1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Chris's build: The little Fit that can!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Great car bro! I love lots about this car, especially the hood!

Old 02-02-2017, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Love this car! BTW, T1R makes an ebrake cover similar to this one but it have leather that covers the handle part too. Unfortunately they might be discontinued.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks buddy.. $400 on ebay ;-)

Old 02-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by cnordt24
Thanks buddy.. $400 on ebay ;-)

How did you convince your wife to let you buy all these parts for the FIT?

Old 02-02-2017, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
They are 15x7, so I have them wrapped in 195/55R15 Kumho tires. Great grip and response, I also like the Hankook Ventus V2 concept 2 tires but the Kumhos were rated a little better and had a $75 rebate lol.

Have run both those tires previously on my 99 Hatch (RIP...F-ing Thieves) and typically chose based on $$$ as they both were good haha.

Gonna lower my GE8 a tad more and see if my 15x8 +35 gram lights will tuck a little...they poke a little. If lowering doesnt help then these dial-ins are my solution!

Great looking GD man.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Roy95supra
How did you convince your wife to let you buy all these parts for the FIT?
Never tell them the real price if you can help it lol

Old 02-02-2017, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Have run both those tires previously on my 99 Hatch (RIP...F-ing Thieves) and typically chose based on $$$ as they both were good haha.

Gonna lower my GE8 a tad more and see if my 15x8 +35 gram lights will tuck a little...they poke a little. If lowering doesnt help then these dial-ins are my solution!

Great looking GD man.
Thanks man, I tried to find that fine line of buying a quality tire and not spend a bunch of $$$. I've been really happy with both sets.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:18 PM
very nice set up i like!!

Old 02-15-2017, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mangosmoody
very nice set up i like!!
Thank you! More still to come lol

Old 02-15-2017, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
So I'm still mapping out the additional upgrades I'm doing this spring. This past week I upgraded the main ground cable, amp power wire, and battery terminals, plus I installed the Buddy Club grounding kit. It does seem to help, I feel my car runs cleaner now and my engine doesn't rev at idle with the wipers on lol. Plus, my head lights no longer flicker with my system turned up, so the upgrade was definitely worth it in my eyes. Next up will be running new wire from the amp to my internal speakers, installing my new door sills, and at some point finishing the flat black wrap and replacing the OEM sport side skirts. I'm also thinking about pulling the trigger on a JDM lip, but one thing at a time ;-)

Old 09-14-2017, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Well it's been a while and there have been a few additional changes..

Exhaust) Went back to the DC Sport header and went with a T1R test pipe and mid-pipe instead of the Megan. I do feel a difference in the power with the smaller T1R pipes, and it doesn't bang in to stuff accelerating like the Weapon R header/cat-delete did. I also got tired of the blue chamber intake so I sprayed it black, matches my car much better now. Also added a Hoonigan oil cap, just cause it's not the typical Mugen, Spoon, or Skunk 2 lol.

Suspension) Kept the Tokico shocks, but the Eibach springs were getting a little bouncy so I put in a set of H&R springs. They are phenomenal! Not too bouncy, not too stiff, and a nice smooth ride. I also changed out the DME rear strut bar for the Tanabe bar, the DME bar was nice, but it didn't actually stiffen the rear struts, just the body. The Tanabe bar connects directly connects with the struts and you can feel the difference. I also added a C-Pillar bar which has made a nice difference in handling as well. I was able to locate a legit Mugen front strut bar as well, I'll see if it makes any improvements over the DC bar. I also added a JDM KMR front brace which has made a nice handling improvement as well. Is it a bad thing I'm comfortable taking an exit off the highway doing 60mph? lol

Body) I finally got around to putting on the after-market side skirts and I decided to add an aftermarket front bumper cover as well, it's really changed the look of the car. I completed the vinyl wrap as well, no more storm silver.. Just matte black, carbon fiber, and a dragon.. I've got some new fenders coming in as well, I'll post some pics once I have them wrapped and installed. I also added some Cree LED fogs behind the grill of the bumper cover and moved the Hella horns up so they can be seen behind the OEM grill/"H" badge. I also had a "rice" moment and added halo LEDs to my hella horns, it's nothing dramatic but i'll stand out more at those night meets. I had a Beasonic under body panel shipped to me, but while trying to install it I realized I was sent the wrong one so the replacement should be delivered soon. I also added a J's Racing shark fin antenna, J's racing rear support bar, and rear under body diffuser with tow hook.

Interior) The interior is getting a complete overhaul, new seats, head liner fabric, door panel fabric, and shift boot. Once I get everything installed I'll post some pics.. I want it to be a surprise ;-)

Old 10-22-2017, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
These last pics are bad ass! Great car Chris!!

Old 10-31-2017, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
I had the drone issue with the DC cat-back exhaust, with out the silencer in it got absolutely brutal on the highway. Even with the Megan cat delete w/resonator it just got to be too much. With the Apexi SV axle back I am barely louder then stock, but I have a feeling installing the Weapon R race headers and losing the resonator in the cat delete may change things lol. Also,do you really notice that much of a difference with the exhaust valve performance wise?
I apologize about getting back with you about the Apexi exhaust valve.. It feels like the exhaust velocity increases in addition to increasing low end torque when driving in stop and go traffic with it partially opened. I haven't driven it in a while due to getting too old to work on it... That is why I haven't been on Fit Freak for a long time.

Old 05-15-2018, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
So to say there have been a few upgrades is an understatement! I'll start with the big one:

motor:
Greddy turbo kit w/ intercooler & BOV.. Picked up the kit used, they were nice enough to add a BOV which the original kit did not come with but the stock intercooler looked like it took a few curb hits. I replaced the Greddy intercooler with a Mishimoto unit and the turbo hasn't missed a beat! The motor is also on stiffer Innovative mounts, which has helped my launch but added a bit of cabin noise.. wife has threatened me with divorce after 1 ride lol

Exhaust:
The T1R header obviously had to go with the turbo install, and I also went with a RS-R test pipe (build in resonator for noise), T1R mid-pipe, and Mugen dual canister axle back. Sounds awesome with out any highway drone and noticeable power improvement over my previous setup.

Body:
Added fiber glass fenders w/vents, a Beat Rush under body panel, Modulo side skirts, and Devsport side skirt splitters. Oh, and I've taken off most of the flat black vinyl and went with yellow wrap for more of a JDM look. I also added a carbon fiber air duct to the bumper to get as much cold air in to the motor as possible, and a T1R hood damper cause I hated that damn stick that held the hood open.

Interior:
I dropped in a set of Recaro seats out of an 01 Accord Euro-R, and lined the ceiling, door panels, and trunk floor with Recaro gradient fabric. I used that same fabric for the shift boot and added a T1R leather e-brake cover.
I've also added gauges to keep an eye on things..
AEM tru-boost gauge
Glow Shift gauges (A/F, oil temp, oil pressure, water temp)
Glow Shift STI gauge pod

Suspension/Shoes:
I'm now using Buddy Club F91 Kuroki rims on Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S tires
Wasp Racing 40 way coil overs
Full Wilwood kit (calipers, rotors, and pads)
Mugen front tower bar (JDM)
J's Racing rear tower bar
J’s Racing rear monocoque bar (JDM)
Ultra Racing fender bars
Progress front sway bar
Blox front sway bar
Whiteline end links

Audio:
Kenwood Excelon DNX995S
Focal K2 Power 165 KR2 components (front doors)
Focal PS 130 F (rear doors)
Focal K2 Power 165 KR (rear hatch)
Rockford T2T-S tweeters (rear pillars)
JL Audio CS110LG-TW1-2 10” sub
JL Audio 10TW1-2 10" sub
JL Audio XD400/4v2 4 channel – powering Alpine speakers
JL Audio XD300/1v2 2 channel amp – powering JL sub
JL Audio MX280/4 4 channel amp

It is clean and loud!

I have also gone with retrofit headlights, I went with:
Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0
Panamera Shrouds
Denso Slim Balasts
Osram 66240 (4150K)
LED DRL swichback strips
PRISM RGB HALOS

A whole lot brighter and prettier then the OEM setup with LEDs

Needless to say I made more then a few updates and I love how the car looks now, just wish my bank account didn't hurt so much haha. Taking 1st at H-Day helped, not sure what will be next, but stay tuned ;-)

Old 07-20-2018, 03:46 PM
Where did you ground your sub?

Old 07-20-2018, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
I ran the ground wire to one of the bolts that fastens the rear seat to the frame.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
I agree that the Honda Fit is not a powerful vehicle. Not fast.
But I'm not a big modifier or even honestly a mechanic, so I'm pretty much stuck with stock.

That being said?
What I have found is that I can pass the majority of vehicles in the world around me. NOT because the Honda Fit is powerful or fast, but because the majority of people, regardless of what they are driving, drive like they are sitting in golf carts.

The times I am simply out powered? Are pretty rare. Just because most people spend huge amounts of money, for faster, more powerful vehicles, then drive them like they are heading towards Bingo night at the Old Folks Home.

Sadly maybe..I also admit the older I get, the more I drive like I'm heading towards Bingo Night at the old folks home. So there is that too.....

But good job on the work done.