2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Fit newb.... need turbo advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Fit newb.... need turbo advice

so I'm looking to do a custom turbo, rather than a kit, for $$ sake. doing all the research i can... with complete confusion. i guess what I'm asking for is a sort of a list of stuff ill need. also where do i even start looking for a turbo manifold for this car?!

any help will be much appreciated..

also, im not planning on more than like 7psi, unless someone suggest differently, i don't want to change any guts

Old 11-03-2016, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Your first option is the Zage turbo kit. The piping is confirmed to fit with modification to the intercooler bracket.

You can use the same turbo manifold from an R series, both platforms share the integrated manifold.
I'd recommend a small turbo, something like a TD04 or even a 16g. Something with an internal waste gate would make your life much easier
Custom downpipe
Custom intercooler piping
An intercooler
Blow off valve of your choice
Oil feed and return lines
Tuning software (KTuner, AEM FI/C with a boomslang harness if you don't want to cut the OEM harness, or go full standalone)

It's the basic steps to putting a turbo on any car, really. Good luck.

Old 11-03-2016, 02:20 PM
Hey thanks! Do you mean type R fit?

Old 11-03-2016, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
No, R series as in the R18 out of the 8th gen civics haha.

Old 11-03-2016, 05:33 PM
ha thanks!

Old 11-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Old 11-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by FittedOnEm
Your first option is the Zage turbo kit. The piping is confirmed to fit with modification to the intercooler bracket.

You can use the same turbo manifold from an R series, both platforms share the integrated manifold.
I'd recommend a small turbo, something like a TD04 or even a 16g. Something with an internal waste gate would make your life much easier
Custom downpipe
An intercooler
Tuning software (KTuner, AEM FI/C with a boomslang harness if you don't want to cut the OEM harness, or go full standalone)

I'd throw in injectors and a fuel pump. Some people use the RDX injectors and Evo fuel pump.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
I'd throw in injectors and a fuel pump. Some people use the RDX injectors and Evo fuel pump.
are those better than RSX-S injectors?

Old 11-04-2016, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by supersuave89
That I don't know.

A complete assumption would be the RDX injectors flow more due to them coming from a turbo vehicle, maybe that's why the guys go with them. I could be totally wrong though.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, something like that could work. I personally don't like cast and would stick to an internal wastegate, but that's preference.

Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
I don't have any experience with RSX-S injectors nor do I know their flow rate, but for how much power a turbo setup would typically put out the 410cc injectors from the RDX are sufficient.

I'm using the RDX injectors and an Evo X fuel pump and fuel starvation definitely isn't a problem with my Sprintex setup at about 9 psi.

Old 11-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys. Also should I just assume I'll be using premium or does it just depend on how many lbs of boost I'm running?

Old 11-14-2016, 09:17 AM
also, ive noticed that these turbo manifolds do not have a place to put the O2 sensor... so what do i do with that?

Old 11-14-2016, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks guys. Also should I just assume I'll be using premium or does it just depend on how many lbs of boost I'm running?
It depends on what you tune on (please, don't try and run this without actually tuning the car). But yes, you should be filling with at least 91 to avoid detonation. General rule of thumb is don't boost on a budget, especially if you're trying to piece together a kit. Things are bound to break.

also, ive noticed that these turbo manifolds do not have a place to put the O2 sensor... so what do i do with that?
It would go on the down pipe. From what I know of the Zage kit, it comes with a downpipr already do you don't need to worry about that. What I also forgot to mention - if you do run the Zage kit you'll also need to delete the EGR valve since the downpipe doesn't have the piece for it to connect to.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:53 PM
It depends on what you tune on (please, don't try and run this without actually tuning the car). But yes, you should be filling with at least 91 to avoid detonation. General rule of thumb is don't boost on a budget, especially if you're trying to piece together a kit. Things are bound to break.

It would go on the down pipe. From what I know of the Zage kit, it comes with a downpipr already do you don't need to worry about that. What I also forgot to mention - if you do run the Zage kit you'll also need to delete the EGR valve since the downpipe doesn't have the piece for it to connect to.
Do you happen to know the price of the zage kit? And what does deleting the EGR valve entail?

Old 11-14-2016, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
Do you happen to know the price of the zage kit? And what does deleting the EGR valve entail?
ZAGE
You can inquire there, but I remember it being pretty cheap at like $1200 or something.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ing-turbo.html
This thread is where all your info on it is gonna be. First post says about $1300 shipped.

You'll need EGR block off plates to close up the ports, then disable it using KTuner or whatever engine management you go with, as long as it has the option to disable it.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:34 PM
There is someone on the TrueFitCrew fb page selling a used kit for $1k. I believe it includes a few extras.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:37 PM

Custom downpipe
An intercooler

Ktuner doesn't list my engine(A63)
Is this a fluke or should I just ignore that altogether and go for it?

Old 11-15-2016, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
Ktuner doesn't list my engine(A63)
Is this a fluke or should I just ignore that altogether and go for it?
What year and trans is your car? I thought I remembered seeing that all chassis were supported now. Hm.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:11 PM
What year and trans is your car? I thought I remembered seeing that all chassis were supported now. Hm.
Automatic 09 sport