2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

I bought a mellow magnaflow muffler. Now which B-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 05:02 AM
Question I bought a mellow magnaflow muffler. Now which B-pipe?

I ordered this...

Magnaflow 14832 high flow muffler

Now which b-pipe to keep it mellow after i get Weapon-R down pipe? Anyone with a similar set-up to share sounds at WOT? If i'm 1st, i'll be sure to share when all gets installed.

Attached Thumbnails I bought a mellow magnaflow muffler.  Now which B-pipe?-80-s_l1600_c5ac268331d6a23e32fe17504f49e46ee38e45c4.jpg  
Old 01-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Anyone or just do custom?

Old 01-07-2016, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
I currently have a WR "header", stock b-pipe, and Megan OE-RS with the baffle installed. I got the Megan because the HKS was too loud. If is still a bit loud for my taste, but tolerable. I would like to add a second muffler or resonator. So my recommendation would be to do a custom b-pipe with two resonators or resonator and 2nd muffler.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbs
I currently have a WR "header", stock b-pipe, and Megan OE-RS with the baffle installed. I got the Megan because the HKS was too loud. If is still a bit loud for my taste, but tolerable. I would like to add a second muffler or resonator. So my recommendation would be to do a custom b-pipe with two resonators or resonator and 2nd muffler.
So your not making max power. You should think of the engine exhaust like a body. The intake allows more air (food) into the engine but if you are not doing anything with the bagpipe (small intestine but make the exhaust (large intestine) bigger still corks the exhaust. You only free the exhaust system by opening the whole exhaust (track per se) system. So I'm still looking for a b-pipe. But how do u like the WR header for sound/power? Thank you. I wasn't attacking you btw.

Old 01-15-2016, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
So your not making max power. You should think of the engine exhaust like a body. The intake allows more air (food) into the engine but if you are not doing anything with the bagpipe (small intestine but make the exhaust (large intestine) bigger still corks the exhaust. You only free the exhaust system by opening the whole exhaust (track per se) system. So I'm still looking for a b-pipe. But how do u like the WR header for sound/power? Thank you. I wasn't attacking you btw.
In your terminology: I feed my car a high fiber forced induction meal, so my farts may vary in sound quality!

The WR "header" was not fun to put on! Very difficult to reach every single bolt. Removing both cats makes this car much louder and not in a good way.
I believe there is some added power, mostly I noticed it revs faster.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jibberjabbs
Do you have an exhaust clip?

Old 01-16-2016, 01:32 PM
Well u seem to think i, a paraplegic (see signature) would install my parts. I have no prob paying my bud (Acura tech 25yrs) do it. Please record wot like you stole it (shifting at fuel cut-off 7100rpm) like hondas are meat to be...lol.