1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

MTEC Industries Racing Spring Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
MTEC Industries Racing Spring Review

So I am always looking for ways to improve the stock shifters feel. I have tried many shifter mod companies including swapping out to the mugen assembly. Nothing really impressed me. I've had this installed in my car for about a month and can tell you as soon as I jumped in the car to play with the shifter, I noticed a huge difference. At first, I didn't know if I liked the mod and thought i made a mistake. It was so stiff and made it feel worse imo. This feeling was just with a weighted skunk2 knob and CH shift extender. It didn't feel right with the side to side motion being restricted and the distance going into gear being longer than stock because of my extender. So I decided to grab the H-fit kit and that was when the racing spring felt natural. Before I had the Race Spring installed my play from side to side had no kickback but this product has definitely eliminated that. I was going the get the Street Spring but I've decided from reviews on other honda sites and got the Race Spring. It might take people a couple of hours to get used to the kickback, but it took me a couple of days. I took my time thinking that easing in with the driving was the best way, but i realized with all the kickback you would have to drive it spiritedly to get the right shift feeling.

This is a great and cheap modification if you drive your car hard, daily or on the track. If you do get it, it is a must to get some hardmount bushings or some kind of short shift adapter (IMHO). Some might not need the short shifter or bushings.

Mike is also a great person to talk/work with and considers customer service his #1 priority.

I would not recommend installing the spring alone especially if you aren't handy as a driveway mechanic.

Company: MTEC Industries

Web Site: MTEC Industries