1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Fuel pump help needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Fuel pump help needed

Hey people im , new to the forums, well this is my first time posting so here goes. I own a jdm 2006 fit and the fuel pump died, so i switched it with a new one and strange enough its giving the same problem. Do i have to get a pump with a certain psi? the new one i hooked up is working but the pressure is to low to start the car.what should i do. all help will be appreciated

Old 07-09-2011, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Fuel filter new?

Old 10-15-2011, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pcn9094
Hey people im , new to the forums, well this is my first time posting so here goes. I own a jdm 2006 fit and the fuel pump died, so i switched it with a new one and strange enough its giving the same problem. Do i have to get a pump with a certain psi? the new one i hooked up is working but the pressure is to low to start the car.what should i do. all help will be appreciated
It’s not my intention to bump this thread. I just saw you badly need some help. I recommend checking the fuel pum relay before doing anything else. There might be also a possible ecu faulty issue, which is definitely common to fits. On the other hand you can go directly to the wiring. Good luck and hope you will be able to fix your thing.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pcn9094

When you switched to a new fuel pump was it intended for your Fit? or some generic fuel pump. Fit uses a high pressure pump because it has fuel injectors so areplacement specifically intended for your Fit model is required.
And when you replace the fuel pump you must replace the fuel filter; its easy for trash in the fuel to plug the filter which then causes the pump to appear failed or even to cause it to fail.
And yes, check the fuel pump fuse.

Last edited by mahout; 10-16-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Is the Denso the OEM on 2007 FIT?
Besides pump and strainer anything else for a normal swap out?
Fuel pump tank seal?

I have no intention of doing this, any idea of typical labor hour charge?

Old 11-19-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm in agreement with your mechanic. The starting problem sounds to me like the fuel pump isn't pressurizing the system well enough during the first key cycle. Try turning the key to on for a second, back to off, and then starting the car. If that works every time, then the pump is weak or the in tank filter is blocked. Either way, you want to replace the pump and filter while you are in the tank.
Starter spins no fire, no codes, always starts next time. Seems worse on cold starts.

2007 Automatic 142,000 miles

Aside: Great info on coil packs on this forum. Something else to watch for but an easy diy. Thanks.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Make sure when the fuel pump is installed that the Oring seals up correctly or your system won't really hold pressure. Like they said, of cycling it on and off a few times and then it starts easier, this might be the issue.