1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Idler Pulley Hardware 2008 Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 07:42 PM
Idler Pulley Hardware 2008 Fit Sport

Long story short, I replaced the idler pulley and the drive belt. Had everything looking good, and I went for a test drive. A mile down the road, the pulley bailed out. I couldn't find it anywhere in the field next to the road, and the mounting hardware went with it.

Getting a new pulley isn't a big deal, about $25. The problem I have is that no one seems to sell the hardware (bolt, front plate, collar, washer). No idler pulley brands include the hardware that I can see. Has anyone ever had this problem? I can't even find part numbers.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Ailur
Long story short, I replaced the idler pulley and the drive belt. Had everything looking good, and I went for a test drive. A mile down the road, the pulley bailed out. I couldn't find it anywhere in the field next to the road, and the mounting hardware went with it.

Getting a new pulley isn't a big deal, about $25. The problem I have is that no one seems to sell the hardware (bolt, front plate, collar, washer). No idler pulley brands include the hardware that I can see. Has anyone ever had this problem? I can't even find part numbers.
Found them. Apparently Honda thinks an idler pulley is an air conditioning component instead of an engine component. I disagree.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
How did it bail out? sounds like you forgot to put the collar on.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
We rejected buying one aftermarket idler puller after seeing that it was dimensionally imperfect (<--- that's another word for cr*p)

It was a 'name brand' too.

There was no collar...it was designed to just bolt on (and bind)

So, let the buyer beware. Often, factory parts are better ... if you can afford it.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
spell check is worthless

Originally Posted by Carbuff2
We rejected buying one aftermarket idler puller after seeing that it was dimensionally imperfect (<--- that's another word for cr*p)

It was a 'name brand' too.

There was no collar...it was designed to just bolt on (and bind)

So, let the buyer beware. Often, factory parts are better ... if you can afford it.
OK- "Idler puller"? I never heard of that part. Sounds more like a tool. I think you mean idler pulley. But I am happy to learn Honda considers the serpentine belt idler pulley to be part of the A/C system. Until now have been unable to find any info in the factory shop manual. I was looking in the section about the alternator and belt replacement. Found nothing. Nice job Honda!

Old 10-27-2016, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member
Yes Idler PULLEY. Darn autocorrect!