1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Newbie from England

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Newbie from England

Hi Guys just bought my jazz GD last week found the car locally its a 2007 1 owner 40k miles. main reason for buying the car is to use as a runaround as i have to travel with my job and my other car draws too much attention when parked in undesirable places its a JDM Civic FD2. Also the jazz will keep my fuel bills down, found the car to be great so far very comfy and keeps up with traffic eaisly on the motorway.
No one seems to modify honda jazz's here in the uk so since finding this site have seen how good they can look modded. gonna do a few bits to it not too much.

Rear tints
mugen wind deflectors
Lowered on either tein or skunk 2 springs (anyone got any opinions)
Rota slipstreem matt black rims
Spoon rear wing

hope you guys enjoy ive detailed the car forgot to take before pics of the car just the engine bay

Name:  DSC00087.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  140.6 KB

Name:  DSC00081.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  139.2 KB

Name:  DSC00094.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  68.6 KB
Before Cleaning
Name:  IMG_1288.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  99.6 KB
After
Name:  IMG_1289.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  110.3 KB

Old 07-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Allow me to be the first to welcome you. This is a great forum with great people. Alot of knowledge here on numerous topics.

As for springs. I had both the skunks and tein. Im on the tein now. In my opion tein is much better. They ride smoother and lower. You will not be disappointed with these. The skunks were nice in the front, but the rear drove me nuts from not being as low as front.

Good luck and happy surfing our forum.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
hello.. welcome to the GD world.. hahaha... for springs i recommend u th TEIN.. i'm using it too, i've tried tanabe df, but for me it's to soft.. ^^

Old 07-17-2011, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
hey! from the uk as well!

FD2! nice ride! pics!!!

i have similar plans 2 you for my little runaround as well, u got any quotes for tinting the rears by any chance???

Old 07-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the advice guys looks like the teins are the ones to go for. ive always liked tein as a brand and they have very good after sales

James - ive had 2 quotes £90 & £120 to tint B pilar back. ive had a previous car tinted by the guy who quoted £120 so i think il go with him as his work was spot on last time. as for pics of my fd2 heres a few hondas ive owned & modded

Name:  030.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  67.4 KB

Name:  025.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  96.4 KB

Name:  1236.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  53.3 KB

EP3

Name:  carbonbonnet030.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  125.7 KB

Name:  ctrlatestpics030.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  133.6 KB

Name:  ctrlatestpics008.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  84.8 KB

EP2 which i had tinted

Name:  127.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  178.7 KB

Old 07-17-2011, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
Type r goodness

Old 07-17-2011, 04:33 PM
FD2 is hawt dude, Im a civic man at heart too, but im into the EG

Im from the englandshire also, Ive started modding my Jazz, Ive just purchased some BC racing coils for it too.

There are a few of us creating awesome Jazz projects in the UK, but not many

Old 07-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum and the Fit family. Love your rides - awesome looking Honda's. Your car looks brand new and good to find one that has been pretty well taken care of. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the Fit.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks guys

I dont have lots planned for the jazz to be honest just do a few nice mods

DingleLongDong - eg civic nice ! always wanted an eg hard to find a good rust free one now though.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Man it makes me so jealous to see those type r's. I love watching Top Gear UK but it just makes me realize the cars we get here suck. I need to move lol.

Anyways welcome to the forums and nice little fit. I will be putting some teins on our fit in the future as well. They are a reputable brand thats been around for a while and they are terrible expensive.

Out of curiousity are there many junk yard over there? I am just wondering what the chances of finding euro eg (92-95 civic hatch) parts would be. Not sure what they sold there in terms of that car.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Manga_spawn
Man it makes me so jealous to see those type r's. I love watching Top Gear UK but it just makes me realize the cars we get here suck. I need to move lol.

Anyways welcome to the forums and nice little fit. I will be putting some teins on our fit in the future as well. They are a reputable brand thats been around for a while and they are terrible expensive.

Out of curiousity are there many junk yard over there? I am just wondering what the chances of finding euro eg (92-95 civic hatch) parts would be. Not sure what they sold there in terms of that car.
My FD2 is a jap import we never got it here in the uk we got the FN2 which as far as type r's go isnt up to much. out of intrest did the us ever get any type r i see vids of dc2 tegs in the US. Wow top gear gets everywhere then again i watch american hotrod in england.

dont know what euro parts your after pretty much the same as usdm spec car. yep lots of junk yards over here why not try e-bay.co.uk should find most oem bits on there

Old 07-19-2011, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
I was more curious if there was any special releases or anything different. I know the feiro (4 door 92-95 civic) has some different stuff on it from USDM civics but never heard about hatches. Not sure if you guys got the b16 si's that Japan got for those model years but we sure didn't. I don't know just interested.

The Dc2 type r is the only type r that ever made it to the states. However it had less power and different interior than the JDM tegs and clearly a different front end.

I have never understood why they have never released more type r cars here. It also sucks we didn't even get a hatch for the last gen of civic. Type r's are just the tip of the iceberg also you guys have so many hot hatchbacks that we never see at all. That 300 hp focus you guys got was a beast and all the others that have 200+hp engines we never see. There is fewer and fewer sporty fun cars and more and more boring fwd family cars that put me to sleep. I wish they would see that there is definately a market for these cars here and even if the price is a little higher realize they would sell.

And as for Top Gear UK it is hands down my favorite TV show. So funny and so many great adventures. I would seriously do that job for free so long as my basic needs were met.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
lovely FD2 mate! the quote u got is pretty good! that including the whole rear window as well?? cheshire a little far for me though :/ at least i know the approx going rate...was quoted £300 by someone.....u just googled him to find him???

I had a lovely EK9 that i sold off =(

Old 07-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by James128
lovely FD2 mate! the quote u got is pretty good! that including the whole rear window as well?? cheshire a little far for me though :/ at least i know the approx going rate...was quoted £300 by someone.....u just googled him to find him???

I had a lovely EK9 that i sold off =(
yes mate that includes the back window heres his website
Car Window Tinting - Liverpool - Privacy Glass - Tinted Windows & Glass - Window Tint sure you will find somone closer to you that will beat £300 thats the most ive ever heared for tinting. ek9 another type r i love never driven one though.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Manga_spawn
I was more curious if there was any special releases or anything different. I know the feiro (4 door 92-95 civic) has some different stuff on it from USDM civics but never heard about hatches. Not sure if you guys got the b16 si's that Japan got for those model years but we sure didn't. I don't know just interested.

The Dc2 type r is the only type r that ever made it to the states. However it had less power and different interior than the JDM tegs and clearly a different front end.

I have never understood why they have never released more type r cars here. It also sucks we didn't even get a hatch for the last gen of civic. Type r's are just the tip of the iceberg also you guys have so many hot hatchbacks that we never see at all. That 300 hp focus you guys got was a beast and all the others that have 200+hp engines we never see. There is fewer and fewer sporty fun cars and more and more boring fwd family cars that put me to sleep. I wish they would see that there is definately a market for these cars here and even if the price is a little higher realize they would sell.

And as for Top Gear UK it is hands down my favorite TV show. So funny and so many great adventures. I would seriously do that job for free so long as my basic needs were met.
No we never got the eg6 SIR either we had the VTI which was similar. the uk tegs are pretty much the same as the jdm ones except the front end. as for the focus rs hot hatches are very popular cars over here. top gear has gone a little stupid though not always about the cars nowadays however they tested the nissan gtr vs jag xk rs last weeks episode that was good.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I enjoy both sides of Top gear. I like seeing the actual car stuff but I like the crazy projects and tests they do as well. I would kill for the GTR but alas I don't quite have the $75k for one.

I also wish we at least had the option to import cars but the cost alone would be huge and it wouldn't be legal and probably never make it through customs.