1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Panel gaps between doors not as tight???

Old 06-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Panel gaps between doors not as tight???

i have a 2008 Honda Fit Sport and when i first purchased the car in March of 2008, the panel gaps between the doors were small, normal.
now they aren't as tight as before..seemed to be widening.
anyone else have this problem? and is there anything my Honda dealership can do since it is still under warranty?
i measured them at 5 centimeters wide
that doesn't sound like much though..i was thinking of putting on some door edge guards and that will make the gaps look smaller
i took some pics of it but how the hell do you get a URL for your pics?

Last edited by ftlmatt; 06-27-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Hmmm, doubt the gaps are growing, but who knows, the panels might be shrinking??

There's a sticky at the top of the forum page on posting pics.

K_C

Old 06-27-2010, 12:48 PM
according to consumers report, the Honda Fit's "body integrity" got an average rating compared to every other category where it scored well above average.
and according to them, body integrity includes widening of panel gaps.
they have not grown past where they are now for about 8 or 9 months..

Old 06-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by ftlmatt
....and according to them, body integrity includes widening of panel gaps.
Well now, that is certainly something I can relate to_!

arghhh

Old 06-27-2010, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Every time I look at my car recently it appears that the gap between the front doors and fenders is widening.... Everything else looks and fits just fine, there is no rattles and I have ever removed or replaced anything that would cause this.... The gap on both sides are appear to be spaced the same..... It presents no problem, it's just weird.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Every time I look at my car recently it appears that the gap between the front doors and fenders is widening.... Everything else looks and fits just fine, there is no rattles and I have ever removed or replaced anything that would cause this.... The gap on both sides are appear to be spaced the same..... It presents no problem, it's just weird.

yeah i don't have any rattles either...if mine did, it would drive me NUTS!!
my brother has a Ford Mustang (Ford Shit-Stang) and there are rattles all over the interior and you can feel the car "flexing" over bumps...i hate that damn car!! it's only a 2003 model...and what he paid for it, plus all the after market stuff he put on it, he could have bought a Honda S2000. i would probably hate him though if he bought one of those!!

Old 06-27-2010, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
yeah i don't have any rattles either...if mine did, it would drive me NUTS!!
my brother has a Ford Mustang (Ford Shit-Stang) and there are rattles all over the interior and you can feel the car "flexing" over bumps...i hate that damn car!! it's only a 2003 model...and what he paid for it, plus all the after market stuff he put on it, he could have bought a Honda S2000. i would probably hate him though if he bought one of those!!
In 1979 I decided that I would eat shit off of a dirty spoon before I'd ever purchase a new Ford product again.... Of course all of the U.S. built cars in the 70s were crap.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
All my interior panels are warped. The fit doesn't take heat to well.
Its 109F today in Las Vegas!

Old 06-28-2010, 12:23 PM
In 1979 I decided that I would eat shit off of a dirty spoon before I'd ever purchase a new Ford product again.... Of course all of the U.S. built cars in the 70s were crap.
yeah they were! and now a lot of Fords are built in Mexico!! i love the people that say, "i don't want to buy a Honda or Toyota. I want to buy an American car!"
8 out of every 10 Honda's and the same for Toyota, are built right here in the USA!
my neighbor bought a Ford Fusion and thought he was buying American..until i showed him the sticker that is on the inside of the drivers door that said "built in (some town) Mexico" LOL
an 8 year old Honda is as reliable as a 4 year old Ford. Ford always has commercials that say their reliability is better than Honda and Toyota...Ford's don't have many problems in the first couple of years, but after that they go to shit...and Ford only takes it's reliability ratings from the time the person bought the car to about one year later..so they have it all wrong

Old 06-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Jimmy101
All my interior panels are warped. The fit doesn't take heat to well.
Its 109F today in Las Vegas!
do you have a good quality sunshade? i live in South Florida and use mine everyday...
here is a link to Autoanything.com the link has a sunshade for a Honda Fit, you have to pick your model's year, and it's 50 bucks...BUT!! it is totally worth it and unlike the 10 dollar ones at Walgreens, these really do work VERY well to protect your dash from UV and keeps it cooler inside compared to having nothing at all...the cheaper ones DO NOT protect because they are only one layer and they only last a couple of months...it is a great investment
http://www.autoanything.com/driving-...A1228A0A0.aspx

Last edited by ftlmatt; 06-28-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 06-28-2010, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Good info.

do you have a good quality sunshade? i live in South Florida and use mine everyday...
here is a link to Autoanything.com the link has a sunshade for a Honda Fit, you have to pick your model's year, and it's 50 bucks...BUT!! it is totally worth it and unlike the 10 dollar ones at Walgreens, these really do work VERY well to protect your dash from UV and keeps it cooler inside compared to having nothing at all...the cheaper ones DO NOT protect because they are only one layer and they only last a couple of months...it is a great investment
Covercraft Sun Shades, Covercraft Custom UV Shield, Heat Shield
Thanks for the information about the good quality windshield shades... I am using a cheapy that doesn't fit 100% but the upper part of my windshield has very dark tint that filters some U.V. rays and the upholstery isn't fading.... Still a shade that has better insulating capability would keep the interior temperature lower.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the information about the good quality windshield shades... I am using a cheapy that doesn't fit 100% but the upper part of my windshield has very dark tint that filters some U.V. rays and the upholstery isn't fading.... Still a shade that has better insulating capability would keep the interior temperature lower.
your welcome...yeah those cheap ones do not fit very well at all, and they are so damn thin!! i was buying one every two months or so. for all the money i spent on them, i could have bought a few of the quality ones from Autoanything.
it keeps the interior cooler than without a sunshade, but when the temps are in the 90's, it is still hot inside, but not as bad as it would be without one!
i always keep my sunshade in place when i start my car, roll down the windows and with the A/C in fresh air mode and on full blast for about 2 minutes. i go back inside my apt. while it does that. then i go roll up the windows, keep the A/C on full blast but put it on recycled air mode for another 3 minutes or so..that makes the car cool down quicker.
i really only bought the heatshield to block out the UV rays, but keeping the car cool doesn't hurt either.
i always make sure to put on good UV protection (like Armor All) on my dash also for the times when the sun is hitting the dash when i am driving.