2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Steps to a successful DIY turbo build:

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 09:54 AM
I know m bumping an old thread but i just completed my turbo project and used FIC-6 for tune.i have few tips to share so others might benefit.BTW i have a Fit hybriod RS 2012,it more like a GE8 fit.has both MAf and MAp sensors and Hall type crank and cam sensors.which are 2 in total,1 for each.so you will not need wire those extra FIC cam2 and crank sensor 2 wires.
Onother imp thing i cant emphasize more is "first you need to have your stock runs on FIC to see how much max MAf and MAp voltage you get"
once you record that by logging your stock runs you are good to install turbo/sc etc
and i did not use the resistor for o2 sensor which AEM advises in its manual,the car runs fine
Another thing which troubled me was that MAF sensor In and Out are reverse,i.e,MAF in is on MAF side and OUT is on ECU side.all other wires have IN on ecu side and out on sensor side. But dont worry if you connected them wrong you will get a CEL like VSA etc,if that happens reverse the MAF wires.
Other than that another tip is that Wiring harness which comes with FIC has more than enough lenght so than it hac reach below dash inside the cabin,so is the vaccum line which comes with FIC.So GE guys dont worry which have their ecu in hood and want to place FIC inside the cabin.but be prepared to drill a hole into firewall which is may be 1.5 inch thick metal.
The whole wiring just took 1.5 hr for my electrician.because most wires in FIC are not even used like extra injector wires,4 MAG sensor wires,vtec wires etc etc.
may be maximum 12 wires need wiring,that all.so its easy.
i used RDX 410 cc injectors,which are a direct fit,no alterations to fuel rail.i ordered them with their wiring clamps becasue our oem honda injector clamps wont fit on them.so you will have to tap wires of the clamps which come with your new injectors into factory injector wiring harness.which are just 2 wires for each injector.

Last edited by Fit Hybrid RS 2012; 10-06-2015 at 10:27 AM.