1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What part is this On my Fit? (changing alternator/drive belt)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
What part is this On my Fit? (changing alternator/drive belt)

Seems like my trusty old jazz has got its first real problem
It has got the regular squeeky drive belt sound along with some other sound which goes away after some time when car becomes warmer,however its not really the belt but probably one of the pullys where the belt travels, Its probably not the guide pulley since it looks solid and doesnt vibrates at all when running and its probably not the tensioner pulley since the tension seems to be pretty much spot on...
Anyone has got any idea what is this thing called in this picture? ( it has very very slight voble in it when running when other pulleys dont have it)

It has been squeeking a bit for past few years even when I changed the drive belt but now it has got worse, and also seems like my AC stopped working properly yesterday when the sound became worse... Could it be AC pulley?
Anyone has got any idea which part is that in that diagram?

Old 03-17-2015, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sitefive
Seems like my trusty old jazz has got its first real problem
It has got the regular squeeky drive belt sound along with some other sound which goes away after some time when car becomes warmer,however its not really the belt but probably one of the pullys where the belt travels, Its probably not the guide pulley since it looks solid and doesnt vibrates at all when running and its probably not the tensioner pulley since the tension seems to be pretty much spot on...
Anyone has got any idea what is this thing called in this picture? ( it has very very slight voble in it when running when other pulleys dont have it)

It has been squeeking a bit for past few years even when I changed the drive belt but now it has got worse, and also seems like my AC stopped working properly yesterday when the sound became worse... Could it be AC pulley?
Anyone has got any idea which part is that in that diagram?
Crankshaft pulley. Sounds like you need a new belt. I recommend Dayco W-belt.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
Has the crankshaft pulley ever been removed? Sounds like it wasn't put back on correctly or the bolt was not fully tightened. It should NEVER wobble. Is any oil leaking? If it is the front crank seal is damaged and needs to be replaced. Get a proper mechanic to do the job. If the crank pulley is damaged/bent it will need to be replaced.