1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

My first generation Fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 08:15 PM
My first generation Fit

Hey y'all, I am the proud owner of a2008 Storm Silver Fit Sport and I am absolutely in love with it! I am planning on doing some mods in the near future and I was going to see if y'all could point me in the right direction as far as what brands and sources you prefer. I'm new to this forum, just signed up this evening, and any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 07-06-2015, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
Ive got a 2007 Storm Silver Metallic (plus scratches and dents, lol) What are your plans mod wise? I'm a big fan of eBay and Aftermarket Performance Parts, Auto Accessories, Imports and Sport Compact Cars - Sparktec Motorsports and A&J Racing

Old 07-06-2015, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum

Old 07-07-2015, 06:36 AM
Name:  20150606_133539_zpsotdskphv.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  376.4 KB
Name:  20150606_133557_zpswbs1ljfv.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  385.4 KB
I'm looking into updating the whole chassis first so probably some coilovers, camber kit, strut tower braces, sway bars and maybe control arms. I'm also eventually going to do full exhaust, intake manifold, port and polish and I would love to get a wire tuck done as well. I'm no stranger to modified cars, however this is the newest one I've ever had. Have y'all ever seen a wire tucked Fit? If you have I would love to see pics. Thanks y'all, any info y'all can give me on finding the best prices on chassis parts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Old 07-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Hey man, welcome. This is my first post on here in forever. I agree that eBay is a good place to start. I think the Progress rear sway bar is a must have on the list of your first mods. Makes the car much flatter and also more eager to turn in. I have a cross bar in the back of mine. I bought it from another Fit Freak member, but I am pretty sure it is just a C pillar bar and 3 rear strut bars. It does a great job eliminating flex in the hatch under hard cornering. Plus it looks cool. Plenty of options for coilovers out there.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the info! I think I'm going to go with D Sport coilovers, they're relatively inexpensive but they get good reviews. But first things first, my dome light went out yesterday and I can't find the correct fuse, there's one that's marked "small light" in the interior fuse box but that fuse is fine. Any ideas? Lol, I appreciate it y'all and I'll keep you updated as this project unfolds. Also does anyone know of any Honda shows in or around North Carolina? I've been looking but I'm not finding much. Thanks again y'all!

Old 07-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Are you sure the light isn't just burned out? Mine has 85k miles on it and my dome light went out a few months back, have been too lazy to replace it yet.

You may want to check into the Import Alliance series, they have several huge shows per year in our area (I'm in Knoxville TN).

Old 07-08-2015, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
Rear Sway Bar: Progress seems to be most popular, try SparkTecMotorsports.com
Front Strut bar: DC sports carbon steel, solid, has 3 mounting bolts on each of the 2 points. There is some controversy as to whether the Fit needs one with the strut mounts so close to the firewall.

Other bars: ultra racing on EBay, great prices, solid steel, free shipping.

Header: Weapon R race 4-2-1 gives best gains but it's been back ordered forever thanks to the port/trucker strikes. . Weapon R street and DC sports are good also, most people seem to dislike the Megan racing header compared to others.

Cat back: only ones I've found that are not discontinued are DC sports, Invidia.
Megan Racing and Spoon have pieces sold individually (axle back, mid pipe)
Plenty of only axle back exhausts: Tanabe, Greddy, HKS etc

Intake: Cai- Takada, AEM, Injen, DC sports all similar
Short Ram/Chamber: I recommend PRM jet stream or Password JDM, plenty of choices

Throttle body: any 2006-2011 civic (r18) offers a nice upgrade. inlets are same ~ 58 mm, outlet is 2 mm bigger on R18 TB plus it has a large butterfly. Most think it's overkill but you can get them on eBay for cheap. Coolant pipes on them point in a different direction but you can bypass or just use longer hoses to reach.

Pullies: unorthodox racing makes the lightest, but ralco rz is a good price.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Awesome info dev! Thanks! I was kind of leaning toward spoon sports for a lot of it as they are a well established name in the business. The only intake manifold I've been able to find is the weapon r system, does anyone have this or know someone who does? I'd like to see how well it fits and what kind of gains there are before I go buying it. As far as my dome light goes, the bulbs seem ok so I don't think it's those.(the cargo light doesn't work either) as far as I can tell there's no dedicated "dome light" fuse, but I've checked all the ones that would make sense and I still can't figure it out It kind of sucks because a lot of the time I get home well after dark and the light in my parking lot only works when you don't need it haha. One more question before I start compiling my wish list, what offset is optimal for a dropped fit? I would like to tuck without having to run a lot of camber or roll the fenders, from what I could tell I could use somewhere around 40+ offset, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again for the great info y'all!

Old 07-09-2015, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
From what I've read about the weapon r, there doesn't seem to be a lot of people who notice gains with it naturally aspirated. There are no dyno graphs of it before/after also.

Unfortunately not a lot of GD owners have dynoed their fit possibly because it was only made for 07-08 here. Along with that you may notice a lot of products are being discontinued. Having said that, this generation fit still seems to have the most aftermarket support and is the lightest of the 3 generations. I love it's styling the most and it reminds me of a 4 door version of the EK hatch more or less.

My goals are to make the car as light as possible and take it to the 1/4 mile. I have no interest in auto X. I won't be able to make it this season but I know of a couple dynos close by that I will check out when I get my header and full exhaust.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Adding a header, exhaust, intake, etc is going to be mostly noise. If you want those mods to actually be useful invest in hondata and get yourself a tune.

Old 07-11-2015, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
Definitely a Hondata if you're going the bolt-on route.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:46 PM
+2 I agree if you are going to all that work; defiantly invest in some kinda ECU upgrade.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
+3! Get Hondata or wait and see if the KTuner people are going to give us GD folks something.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:51 AM
Thanks y'all! You guys have been very helpful and I greatly appreciate it. I would like some more info on offset though because I'm not quite sure how to measure offset and spacing. I have ordered the coilovers and sway bars but I'm going to get a bunch of other stuff before I drop it off at the shop, I'll update y'all with pics when I get it all installed, thanks again y'all!

Old 07-21-2015, 08:12 AM
5 Year Member
Np! You should start a build thread.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
What coilovers did you get? And how low are you planning to go?

I bought coilovers for my GD and lowered it with stock steelies on and decided from there. Offsets, wheel diameter/width, tire size will all come into play just depending on how you want your set-up to be.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:54 PM
My first generation Fit

Originally Posted by more Fit than me
Hey y'all, I am the proud owner of a2008 Storm Silver Fit Sport and I am absolutely in love with it! I am planning on doing some mods in the near future and I was going to see if y'all could point me in the right direction as far as what brands and sources you prefer. I'm new to this forum, just signed up this evening, and any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Originally Posted by devmail
Ive got a 2007 Storm Silver Metallic (plus scratches and dents, lol) What are your plans mod wise? I'm a big fan of eBay and Aftermarket Performance Parts, Auto Accessories, Imports and Sport Compact Cars - Sparktec Motorsports and A&J Racing
Been reading the thread and I drive a 08 fit dark purple with 103k. My brother in law and i changed the dome light and back trunk light to LEDs'. 9 dollar change..I do plan on making mods when the bank account let's me

Old 07-30-2015, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by more Fit than me

I'm looking into updating the whole chassis first so probably some coilovers, camber kit, strut tower braces, sway bars and maybe control arms. I'm also eventually going to do full exhaust, intake manifold, port and polish and I would love to get a wire tuck done as well. I'm no stranger to modified cars, however this is the newest one I've ever had. Have y'all ever seen a wire tucked Fit? If you have I would love to see pics. Thanks y'all, any info y'all can give me on finding the best prices on chassis parts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!
I was hoping u were in NC. I'm in Wilmington. We should meet up since im 8mi from you. Call/text 910-279-4333 anytime.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by devmail
Rear Sway Bar: Progress seems to be most popular, try SparkTecMotorsports.com
Front Strut bar: DC sports carbon steel, solid, has 3 mounting bolts on each of the 2 points. There is some controversy as to whether the Fit needs one with the strut mounts so close to the firewall.

Other bars: ultra racing on EBay, great prices, solid steel, free shipping.

Header: Weapon R race 4-2-1 gives best gains but it's been back ordered forever thanks to the port/trucker strikes. . Weapon R street and DC sports are good also, most people seem to dislike the Megan racing header compared to others.

Cat back: only ones I've found that are not discontinued are DC sports, Invidia.
Megan Racing and Spoon have pieces sold individually (axle back, mid pipe)
Plenty of only axle back exhausts: Tanabe, Greddy, HKS etc

Intake: Cai- Takada, AEM, Injen, DC sports all similar
Short Ram/Chamber: I recommend PRM jet stream or Password JDM, plenty of choices

Throttle body: any 2006-2011 civic (r18) offers a nice upgrade. inlets are same ~ 58 mm, outlet is 2 mm bigger on R18 TB plus it has a large butterfly. Most think it's overkill but you can get them on eBay for cheap. Coolant pipes on them point in a different direction but you can bypass or just use longer hoses to reach.

Pullies: unorthodox racing makes the lightest, but ralco rz is a good price.

There is some good stuff on Bean Garage too. Why not whale penis intake?