1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

The dealership left something behind...

Old 04-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
The dealership left something behind...

I took the Fit in on Wednesday to have the peeling seam repainted and I was telling the guy about putting a washer on the clips. They thought that was a great idea and when I picked up the car could see that it had been done. I drove around this morning and came home to start detailing for my first show on Saturday. When I got to the engine bay I noticed something different looking on top of my battery. There sitting in a line were 5 metal washer! I guess that is a good indication of a smooth running motor. I was even on the interstate this morning rolling at 70! Just thankful they did not bang around and cause any damage -

Cat :x

Old 04-16-2010, 04:42 PM
I think it is a better indication of a smooth driver! That or the Fits high G-force acceleration LOL Show us some pics of the seam you are talking about. I need a new hood, the paint on mine is beyond repair. Where did you get your CF hood from Cat?

Old 04-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Here are the little fellows that were riding on the battery:

This is a picture of the repaired seam. It peels right on the end nearest to the tire:

This is the other side where the washer is more visible:

Sorry for the glare but the car underwent wash, claying and two coats of Nxt Gen wax yesterday for our car show in the morning. The CF hood is on a plane from CA as I type this. Was hoping to have for the show but it takes a little bit of time to get the hood prepped and ready to be shipped. My friend Eric owns Red Sun Auto Sports so he is coming to the house with a friend to do the install for me. I purchased from Ill Streets and it is a Seibon OEM hood. Suppose to be a perfect fit so we shall see. Yes, my hood has so many rock chips it was cheaper to buy the CF hood then to get it repainted and end up in the same condition. I plan to put the stock hood back on for the winter and same with my rims. Oh, yeah! You know I wanted white rims - I am having the stockers powder coated white!

Cat :x

Old 04-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
they should have painted the washer red so it wouldn't stick out as much.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Red nail polish will take care of those little buggers right quick! I wanna see some pics of the stockers in white! That should look awesome! I am sooooo close to pulling the trigger on a CF hood, I just really can't afford it right now (too many projects going at once LOL) I, like you, can't stomach paying to get the stocker painted only to have it destroyed again....

Old 04-17-2010, 03:56 AM
should get plastic washers the metal ones will probably mess up the paint anyways

Old 04-17-2010, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
Good to see the dealer took your advice on the washers!

I took my car in a long while ago to get the same paint peeling problem repaired and I suggested they put washers, but the guy told me they were "professionals" and knew what they were doing. I believed them and now, I am having the same paint peeling problem and need to take it in once more. -_-

Old 04-17-2010, 04:43 AM
5 Year Member
are the peeling covered by warranty free of charge?