1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Alternative to Throttle Controllers

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Alternative to Throttle Controllers

Saw this online and would to share it with you guys.

SprintBooster Power Converter

SprintBooster, a Plug-n-Play Performance Upgrade for your Model Year 2000 or later vehicle. This is an upgrade that you can feel with normal everyday driving, not just on the track at redline like most other performance upgrades!

Most cars in the 21st century have replaced the more conventional throttle cable for an ECM (Electronic Control Module) that translates how hard the pedal is pushed into electronic signals in order to provide power to the wheels.
The ETC (Electronic Throttle Control), which is also known as Drive-By-Wire, has the unfortunate downside of delayed response and subdued acceleration, which can create problems in certain situations such as up-hill starts, quick gearchanges and overtaking.
SprintBooster overcomes this throttle response delay for your vehicle by providing crisp, on-tap acceleration for whenever the driver demands it.
Get more from your vehicle, fit a SprintBooster today!
Results:
At low revs, the engine responds at approximately half the time in comparison to before.

The delay time whilst accelerating in 3rd and 4th gear and the engine in the mid-range, is almost zero.

Big differences in the higher rev range.

Improved response for downshifts and safer overtaking.

Overall safety and more fun on the road!

SprintBooster Power Converter - www.SprintBoosterSales.com

Sprint Booster For Honda - www.SprintBoosterSales.com

Old 02-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
330$ USD

Not much of an alternative

Old 02-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Sorry if that came off a big negitive, thanks for posting up the information.

I was just hoping for a better price.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
well it is an alternative, just not at a competitive price :-P

Looks like they specialize in this product. I wonder if anybody has experience with it? Seems like it does the same thing as a Blitz TC, any advantages?

Old 02-25-2009, 02:56 PM
It's pretty popular in the MINI, BMW, VW, Chrysler Crossfire forums.

The price is high... $330 msrp, $300 ebay. =(

Old 02-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Are these products actually processing units or just a series of resistors and diodes that alter the signal?

Old 02-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
In comparison to this, the whole point of a throttle controller is to control the throttle... With the buddy club or blits tc, you can control how sensative it is whenever you want.

with this plug and play application, it seems like its on all the time... or at the very least you can turn in on... or off.

having different setting [i.e sp1 sp2 sp3 eco] is to control it negativley, positively... and to the max!!!

this is a cool product, but it really doesn't compete with the blitz tc because, although the price is the same, the blitz tc gives you more control

edit: sp3 is basically wot when the throttle is pushed ~55% in comparison to the 75% on sprint booster

do you have this product? i wanna try =D haha

Last edited by saiko; 02-25-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Old 05-22-2009, 08:31 PM
TTT ... I'm surprised still NO one has tried this???

Old 05-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Canadian_R32
TTT ... I'm surprised still NO one has tried this???
i tried this
it just makes the throttle more sensitive.....doesn't make it faster

i tried it for free at JRP (it only takes a few seconds to install/de-install!!!)

did i like it?

(hint: i didn't buy it)

Old 05-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by TheImmortal
i tried this
it just makes the throttle more sensitive.....doesn't make it faster

i tried it for free at JRP (it only takes a few seconds to install/de-install!!!)

did i like it?

(hint: i didn't buy it)
wow.. so not that big of a dif eh? not much love for this product... at least not compared to the Blitz TC ....

how long did you get to try it?

Old 05-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Canadian_R32
wow.. so not that big of a dif eh? not much love for this product... at least not compared to the Blitz TC ....

how long did you get to try it?
NO love for ANY tc

just went up and down the street

tc's r performance mods akin to shift knobs and racing pedals...it will change the way the car "feels" but to a stop watch with a competent driver there R NO improvements to performance

Old 05-26-2009, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
Of all of these T/C type devices the one that has the most versatility is the one made by Pivot.... It has an economy mode that opens the throttle at a slower than stock rate, and can be programmed to open at the speed that best suits your driving preferences.....It is also cheaper priced at $267.00.... No one has yet to have made mention of buying one on here so far that I know of.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Of all of these T/C type devices the one that has the most versatility is the one made by Pivot.... It has an economy mode that opens the throttle at a slower than stock rate, and can be programmed to open at the speed that best suits your driving preferences.....It is also cheaper priced at $267.00.... No one has yet to have made mention of buying one on here so far that I know of.
Which concerns me a bit. Even Sprint Booster is cheaper than Blitz, but it seems like it's the most popular (at least "documented"). I am more inclined to go with the Blitz (and yes pay more money) with so much positive feedback, where in theory, the sprint booster and pivot tc's do the "same" thing and are cheaper, BUT there I haven't heard any type of testimony on them. It's almost like "if everybody is jumping off the cliff, would you?" type of scenario but not really.. either way I'm still on the fence until we can actually have someone have ALL 3 tc's at once and do a comparison.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
The comparison between Pivot and Blitz was discussed months ago but everyone dived in the direction of the Blitz. I think it was due to marketing prowess more than anything else. My car is super charged now and the pivot is more appealing to me at this time but I am thinking more about doing the throttle spring fix to add some resistance to my overly heavy foot.... I guess that an old age attack of good sense has overcome me.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TheImmortal

tc's r performance mods akin to shift knobs and racing pedals...it will change the way the car "feels" but to a stop watch with a competent driver there R NO improvements to performance
LOL... fail

Performance is not all about time and speed, my friend. You swear like the an N/A Fit has enough power to make a drastic change, anyway.

fiy, shift knobs make your car feel like it shifts smoother and easier because it really does...

i.e. improving overall performance

Old 05-26-2009, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by saiko
LOL... fail

Performance is not all about time and speed, my friend. You swear like the an N/A Fit has enough power to make a drastic change, anyway.

fiy, shift knobs make your car feel like it shifts smoother and easier because it really does...

i.e. improving overall performance
I agree. I have driven fast cars and ridden fast motorcycles that were less fun than a good quality bicycle.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I agree. I have driven fast cars and ridden fast motorcycles that were less fun than a good quality bicycle.

LOL, I get what you're saying, but I'm just saying that performance is not all about speed... I guess you could say it changes from person to person. E.G. people who prefer choppers over crotch rockets

Old 05-28-2009, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
We're of the same school of thought. I added very light wheels and better tires prior to super charging my car. I had a hard time staying out of my car after the wheels and driven half as much after super charging. When I was a teen my friends drove hot rods and muscle cars and I drove an Austin Healey. A guy in a hotted up 57 Chevy took out a telephone pole trying to stay with me on a road with very tight curves. I didn't even know about it until I was told at school the next day..... I do love those lateral Gs.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:05 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Pivot makes good stuff. Every pivot product I have seen serves its purpose well and is a clean functional package, and none of it ever broke. I would bet their lower priced product performs on par with any other comparable product. I like the eco slower than OEM setting, since I use the fit when I want to save gas $$$. I use the accord when I want to cruise, be comfortable, or tear up some backroads, and the RR is to meet with the gods or release stress and re-center myself

Quick Reply: Alternative to Throttle Controllers