1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Fit stutter and sketchy garage

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Fit stutter and sketchy garage

Hello, I have an 07 fit sport automatic, with 90k on it. It's been doing the cold stutter thing when the cold light is on and you put it in gear for a few months now, and in New England that can be a real pain in the @$$. In the last week it started kicking/stuttering/hiccuping while in idle or in gear, I'm not a big car guy, so I just take it to our nearby Honda dealer for the scheduled maintenance when the lights come on, A1, B2, B13...

We just moved away from the dealer it had been to for 4 years and took it to a local Aamco to check out this hiccup/stutter. They diagnosed it as a burnt Torque Converter, and 1 coil, we needed the car back real soon so we went ahead and had the $$$$ fix done. I'm embarrassed to say how much we spent cause I really feel like we were scammed, when i asked to see the TC they said the sent it out and didn't have it, but it was burnt purple??

So now we have it back, it doesn't do the cold stutter. It ran fine for a day or so, but now it drives awful and still stutters constantly. Now that I found this forum it sounds like people have had similar issues with bad coils.

My Question. Has anyone had their Fit Sport need a tranny rebuild from a burnt torque converter at 90K??

Old 05-30-2010, 12:27 PM
The more I read about this issue, the more I feel I was scammed. bummer.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Sounds to me like you have been scammed my man. Local shops will take advantage of people who do not know any better, and its a crying shame they do this. Your problem sounds to me like a bad coil or possibly spark plugs. Honda recomends changing plugs at 100,000. It is possible this is your problem. Convertor problems will be constant not just when cold. Find a local Honda Dealer take it to them, it may cost a little more ( so you think ) but they will not scame you. Also I would threaten Aamco with a report to the Better Business Bureua. They may fix it for free, or at least you get to cuss them out.