1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

newbie here with electric window issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 02:39 PM
newbie here with electric window issue

Hi ive just joined this forum and I would like some advice..I have a 56 plate honda jazz sport and the drivers window has suddenly failed in the fully opened position (its only minus 2 out there at the moment)
All the other windows work fine. Anyway I know a bit about cars and ive taken the door card off to take a look. When pressing the drivers window button there is a slight clicking noise but thats it..Has anybody have any suggestions? could this be the switch unit or the regulator..my wife is on my back to fix this as its her car Thank you.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Electric window issue

Its possible snow fell on to the switch and screwed it up with water ingress so ive got the switch on the radiator

Old 01-21-2013, 10:20 PM
By a clicking noise, do you mean just the switch itself clicking as you move it (the same as it does if the car is turned off), or is the noise more something in the mechanism trying to work but failing to accomplish anything? If you have the headlights on when you try to use the window, do they dim a little bit as usual, or do they remain at full brightness?

If the lights are dimming and the sound is the mechanism, then the switch is working fine and the wiring seems okay, so the fault must be in the window motor unit or the mechanism connecting it to the glass. Possibly some moisture got in somewhere and has frozen, keeping the window from moving; parking for awhile in a warm garage might help in that case.

If the lights don't dim at all, as I assume they do for the other windows, then power isn't getting to the window motor or the motor/regulator has failed in an open circuit state. The problem could be the switch, the wiring, or the window motor/regulator. The easiest parts to check would be the connections and wiring and switch, assuming you have access to a multimeter or similar tool. Even though that's the easiest to check (and repair/replace), I'd guess that they'd probably be fine and the problem is with the motor/regulator, if only due to Murphy's Law.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:08 AM
There was a Honda fit/jazz recently to fix the driver power windows. I've gotten a letter from distributor f
To fix it for free.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Here's the link