1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Engine Codes 2007 Honda Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 03:40 AM
Engine Codes 2007 Honda Fit Sport

I have 63309 miles on my 07 fit sport. I was feeling a weird popping or misfire for a about a month now. So i hooked up the carmd to the computer port of the car. I got some codes back and want to know how i can fix them. They all seem to be for the problem that i think i was having.

P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected - This fault code indicates the Misfire Monitor has detected that a misfire in Cylinder 2 was detected. The vehicle’s computer continuously checks for engine misfires and identifies the specific cylinder or cylinders in which the misfire occurred. The Misfire Monitor continuously checks for engine misfires. A misfire occurs when the air-fuel mixture in the cylinder does not ignite properly due to the absence or incorrect proportions of spark, air and fuel in the combustion chamber. Possible Causes:
Fuel system problem affecting only Cylinder 2
Ignition system problem affecting Cylinder 2
Base engine (mechanical) problem affecting only Cylinder 2
Condition For Setting The Code:
DTC P0107, P0108, P0131, P0132, P0171, P0172, P1128, P0335, P0336, P0505, P1128, P1129, P1259, P1361, P1362, P1366, P1367 and P1519 not set, engine running under positive torque conditions, and the PCM detected a misfire condition in one cylinder. Note: If the misfire is severe, the MIL will flash on/off on the 1st trip!

P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected - This fault code indicates the Misfire Monitor has detected that a misfire in Cylinder 1 was detected. The vehicle’s computer continuously checks for engine misfires and identifies the specific cylinder or cylinders in which the misfire occurred. The Misfire Monitor continuously checks for engine misfires. A misfire occurs when the air-fuel mixture in the cylinder does not ignite properly due to the absence or incorrect proportions of spark, air and fuel in the combustion chamber. Possible Causes:
Faulty spark plug
Faulty ignition coil
Faulty fuel injector
Faulty fuel pump and/or regulator
Poor connections or loose terminals at the ignition coil, the injector, and the PCM
"Open" or "Short" circuit between the ignition coil and the under-hood fuse/relay box
"Open" or "Short" circuit between the PCM and the ignition coil
Internal engine problem
Incorrect PCM idle learn procedure
Incorrect CKP pattern learn procedure
MAF sensor
The execution time is once per driving cycle and the duration time is 200 revolutions for Type 1 and 1,000 revolutions for Type 2. Conditions for illuminating the MIL Type 1 and Type 2. * Misfire Type 1 (Severe) Per 200 revolutions 27-90 times. If a type 1 misfire (catalyst damaging) occurs once, the MIL blinks once per second, a Temporary DTC is stored, and the high rpm fuel injection stop system activates. The fuel injection stops, at high rpm only, on the cylinder that has the highest misfire counts. the MIL continues to blink, and the fuel injection stays off at high rpm, until the drive is completed. If a type 1 misfire occurs during a second drive cycle, the MIL and fuel injection behave the same and a DTC is stored. After a type 1 misfire has been detected during two drive cycles, the MIL comes on and stays on beginning with the third drive cycle, unless the Temporary DTC has been cleared by the PCM. Even if the MIL is on, it will start blinking if a type 1 misfire occurs. If the malfunction recurs during the next (second) drive cycle, the MIL comes on and the DTC and the freeze frame data are stored. * Misfire Type 2 (Light) Per 1,000 revolutions 55 times. If a type 2 misfire (emission-related but not severe enough to immediately damage the catalyst) occurs, a Temporary DTC is stored, but the MIL does come on or blink. If a type 2 misfire occurs during a second drive cycle, the MIL comes on and stays on unless the Temporary DTC has been cleared by the PCM. NOTE: Before you troubleshoot, record all freeze data and any on-board snapshot.

P0300 Random Misfire Detected - This fault code indicates the Misfire Monitor has detected that multiple misfires in multiple random cylinders (the misfire is not isolated to a single cylinder) were detected. The vehicle’s computer continuously checks for engine misfires and identifies the specific cylinder or cylinders in which the misfire occurred. The Misfire Monitor continuously checks for engine misfires. A misfire occurs when the air-fuel mixture in the cylinder does not ignite properly due to the absence or incorrect proportions of spark, air and fuel in the combustion chamber. Possible Causes:
Poor fuel quality
Clogged fuel filter
Faulty spark plugs
Faulty Fuel pump and/or regulator
Poor connections or loose terminals at the ignition coil, the injector, and the PCM
Check the CKP pattern learn procedure
The execution time is once per driving cycle and the duration time is 200 revolutions for Type 1 and 1,000 revolutions for Type 2. Conditions for illuminating the MIL Type 1 and Type 2. * Misfire Type 1 (Severe) Per 200 revolutions 27-90 times. If a type 1 misfire (catalyst damaging) occurs once, the MIL blinks once per second, a Temporary DTC is stored, and the high rpm fuel injection stop system activates. The fuel injection stops, at high rpm only, on the cylinder that has the highest misfire counts. the MIL continues to blink, and the fuel injection stays off at high rpm, until the drive is completed. If a type 1 misfire occurs during a second drive cycle, the MIL and fuel injection behave the same and a DTC is stored. After a type 1 misfire has been detected during two drive cycles, the MIL comes on and stays on beginning with the third drive cycle, unless the Temporary DTC has been cleared by the PCM. Even if the MIL is on, it will start blinking if a type 1 misfire occurs. If the malfunction recurs during the next (second) drive cycle, the MIL comes on and the DTC and the freeze frame data are stored. * Misfire Type 2 (Light) Per 1,000 revolutions 55 times. If a type 2 misfire (emission-related but not severe enough to immediately damage the catalyst) occurs, a Temporary DTC is stored, but the MIL does come on or blink. If a type 2 misfire occurs during a second drive cycle, the MIL comes on and stays on unless the Temporary DTC has been cleared by the PCM. NOTE: Before you troubleshoot, record all freeze data and any on-board snapshot.

How i fix this?

Last edited by yasirfaheem; 05-22-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Most likely ignition related. Coil packs have been talked about as being the culprit. You have a whole list of possible causes...

What was the problem you were thing of?

Old 05-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Label all of your coils with masking tape. Take the coils off of cylinders 1 and 2, and swap them out with 3 and 4. Clear all codes and go for a drive. If your check engine light comes on and you get codes for P0303 and P0304 you can confirm those coils are dead and need to be replaced.

The above assumes that all of your spark plugs are in good working order. If they aren't, you need to start there by replacing them with new ones.

good luck!

Last edited by KyleB; 05-22-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:47 PM
what are the best long lasting spark plugs for the 2007 fit sport?

Old 05-28-2011, 08:48 PM
How good are Autolite XP Xtreme Performance Spark Plugs? What is the best coil pack for the 2007 fit?

Old 05-29-2011, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
I got the Autolite iridium plugs in my 2008 and they are good. Your coil packs sound like there on the way out. We have lots of threads here on the "misfiring coil packs"!
I got my plugs from Rock Automotive.com and w/ the rebate it was easy on the wallet, and they have coil packs from 49.00 on up to 78.00; which is a rip they're just a freak'n coil should be 15.00 but I'm old and can remember when a dollar actually could buy something...

Old 03-22-2018, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
Coil packs & plugs

Originally Posted by yasirfaheem
How good are Autolite XP Xtreme Performance Spark Plugs? What is the best coil pack for the 2007 fit?
My '07 Sport MT has been running Autolite Iridium XP5224 plugs for 51,000 miles and no problems. Still getting same mileage as with the factory original Denso Iridium SKJ20DR-M13 plugs. Odo now at 200,500.

Because I need to replace a coil pack, pulled a plug to check it. Nice warm brown tip, gap still about 0.05". Got a great deal with manufacturers $2/plug rebate and a 20% off Advance Auto online coupon, which brought the cost to just $3.60 each, way cheaper than the Denso's. I expect these to last 100,000 miles.

As for coil pack, there are many posts on FitFreak that the only ones to use are Factory OEM Hitachi. Honda's P/N is 30520-PWC-S01 and dealers want $100 or more. You can buy the same thing online, Hitachi IGC0053 for less than half that. My replacements were about $42 from Rock Auto. Easy job.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
Lower compression (or politically correct, "high mileage engine") put less stress on the spark plug so it can last longer (assuming the engine is not burning too much oil)
In hotter climates ignition coils are failing much faster, plus on Fit they are located at the hottest area of the engine; on other Hondas they last more than 10 years.
This week on the wrecking yard I saw two Fits with original coils, both were out of state ones