1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

JDM GD carpeting. Where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Question JDM GD carpeting. Where to buy?

Hey everyone. Does anyone here have a line on where to get the OEM JDM carpeting for our Fits? I've been wanting to check this off my mod list for a long time, and decided that this was next. I still have to do the recalls, including the wiring harness recall, so if it ends up that the dealership has to replace the wiring harness, and they have the car taken apart, then it would be a good time to replace the failing, sorry excuse for a carpet that Honda gave us.

So does anyone know where this can be sourced here, or do I have to have the music teacher at my kids' school pick one up for me when she visits her family this summer?

And yes, I did try and search for any old threads on the subject but nothing came up.

Thanks!

Old 05-31-2015, 05:44 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HotIron
Hey everyone. Does anyone here have a line on where to get the OEM JDM carpeting for our Fits? I've been wanting to check this off my mod list for a long time, and decided that this was next. I still have to do the recalls, including the wiring harness recall, so if it ends up that the dealership has to replace the wiring harness, and they have the car taken apart, then it would be a good time to replace the failing, sorry excuse for a carpet that Honda gave us.

So does anyone know where this can be sourced here, or do I have to have the music teacher at my kids' school pick one up for me when she visits her family this summer?

And yes, I did try and search for any old threads on the subject but nothing came up.

Thanks!
why do you want JDM carpet? also isn't it going to be backward and not fit your car?

Old 05-31-2015, 03:18 PM
If anything it would just be upside-down. But really, it should work because all the holes should be in the same places for the left front seat and the right front seat and the rear seats should also be in the same place. The hole for the emergency brake and gear shifter should also be the same as they are between the front seats in both vehicles. The clips that hold everything in could probably be in different places though just because Honda is like that. But then again, I don't know what I'm talking about and just pulling random crap out of my butt.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
I want it because it's a real carpet and not a glorified insulation layer like in our GDs, and yea, it may be reversed in the front, but I'd rather try and make it fit even if I have to have my wife teach me how to sew and modify it myself. I'd at least rather start with an authentic carpet than just try and buy the material and make one from scratch.