1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Keyless Entry remote lost configuration

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Keyless Entry remote lost configuration

First of all gr8 forum. I just bought a 2007 Honda Fit Sport (US model) and all of a sudden my keyless entry remote lost it's configuration (stopped working), since the led was loosing intensity I decided to change the battery.
After the battery change it still didn't work, looking at this forum I followed the instructions to configure the controller, it worked but after 2 hours it lost the configuration again.

I have tried to re-configure again but to no avail, your help will be appreciate it so looking forward to your feedback.

BTW, the instructions I followed were:
Keyless Entry Transmitter ProgrammingThe codes of up to three transmitters can be stored into the keyless reciver unit memory. (If a fourth code is stored, the code which was input first will be erassed.
NOTE: It is important to maintain the time imits beween the steps. Make sure the doors and the tailgate are closed.

1. Tuan the ignition switch ON (II).
2. Within 1 to 4 sec, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver unit.
3. Within 1 to 4 sec, turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. Within 1 to 4 sec, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
5. Within 1 to 4 sec, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver unit.
6. Within 1 to 4 sec, turn the ignition switch OFF.
7. Within 1 to 4 sec, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
8. Within 1 to 4 sec, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver unit.
9. Whithin 1 to 4 sec, turn the ignition switch OFF.
10. Within 4sec, turn ignition switch ON (II).
11. Within 1 to 4 sec, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter animed at the keyless receiver unit.
12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators. Within 1 to 4 sec, push the transmitter lock or unlock button again.
13. Within 10 sec, aim the transmitters (up to additional ones) whose codes you want to store at the keyless receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons.
Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.
14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and pull out the key.
15. Confirm proper operation with the transmitters.

And I don't hear the door actuators any more, only when I do it manually.

Thank you very much!

Cisco