1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

thinking about adding car audio is it worth it for the fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 05:08 PM
thinking about adding car audio is it worth it for the fit

Thinking of adding some car audio was wondering if u guys feel its worth it for this type of car.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by mdsniper7
Thinking of adding some car audio was wondering if u guys feel its worth it for this type of car.
what type of car are you referring too? you mean like a b-class car? or hatchback car? or a honda car? or?....also are you concern because of the size of the battery? or...i actually have no idea what your referring to when you say "this type of car."

Old 02-06-2012, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
My experience is that the worse a car is... the more benefit I obtain from a good stereo.

Double DIN head units are getting pretty cheap:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...installed.html

Old 02-06-2012, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
Do you plan to keep the car for an extended period of time?

Do you enjoy music or do you just use it for white noise (to block out road noise)?

Can you appreciate the quality of good speakers, and components of a nice aftermarket audio system?

Do you want bass that you can feel (not necessarily shake the world bass)?

Do you have a problem paying a little more for car insurance to add a rider policy to cover the cost of the equipment and labor?

If you answered yes to all of these and no to the last question, then a stereo is probably worth it to you. Whether you do your own install, or pay someone to do it, your best friend is RESEARCH. I have a HUGE post with my install log that will show you everything I have done to my fit, and I am not done. It can be done by yourself even if you have never done car audio installation before because the Fit is very easy to work with. Granted you are posting this in the 1st gen Fit forums so it will be slightly different than my install but mine should give you a decent idea of difficulty.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Talking

Do you spend lots of time in your car? Then it's worth it.

Heh, my work car probably has equipment in it that retails for more than I paid for the car. Of course I didn't pay anywhere near retail or got the equipment through trades But I enjoy my time in that car immensely, whether the system is off, listening to NPR, or so loud I put in earplugs to preserve my hearing while the bass rips through my chest.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:44 PM
i do spend alot of time in it what i was referring to was the whole its a fit think, like a slow cheap car. Its not like a gti or a wrx something u look at and go yea lets go woot. Its more like oh a fit ok well gas will be cheap. Thats why I wonder if putting a stero in a lower car is worth it, Thats all.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
Who cares? My friends have put $3000 in stereo equipment in rusted out, previously salvaged Pontiac Bonnevilles, it really doesn't matter. It seems you're way too concerned with what other people think of you.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:11 PM
more or less my brother since he is driving a new tc 7.0 series and rubs it in alot
also do we have to use double dins.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
No you don't.

And LOL tC's are Camry's without back doors. Your car has more potential than his.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
i do spend alot of time in it what i was referring to was the whole its a fit think, like a slow cheap car. Its not like a gti or a wrx something u look at and go yea lets go woot. Its more like oh a fit ok well gas will be cheap. Thats why I wonder if putting a stero in a lower car is worth it, Thats all.
In my past cars I've installed stuff such as a Bazooka subwoofer and separate amps. I just remove them before I sell the car because I realize they're money down the drain if I try selling the car with them included. And it's always nice to add them to my next car too.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Ok, I am getting a vibe that you are young... GTi's and WRX's are decent cars, but it depends on your definition of fast. And the worse thing you can do to a car that you want to be fast is add weight to it with a sound system. Not to mention many people would consider GTi's and WRX's as slow, cheap cars! It depends who you ask.

And what is your definition of worth? I think it's what other people think as Mike pointed out. Stop worrying about other people. Keep saving gas and make the car enjoyable to you. I usually have a kickin system in my daily car with tinted windows and a new stock suspension (all for good reason and that's how I roll). And I really enjoy my rides, so much so that some people will actually get jealous. Simply because I enjoy my $1500 ride... and apparently they think I shouldn't.

So if you enjoy music that sounds like it should... just do it!

Old 02-08-2012, 03:38 AM
well im 24 if thats young lol,well its like i want a gti but my fit has 50,000 miles on it and is paid off so its like super realible and no car payment so I am thinking well the smart thing to do is to keep it, and put my own flare to it which would be a sound system, so I guess i will do it than thanx guys, also I love the comment about the tc being a camry I am gonna tell my bro that one lol

Old 02-08-2012, 03:59 AM
I'm a delivery driver so, I spend 40+ hours in my car every week, and having a sound system in my fit is a plus! I'm just rocking a 1000w Polkaudio Amp, 1000w battery cell, and two 10'' Alpine Type R's in a custom cold air box. In my opinion, it all really depends on you.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Thumbs up

so I guess i will do it
That's what I like to hear.

It sounds like you are on the right path. Make the car enjoyable for you, save your money, and be yourself.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:54 AM
I just go a 10" L7 with a 500watt RMS amp. Box is a bit "too big" but small when compared to 2 12" subs. Sounds great. Has rendered my rear view mirror useless if I'm bumpin it. But at the same time I shouldn't have to worry about replacing windows or going deaf lol I love it. People look at me like I'm crazy when they hear bumps coming down the road then realize it's a fit HAHA

Old 04-12-2012, 04:24 AM
theres a guy on my block with a generic toyota corrolla that don't even look that hot with a generic cheap spoiler on the back that makes houses shake, believe me if you enjoy it do it. this car even has a pain in the ass motion alarm that goes off every time you get a foot from the bumper which everyone ignores or just tells him to shut the thing off. them beeps all night get annoying

Last edited by craigquakertown; 04-12-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:31 AM
On another note I don't add anything that makes people want to look at or steal I like the stereo it sounds good to me. i'm an engine mod guy never let em know what you got till you hit the gas thats me though. be confident in what you drive it brings personality to the car