Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Fit threw a CEL, need info on DTC code U0155

Old 10-18-2007, 03:45 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Fit threw a CEL, need info on DTC code U0155

Late last night by fit threw a CEL, after starting the car. Coincidently I just got my Scan Gauge 2 today and was able to pull this code off the computer.

Could someone with the shop manual take a peek and tell me what code U0155 means? I've searched online but haven't found any dedicated FIT DTC lists.

Thanks

Old 10-18-2007, 12:47 PM
DTC U0155: F-CAN Malfunction (ECM/PCM-Gauge Control Module) ('07-08 models)

got any weird wiring/accessories/weak battery?

Old 10-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Yep, installed some custom interior lighting on the weekend and last night hooked up my scangauge 2 for the first time.

I was parked with the engine off and running my custom interior lights for about 10 minutes, then I started the car and the cel came up.

I reset it this morning by disconnecting the battery, and drove to work no problems. I have a feeling it has something to do with my interior lighting or the scangauge. I also have the jdm footwell lights, an alarm installed and a sub/amp installed so the wiring is all over the place, I need to clean it up. voltage stabilizer installed as well.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:40 PM
So I've removed the custom lights and don't have the scanguage plugged in anymore, the CEL has not come back... good news.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
I just installed some a HID kit and got this code too. What should I check for?

Old 03-14-2008, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smatts
So I've removed the custom lights and don't have the scanguage plugged in anymore, the CEL has not come back... good news.
Why don't you have the ScanGauge plugged in? I doubt it threw the CEL code.

If you don't like the SG - I'll buy it from you.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I just cleared the CEL w/ the scangauge. Dont know if that fixed it or not..

Old 03-14-2008, 08:27 PM
If i plug in my scanguage while the car is off then start the car this cel comes on. and the scanguage cant even clear it lol i have to disconnect the battery to clear it.

If i plug in my scanguage while the car is on, then this cel never happens.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
good info for me , on down the road, as I plan on getting a SGII as funds permit. , thanks man

Old 03-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Mud_Bone
good info for me , on down the road, as I plan on getting a SGII as funds permit. , thanks man
In no way am I saying this will happen for everyone but this is how it goes down for me all the time lol. I guess that's why in the scan guage manual it says start the car first. But who reads those anyways!

Old 03-15-2008, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
I guess that's why in the scan guage manual it says start the car first. But who reads those anyways!
I think that to be a rather safe assumption at this point

Old 03-21-2008, 06:41 AM
5 Year Member
If i plug in my scanguage while the car is off then start the car this cel comes on. and the scanguage cant even clear it lol i have to disconnect the battery to clear it.

If i plug in my scanguage while the car is on, then this cel never happens.
I had the same problem yesterday... I failed to remember to have the engine running when connecting the SC2 and the CEL was activated and I was unable to clear the same error code you had, with the SC2. I did this while trying to find an ideal position for the SC2 and had rerouted the cable, with the engine off. Thanks for the tip about disconnecting the battery to clear the CEL in this situation.
-Rod

Old 02-12-2010, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Even though i know this is an old thread, I just wanted to keep this stuff in one thread; I've been getting this U0155 Code, and to clear it with the SG2 you need the car on, but the engine is not running. If the car is running I notice that when you try and clear the code, the SG2 goes blank and the code is still there.

I have HIDs, they don't seem to be the problem, because the only other wiring done in my car is the modified independent fog light mod; I notice that when I mess with the fuse holder associated with that mod my cluster/gauges shuts off and when it comes back on I have the code, soo for me this "DTC U0155: F-CAN Malfunction (ECM/PCM-Gauge Control Module) ('07-08 models)" I'm assuming is my cluster shutting down on me causing a "Malfunction" for the "Gauge control module."

I believe the fuse holder is loose, so to remedy the problem I just added some solder to the contact points on the holder, only time will tell if it works.

Alright that just about sums up my problems and attempts to fix the u0155 code

Old 10-31-2010, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
Hey TunaDaMan, how is your U0155 problem now? I've been having the same problem for years.

Ever since I've had my car, my engine light & coolant lights would go on, and my speedometer would stop working. This would happen every so often for a couple of hours in bad / cold weather, or during the morning time. After my car has been running for a bit, every symbol in my gauge cluster would go back to normal.

I've had 2 shops check it out, both reporting the F-CAN malfunction. They said to bring it back to the dealer, but I'm far past my warranty (i'm at 53,000 miles). I know it's merely an electrical problem, and my car is running fine, but I'm worried how I'll know when something is wrong if my engine light doesn't work properly.

Anyone have the same problem?