1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

BOYCOTT JUNK2. (Lots of Shady Activity Within)

Old 02-03-2012, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Name:  obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  10.1 KB

Last edited by Btrthnezr3; 02-03-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:18 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
I guess the parts i seen being fabbed by Dr. Charles and later put into production were imaginary?

Old 02-03-2012, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Idk about the situation--and I don't know who is right or wrong. I haven't had any issues with Skunk2 (don't have any of their products). I just think the internet fighting is laughable.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Of course Junk2's west coast street team has come to their defense.

Chris, a member of NWP got this manifold, upon seeing how much of a POS it was, he contacted Junk2 who told him they all look like that, is this the kind of shit you saw being made?

Last edited by mike410b; 02-03-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
I guess the parts i seen being fabbed by Dr. Charles and later put into production were imaginary?
I really have no idea what is going on between the owners of Skunk2 and these two forum members. I do know thought that skunk2 has done WAY more damage to there company and name by posting a bounty then these two guys ever could have.

That right there makes me weary of buying any new skunk parts and even getting rid of my Skunk2 Pro-C coilovers

Old 02-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Current running H-T thread on the subject.

Looking for legal representation - Honda-Tech

You can basically piece everything together by reading. Looks like this has been a longstanding rivalry.

Apparantly somebody gave up their information.

Stop Snitching.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator
H-T has been deleting post you get a better idea if what is going on from K20A.org

Old 02-03-2012, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, i know nothing about Skunk2 parts at all but if i was a business i would most certainly not make the terrible mistake these guys did by posting a BOUNTY!?! That has to be quite possible the most unprofessional action I've ever seen and to top it, for $300 or credit towards their parts??? lol seriously a terrible business practice these guys are going with....i am very interested to see how this ends though.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
been reading the lulz all day

Old 02-03-2012, 04:32 PM

Old 02-03-2012, 07:46 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b

Chris, a member of NWP got this manifold, upon seeing how much of a POS it was, he contacted Junk2 who told him they all look like that, is this the kind of shit you saw being made?

I am not part of their street team, I don't work for them, I don't have anything to do with them other than get deals for members... of which I dont make a DIME.

With that being said... There's only been one side of the story told so far. Skunk has never hid the fact that some products final construction points are Taiwan. They are all still Designed and R&D'd by them. For all I know, the pictures of the Intake manifold can be a Skunk2 counterfeit. There are TONS of those being sold around (even by some shops). I'm not saying its not dumb that the bounty thing was posted.. but they did what they needed to do to find these persons identities immediately So they can put a stop to what they feel are false claims. I will hold my judgement on who is right and who is wrong after I hear both sides.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b

I can tell you from experience that is a quality control issue. Those are made in large quantities and shipped to a warehouse. Obviously they don't look at them before packaging them. Those are not cracks necessary but the flashing from the casting. One of my customer returns 1 out of 10 because of lack of quality. There should be the refiners to clean them up and then the customer of the refiner made them for inspection.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:11 PM
junk2 cam gear.... eats a full on top to bottom build (using alot of skunk 2 parts i might add) this is an engine i installed in a guys car. 6 months later, boomy. $3500 down the shitter

Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
Quality control is expensive and being in the trucking industry I can tell you things are not good. It depends on where it was made. If it came from overseas then where do they send it back? From my sons experience with them it was good.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator
I am not part of their street team, I don't work for them, I don't have anything to do with them other than get deals for members... of which I dont make a DIME.

With that being said... There's only been one side of the story told so far. Skunk has never hid the fact that some products final construction points are Taiwan. They are all still Designed and R&D'd by them. For all I know, the pictures of the Intake manifold can be a Skunk2 counterfeit. There are TONS of those being sold around (even by some shops). I'm not saying its not dumb that the bounty thing was posted.. but they did what they needed to do to find these persons identities immediately So they can put a stop to what they feel are false claims. I will hold my judgement on who is right and who is wrong after I hear both sides.
Originally Posted by MNfit
I really have no idea what is going on between the owners of Skunk2 and these two forum members. I do know thought that skunk2 has done WAY more damage to there company and name by posting a bounty then these two guys ever could have.
This is my biggest problem with them now, the bounty BS. Who ever is right im going to always think twice about getting S2 parts

Old 02-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
They don't hook you up with free or discounted parts? I wouldn't expect you to get commission for setting up deals for forum members, you're not an employee. But I would assume that they've been hooking you up with parts and you've been promoting them, like a sponsorship or partial sponsorship. Correct me if I'm wrong?

I mean, I wouldn't rock a giant 'Kraftwerks' banner across my windshield - which you do/did - unless I felt obligated to do so due to discounts. If they are indeed hooking you up, then it doesn't matter that you're not part of their street team, you're still affiliated with them.

I want to be clear though, I'm not taking any sides on this. I don't even fully understand what's going on between these people. It's funny how the internet and boards kind of function as one collective mind though, like it's got a brain of its own. It's almost a witch hunt really, with people adamantly taking sides based solely each others' comments.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
That is illegal what they are doing besides getting every one against them. I am late as usual.

My sons experience was years ago and I pick up parts and know how it works.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
This was fucking good reading material this morning. Ha ha.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:57 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctordoom
They don't hook you up with free or discounted parts? I wouldn't expect you to get commission for setting up deals for forum members, you're not an employee. But I would assume that they've been hooking you up with parts and you've been promoting them, like a sponsorship or partial sponsorship. Correct me if I'm wrong?

I only have a skunk2 shift knob on my car which I paid for that I have had for YEARS. So I am not doing it for the parts or discounts on parts.

I mean, I wouldn't rock a giant 'Kraftwerks' banner across my windshield - which you do/did - unless I felt obligated to do so due to discounts. If they are indeed hooking you up, then it doesn't matter that you're not part of their street team, you're still affiliated with them.

The KW banner that USED to be on my car I had in Support of my friends... The Jacksons...I was never obligated or made to put that decal on. Since they are no longer with KW I no longer have the banner. I make it a point to not rock manufacturers stickers on my car and that banner was the only one that was on the car. I can see where I would have been more associated with KW in the past because I was the design car for the kit (which I paid for) but never with Skunk2. And just because they are in the same building doesn't mean its exactly the same... The Jacksons Ran KW completely separate from Skunk

Old 02-04-2012, 07:12 AM
5 Year Member
I think the real confusion lies in your GB's w/ S2

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BOYCOTT JUNK2. (Lots of Shady Activity Within)