fans,
I am strongly considering a 2013 Fit, but would like to hear what accessories I should add to the base from the dealer, and if not, what do you suggest?
I am talking the simple stuff, like the mud guards, side molding for dent protection, rain guards above the window (though in Utah we don't get that much rain), cargo net, floor covers...
I want a Fit Base with M/T in the metallic light blue (blue raspberry), but this has been insane this summer, with none in the 5 Honda dealers along the Wasatch of Salt Lake City having one in that color, with the closest model 600 miles away.
I was also thinking of using the Costco Buyers Program in purchasing this vehicle, but if anybody feels that is a bogus program, please speak up.
Finally, I plan to use this Fit for camping and biking. I would like to put a hitch on back with a 2" receiver, because bike hitches for recumbent bikes with a 2" receiver hitch really keeps it from swaying from side to side.
Advice on the receiver hitch would be much appreciated.
Lyndon
Salt Lake City

Old 08-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Ok I can help!

Here are the dealer install things I recommend.

Centre console arm rest
Hood deflector
Door sill protector with Fit emblem
Cargo mat
Mud flaps
Rubber mats....the carpet ones ruin too fast even with summer use.
Rear bumper appliqué
Door visors
Shift knob with leather wrap

I was able to install all these things myself and saved some money.....something to consider when the dealer quotes a price.....ask for the uninstalled price...

And get the remote starter with security from Honda. Ensure it is the Honda version and not another brand the dealer is pushing....

The starter is good in both cold and hot weather.....heat or AC....a nice treat!

I also recommend the 700 dollar extra Honda plus warranty but no other warranties such as rim or tire warranties etc....rust proofing is no good on our fits.

Drive a hard bargain!

Costco is recommended!

Many regard

Dwayne

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 08-09-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:11 AM
Banned
Well I think I was looking for these kind of accessories for my Honda. The above mentioned things that the dealer can install are really costly so I thought of installing these myself. At least it is better than the dealer quotes.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:13 AM
Remember to check out the prices online like bernadi parts or other places!

Another thing you should look into is the Honda Element locking gas cap since our gas is easy accessible.
http://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-L...0-SAA-G00.aspx

And Weather Tech digital mats as alternative to the OEM rubber mat.
http://www.weathertech.com/honda/2012/fit/

Instead of the arm rest, might as well spend extra for the center console storage also.
http://www.bernardiparts.com/Departm.../Interior.aspx

Rear cargo tray is a must IMO.
http://www.bernardiparts.com/Departm...ior-Cargo.aspx

The cargo privacy cover can easily be DIYed for less than 20 dollars (cost may vary).
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...lots-pics.html

Last edited by PinoyBoy; 08-11-2012 at 04:21 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks guys.
I am with Mitcheller in looking for outside sources for some of these accessories, as the dealer mark up is rather ridiculous.
I agree with Dwayne with most of his accessory suggestions.
So which ones should really be bought from the Honda dealer, and which ones can be supplemented elsewhere?
Honda Elements are thick as ants here because of the huge outdoor community. AWD Elements hold way above their blu book value with tons of miles.
Lyndon
PinoyBoy,
Those are excellent ideas.
Anybody with the nay/say on the the hitch rack? Is it a no go for a 2" receiver hitch? I'm not planning on towing anything, just want that stable support for my recumbent bikes.

Last edited by LuckyLyndy; 08-09-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
Most of the accessories are fairly easy to install yourself. You can check out a lot of the installation videos on College Hills Honda website. My recommendation is to not buy any of the accessories installed by your dealer until you check out the online prices. You can get all the part numbers from the Honda Owners Link website. Just plug them into Google, ebay and Amazon and you'll get a good idea of the best prices. Craigs list is also a good source. I bought a cargo mat and cover for $60. Would have cost well over $200 retail. As far as what to buy first, get the floor mats. (Our carpets don't hold up too well). Lastly, lurk around the forums for a while and you'll soon get an idea of what's popular for accessories. For me, I wouldn't buy any of the accessories installed at the dealer, (except remote start maybe). Half the fun after you get the new car home, is how you can personalize your Fit by buying and installing all the accessories and aftermarket stuff yourself. Have fun.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Check College Hills Honda for OEM parts at reasonable rates. I bought my all season mats from them.

As far as your list, I don't believe you can put in the center console on a M/T.
At least you can't configure one with it on Honda's site.

I would search for DIY cargo protection here on the forum, and search for your hitch answers as well, seems like a fair number of people are using them here.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:04 AM
I agree you should get the floor mats first, Weathertech makes great custom ones. You also may want to get it tinted as they get very hot in direct sunlight with the windows up.

Those are the two things I've gotten for my Fit so far, still waiting on seat covers. Also thinking about a hood deflector as I have noticed a chip.

Last edited by Boon0053; 08-13-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
All these items would make it unique ..........2009-2013 Honda Fit Mugen Accessories - Genuine Mugen Parts

Old 08-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
pass the cargo cover it gets into the way than helping. instead, get your windows tinted.

also floor mats are nice to have. you can probably find a clean second hand one here at fitfreak, check the forsale section.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
2012 Base Price-Good?

Alright, that used 2009 Honda Fit was sold to "family", so I am back to new.
There is a 2012 Polished Metal Metallic Base nearby, and with discounts, he is offering it for $15,400. Is that a good deal, or would I be better served to wait for the 2013's (same, but it is a newer year) and probably receive the same price offering? Also, to get those door guards, would it be better to negotiate that at the dealer, or have it done at a detail shop along with window tinting?
Thanks, guys.
Lyndon
Salt Lake City

Old 08-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i personally dont like door molding as it's only for cosmetics and it's really kinda oldskool. and im not that young either.

like skipping pin-stripes (pre 1990's look) i would skip the moldings.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
I have had my Fit for about 2 1/2 years, park in parking lots every day, have yet to get scratched where the moldings would be. I have the WeatherTech digitla mats in front and the OEM Honda all weathers in the rear, because I think the coverage is better.
I like the cargo cover and cargo rubber mat. Seatcovers are something else you might want.
Someone posted some photos recently of Huskyliner mats and they look really good
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...bber-mats.html

Old 11-01-2012, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
2012 Base with M/T

I know I should start a new thread, but was looking for some fast input.
Dealer sent an email, for the 2013 Base, with manual transmission for a total of
$17,100 out the door if I paid cash.
Utah tax is 8%
Along with the other usual fees, is this a good price?
Finding a non Sport and manual has been crazy this past two months in the Salt Lake area.
Lyndon

Old 11-18-2012, 05:48 AM
5 Year Member
There is one thing I want to point out. The base model does not come with MAP LIGHTS, it only has a dome light. Also, no arm rest as well. So if you are really looking into practical stuff, think about installing those two at a dealership/body shop or DIY.

Other wise, Huskyliner and Weathertech floor mats are both great, Weathertech is slightly more price but you get pretty much the same stuff. I got the Husky Weatherbeater Floor Liners. Window tint is a must. Door (window) visor is useful if your area rains often. Door molding can come in handy if you are not a good parker or you visit public parking lot frequently. Mud guard is optional imo.

These are just my personal opinions, hope you love your Fit :]

Old 08-14-2013, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
Revive thread

Well, here I am a year later.
One dealer has 2013 Fit base with manual for $17,100 out the door.
Because my job location has changed, I will be driving a long commute on stop and go heavy traffic. This has made me reconsider the base auto, though I wonder how that changes the driving dynamics of such a small engine.
The other dealer has a 2013 base with auto, for $16,800, but that does NOT include state taxes, etc. when I asked him if he could match the other dealer who give a discount for schoolteachers, he blew me off saying they would not match with the teacher discount.
And, when are the 2014 models coming out?
Pretty frustrated with the three local dealers in Salt Lake.
Suggestions and ideas would be appreciated.

Yup, $17, 029
The other dealer has a base with auto, and wants to start at $16,787, which puts it at $1,200 over the other, just for the standard auto added.
Wish the first dealer had one. I plan to add tinting, center arm rest, mud flaps, mats, and rear hitch, but the dealer won't offer any of that.

Last edited by LuckyLyndy; 08-14-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Upsating the info