2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Sprintex supercharger reliability

Old 10-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Sprintex supercharger reliability

Hi guys.
I'm planning to order a sprintex SC to my 2gen Fit.
I'm from Argentina and here there's nobody tuning Honda fits. People usually tune civic SI or VAG cars.
So there's isn't much information about round here.
My questions are:
1)What about the reliability of the engine with the sc kit? How many miles you did with this installed? Any problems?
2)Isn't necessary to add forged Pistons or rods? The originals seem pretty thin and weak, how many hp or torque can they handle?
3) is it 100% daily driver and ok for road trips?

Thank you very much, and I'll be posting the the build up here.
I'll wait for your replies

Old 10-10-2015, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
A) you need a tuner... If you haven't done enough to your car to familiarize yourself with a tuner (because you will be insanely out of your compfort zone), then no.
B) reliability is all based on the quality of your equipment, the tuning, and your due diligence. I've seen friends get 200k out of highly boosted dd's... They had it done right from the start and they are competent people that know how to look for warning signs... oh and they are responsible people. It all plays a factor. I've also known many people who have gotten under a thousand miles before blowing a 5 figure builds.
C) forged is always nice, very expensive... Don't do dumb stuff to your car and you are probably fine.
D) if you want to take a car far beyond stock or where many of the community have taken it, well then, simply put; IT IS A HORRIBLE IDEA FOR YOUR DD! Huge thumbs up if this in an ancillary car that is purely for fun.

E) whatever you think this will cost you, triple it. If you do not have that on hand as disposable income, just don't do it.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by bensenvill
A) you need a tuner... If you haven't done enough to your car to familiarize yourself with a tuner (because you will be insanely out of your compfort zone), then no.
B) reliability is all based on the quality of your equipment, the tuning, and your due diligence. I've seen friends get 200k out of highly boosted dd's... They had it done right from the start and they are competent people that know how to look for warning signs... oh and they are responsible people. It all plays a factor. I've also known many people who have gotten under a thousand miles before blowing a 5 figure builds.
C) forged is always nice, very expensive... Don't do dumb stuff to your car and you are probably fine.
D) if you want to take a car far beyond stock or where many of the community have taken it, well then, simply put; IT IS A HORRIBLE IDEA FOR YOUR DD! Huge thumbs up if this in an ancillary car that is purely for fun.

E) whatever you think this will cost you, triple it. If you do not have that on hand as disposable income, just don't do it.
Hi Ben, thanks for your answer.
I thought the sprintex came with a plug & race piggyback, that's not true? Isn't as easy as they show in their web to install the kit? It seem really easy..
I'd really love to swap to a K20 but here it's so expensive..

Old 10-14-2015, 11:10 AM
Anybody else can give me some of your experience?

Old 10-14-2015, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
If you really want to know how our experiences with the Sprintex kit went read this entire thread:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...r-install.html

In summery, Its fairly easy to install and safe for the car, but their tuning solution has some issues.