2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Sprintex Supercharger Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
Congratulation. The supercharger makes the car more enjoyable. Gutting the air inlet restrictor will give you a bit more boost but will need a retune. How loud is the Yonaka catback with the Weapon R header? Is it bearable?

Cool wife. I wish my wife would let me drop a v8 in her NC-2 Miata.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:39 AM
It is extremely loud haha. But we like it.

Old 02-25-2017, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Steven Hung
Congratulation. The supercharger makes the car more enjoyable. Gutting the air inlet restrictor will give you a bit more boost but will need a retune. How loud is the Yonaka catback with the Weapon R header? Is it bearable?

Cool wife. I wish my wife would let me drop a v8 in her NC-2 Miata.
K series is the way to go in a miata. Especially now with kraftwerks superchargers supporting 500whp. Btw love miatas. If i didn't have an s2000 id have a miata for sure.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:02 PM
Just bought ktuner and am looking for a base map if anyone here is willing to share theirs. I will have to resize the injectors (280cc). Thanks in advance !

Old 04-15-2017, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Sprintex Supercharger

Sold - thanks for the interest. Hi everyone. In case you are interested, I am selling my supercharger. Will sell with everything that comes with charger, plus rdx injectors, Denso 265 fuel pump, ktuner unit and of course you can have the tune. PM if interested. Thanks

Last edited by Relyt77; 08-16-2017 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Sold.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
My Exhaust System finally complete today,
and the final addition of the 200cpsi high flow HJS Cat and Noblessse pipe really make a night and day difference in how my car perform now,
because this finally eliminate the last bottle neck in my 2.25in exhaust system.

Link below is my review:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1377241

Old 08-27-2017, 11:12 PM
Hi everyone. Really close to taking the dive and going sprintex. Besides the sprinted kit, I have gathered that I would also need the following parts and porting done.

-Sprintex kit
-410cc injectors
-ported intake manifold with matched gasket.

New to this forum. The fit is fun but lacks power IMO.

Know I would need it tuned.

Looking for improved low end 2k to 4k rpm power in lower gears.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:20 AM
5 Year Member
Hey All,

I was wondering to all those who are running KTuner if you guys are willing to share a datalog of their driving?

Specifically those who have 410cc injectors.

Im trying to smooth out my tune, so i just want to see whats the differences.

Cheers.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:05 PM
Hello everyone,

Has anyone in the thread successfully installed water/meth injection on their sprintex setup? I am having a really hard time deciding on where to place the nozzle.

As all of you know, there is a convenient port where the fifth injector used to be. The main struggle with putting it there is that its after the IAT. I have a speed density tune so I don't think it will be an issue putting it before the MAF/IAT sensor because the MAF is disabled and not used anymore.

Looking for advantages and disadvantages of placing the nozzle after the TB and IAT.

Thanks everyone.

Jonnyss

Old 02-04-2018, 09:35 PM
5th injector plug

Designed and printed a plug from NylonX for that 5th injector hole. Turned out great.

Attached Thumbnails Sprintex Supercharger Install-3122bc33-0c0f-4154-b932-a9da8da966eb.jpeg  
Old 02-07-2018, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
I can't find this supercharger in stock anywhere!!!! am i too late?

Old 02-07-2018, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vash
I can't find this supercharger in stock anywhere!!!! am i too late?
Mine will be posted for sale in the next couple days.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jonnyss
Designed and printed a plug from NylonX for that 5th injector hole. Turned out great.
Could you share that? I also have a 3d printer, though I'll be using PLA (hope it canhold up). If and when I actually install the part is a different story, since it swapping out the fuel line.

On a side note, I sent my sprintex unit in for a rebuild a few weeks ago and finally got the estimate on it... $1k (labor kills).

Old 02-15-2018, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Could you share that? I also have a 3d printer, though I'll be using PLA (hope it canhold up). If and when I actually install the part is a different story, since it swapping out the fuel line.

On a side note, I sent my sprintex unit in for a rebuild a few weeks ago and finally got the estimate on it... $1k (labor kills).
Where'd you send it in for a rebuild? Any particular reason as to why?

Old 02-16-2018, 01:31 PM

Happy to share. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2796501

I would recommend picking up some PETG filament instead of using PLA. Its about the best thing you can get at a reasonable price that has high chemical and heat resistance.

Also interested in why you needed to rebuild.

Last edited by jonnyss; 02-16-2018 at 01:34 PM. Reason: additional information added
Old 02-16-2018, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member

Did your sc seals also take a shit ? lol who did you send it to ? I just had mine rebuilt and modified by Jonbondperformance and they did an amazing job.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DanDRuiz
Where'd you send it in for a rebuild? Any particular reason as to why?
Originally Posted by jonnyss
Happy to share. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2796501

I would recommend picking up some PETG filament instead of using PLA. Its about the best thing you can get at a reasonable price that has high chemical and heat resistance.

Also interested in why you needed to rebuild.
Originally Posted by Noxm09
Did your sc seals also take a shit ? lol who did you send it to ? I just had mine rebuilt and modified by Jonbondperformance and they did an amazing job.
Yup, it was seals. It leaks around the drive snout, which gets oil onto the belt... and since that belt is always moving... the whole area to the left of the SC is covered in oil.

Also sent to JBP... but as of today, it’s been three weeks in their shop and still not done.

Took two weeks just to get the inspection done.

Hopefully, they’ll be done by the end of the week so I can install it sometime next week and get my Fit back on the road.

@jonnyss, thanks for the link, I’ll see if I can pick up some of that petg, and hope it works in my printer.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Same issue I had I kept blowing oil out of the pulley seal. It took me 3 months to get my rebuild back. They installed a relief valve to avoid blowing the seals, installed a seal on my by pass, and replaced all seals and so far its amazing.

Yup, it was seals. It leaks around the drive snout, which gets oil onto the belt... and since that belt is always moving... the whole area to the left of the SC is covered in oil.

Also sent to JBP... but as of today, it’s been three weeks in their shop and still not done.

Took two weeks just to get the inspection done.

Hopefully, they’ll be done by the end of the week so I can install it sometime next week and get my Fit back on the road.

@jonnyss, thanks for the link, I’ll see if I can pick up some of that petg, and hope it works in my printer.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Noxm09
Same issue I had I kept blowing oil out of the pulley seal. It took me 3 months to get my rebuild back. They installed a relief valve to avoid blowing the seals, installed a seal on my by pass, and replaced all seals and so far its amazing.
So all of you guys that had JBP rebuild the supercharger, how much did all of the work you had performed cost? It looks like there’s varying levels of work done, too - just curious.

Old 02-21-2018, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DanDRuiz

So all of you guys that had JBP rebuild the supercharger, how much did all of the work you had performed cost? It looks like there’s varying levels of work done, too - just curious.

It was the following:
$320 SC Rebuild Parts
$425 Labor SC Rebuild
$65 for the bypass upgrade
$120 for the pressure valve upgrade.
$86 for the snout upgrade.
+ Shipping and Oil it totaled close to $1.1k

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Install