Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

P0847 Transmission Fluid Preassure Sensor Switch B Circuit Low. Help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
P0847 CEL Update

Finally got around to replacing the sw B (bottom item #9). The connector was clean on visual. Drove it around. No more blinking "D". Shifts to 5th in S mode. Will wait a while, drive it some more and see if the CEL goes away. Probably change AT fluid next.

Part Detail

Last edited by Subie; 06-16-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subie
Finally got around to replacing the sw B (bottom). The connector was clean on visual. Drove it around. No more blinking "D". Shifts to 5th in S mode. Will wait a while, drive it some more and see if the CEL goes away. Probably change AT fluid next.

Part Detail
Glad to see you fixed it. If you don't have a OBDII scanner to erase the code you can go to Auto Zone for free because the CEL light wont go out until its erased.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks SB. Will try that. I guess my Ultra Gauge can't clear it...

Old 06-21-2012, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks SB. Will try that. I guess my Ultra Gauge can't clear it...
Sorry Subie, I did not know you had a ultra gauge. It should erase the codes but I used mine for a neighbors car and I had to do it twice to erase the codes. Do a idle relearn too.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
I just performed this fix on my 08 base model. Worked like a charm and the CEL went out as soon as I started it up.

Once I got under there I thought I could do it without removing the splash guard, but I couldn't quite get the wrench in there enough. Even with removing the splash guard I was done in 40 minutes. It was a lot easier than I was expecting

Old 09-27-2012, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
does anyone have a pic of this on where in the car it is? I know someone posted pic on first page but pics dont work anymore and this blinking D came back once again and since I still have new switch I want to change it out.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
OK, pic works now. But does anyone have an actual pic of it in the car?

Old 09-28-2012, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by junior40er
does anyone have a pic of this on where in the car it is? I know someone posted pic on first page but pics dont work anymore and this blinking D came back once again and since I still have new switch I want to change it out.
Hey junior, I don't have a pix and don't have the car right now. I'll see what I can do once my I get hold of the car. The car's my son's DD to school. I'll try to get a pix and post or PM you.

Anyway it's accessible from the bottom, back end of the engine (opposite the drive belt, on driver side IIRC). Mine's doing fine after replacing it.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Unhappy Question... Replaced switch but still not fixed.. help!! Anyone?

Hi there. I was wondering if you could help. I have the same issue with my 2008 Fit, Im at about 80,400 miles when i felt the jerking but didnt get a check engine light but once i felt the jerk i took it to autozone for a scan and it picked up the code. Im lucky enough to have a father and a brother who are both mechanics and was able to have the part purchased and replaced within 1 day. Unfortunately after about 15 minutes of driving perfectly with no jerking and about 2 hours of leaving it turned off in the driveway it continued to jerk when I started to drive on the freeway. Once i got to about 60mph i felt the little jerks and I tried to accelerate to see if it would pass but it still kept jerking. I drove it home and felt a few more jerks but still no check engine light. Was wondering if you had good luck with switching the part out? I'm just looking for any recommendations as to what next? So if you or anyone else out there is listening.. help! Thanks!!

error code from autozone...

"Error code: p0847 3rd clutch transmission fluid pressure switch stuck"

Finally got to put it on ramps today to do a visual on the switch. Didn't see anything obvious - pins, plug, connector, wire... So I put it back together.

Intermittent as heck though since my 1st post on a CEL (Mon). Sometimes no CEL at all. Sometimes, CEL from the start and sometimes CEL while driving.

Since this is my son's DD, I never really got to drive it long enough to check the symptoms except this AM. He mentioned about sometimes the car would jerk with a thump randomly - when shifting to D or waiting at a light in D. Sure enough it did when I was driving it this AM. Was sitting at a light in D when it felt like somebody nudged my rear bumper. No CEL at this point.

Drove it a few blocks more and it felt like clutch-slip between 1st and 2nd. Then the CEL finally showed up before getting home. Sports mode doesn't work either when this happens. Well I have the switch on order and will replace it when I get the part.

Thanks for chiming in guys (Junior40er and DSM). We'll see how it goes...

Old 02-06-2014, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Christina Diaz
"Error code: p0847 3rd clutch transmission fluid pressure switch stuck"
Hey CD, well you're ahead already having 2 mechanics in the family. Just curious if that's the switch they replaced though. Did you have them check it out again, I mean with the jerking the 2nd time around.

I see you also found the other thread already where I also posted a link to the part location link: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-...ml#post1215395
Part # 28600-RPC-003, item #9 on the illustration is what I replaced.

I'm not a mechanic, just a DIY guy with simple stuff. But yeah after I replaced the switch, all symptoms went away. Curious about the "jerking behavior" @ 60mph. Were you able to maintain freeway speed at this point or did the car go into limp mode (no acceleration)? Was it like rough shifting or misfiring? 2 different scenarios there. One would be transmission related and the other would be ignition related. Either way, you should have tripped a CEL. Don't know. Maybe recheck the wiring connector that goes on the switch. Anyway, replacing the solenoid switch definitely cured P0847 for me. Good luck and pls. keep us posted.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Hi all, I'm new here and I'm looking for some help.
I have a 2008 Fit Sport AT (71k miles). My CEL came on and the D was blinking. It was running low on transmission fluid, I added fluid and the blinking D light went off, however the CEL is still on.
I took it to Autozone and they pulled a P0847 code.
"3rd clutch transmission fluid pressure switch stuck on
Probable cause: 1) Open or short circuit condition; 2) Faulty pressure switch; 3) Hydraulic system failure"

From reading this thread and others, you have changed the switch, does anyone know the part number? And where is the best place to buy the part?

Is it a good idea to take it to Honda and have do further diagnostics

Thanks in advance for your help/advice...

Hills

Old 06-11-2014, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
Your choice

Hey hillsmagee! If you scroll further down this thread is an Illustrated Parts Breakdown (IPB) link. I ordered mine online. Part# 28600-RPC-003 #9 on the IPB. Link is also on this thread. Ok, here it is: 2007 Honda Fit Solenoid - 5DR SPORT KA 5AT ATM0710

Choice is yours if you want to take it to Honda and spend some more $$. Replacing the switch fixed my problem. Good luck!

Old 07-21-2014, 08:29 AM
The picture is from the engin bay . Is it that one for the P0847 pressur sensor ? Thanx

Old 07-21-2014, 08:30 AM

Old 07-22-2014, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like it. Click on the link in my previous post to see where it is. I replaced #9. Good luck.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:59 PM
See photo for location. I think you could do it possibly without removing any extras depending on how tight it is. Laying on my back under the front of the car looking toward the front left wheel. You won't see yellow as that is with the connector pulled off.

I believe the part numbers are 28600-RPC-003 for the pressure switch and 90471-PW7-A00 for the 10mm gasket.
Name:  photo_zps2335cb9d.jpg
Views: 20727
Size:  79.8 KB

Last edited by jojome20; 09-02-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Hello FitFreaks! This is my first post here. Thanks for the great information! I'm new to FitFreak, but not new to forums. I'm coming from S2ki.com and appreciate the enthusiasts!

My sister in law has the same flashing D light on her 2009(?) Fit. Father in law almost brought it to the stealership. Looks like $40 and some elbow grease should get it done.

It has not thrown any codes yet or shifting weird or gone into limp mode. Will update as soon if anything changes.

Just writing to say thanks to all that contributed to this thread.

Last edited by SarekS2k; 11-11-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Hope it works out!

Old 11-26-2014, 11:04 AM
What was the part number? Also - How much Tran Fluid leaked out?

Old 11-26-2014, 05:40 PM
Hope it works out!
changed out the sensor.

so far so good.

FYI check with the dealership to make sure the part number above is good for your year. I was told that it was for an older model (pre-09). They gave me a new number that was then superceded by another.

I'll try to get my hands on that number and post up.

Quick Reply: P0847 Transmission Fluid Preassure Sensor Switch B Circuit Low. Help?