2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

Vent Visors for those who hate the OEM ones

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by komafit
Pix or it didn't happen.

Fine, post deleted!

Old 05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
People are getting really touchy about showing pictures of the Weathertech visors, apparently they are made of solid crack cocaine and they don't want the DEA hounding them. That's why we've yet to see a single picture of one on the Fit.

I'm not sure why they are better than the OEM Visors or why they cost twice as much. People have said you need to trim the rear Weathertech visor to even get it to fit right. What makes this so awesome? I'm clearly missing something... oh yea, they are made of solid crack.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
I ordered the weathertech visors front/back for a 2012 Fit Sport. I'll post pics when they arrive.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Thank you AC7880.

Could you please post pics front, rear, the whole car side view and maybe one from the rear quarter?

Comment on install problems (If any and what were the solutions)

Comment on fit.

As well can you comment on your tint level on your car and how it matched up with the tint level of the parts.

Thank you very much in advance

Old 07-13-2012, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
Will do on the pics. I'm in a slow internet area right now on a aircard, so I may have to post the pics spread out over multiple posts and/or time/days.

Dan

Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
Thank you AC7880.

Could you please post pics front, rear, the whole car side view and maybe one from the rear quarter?

Comment on install problems (If any and what were the solutions)

Comment on fit.

As well can you comment on your tint level on your car and how it matched up with the tint level of the parts.

Thank you very much in advance

Old 07-20-2012, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
Weathertech Visors never shipped

I ordered the vent visors on the 8th, and they still have not shipped them as of today on the 20th. I sent them an email telling them to cancel the order. I'm a full time rv traveler, and don't want these to arrive here after I have left the area.

I may try and order this winter when I host a wildlife preserve in AZ for 4 months. Perhaps they will be capable of actually getting them to me in a timely manner with 4 months to play with.

Originally Posted by AC7880
I ordered the weathertech visors front/back for a 2012 Fit Sport. I'll post pics when they arrive.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...

Nobody has a photo for these yet? I really like the idea of a snap in visor versus a stick-on visor but am very picky about fit, finish and looks. Photo please someone.

_

Old 02-12-2015, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
will these fit a 07?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Fit4Spl
If you are like me you do not like the look of the OEM visors from Honda, which are around $55 plus shipping. So I started with a set of cheap Mugen look a likes and unfortunately the tape used on them was sub par to say the least. After losing one on a toll road highway I pulled them all off cleaned the windows and set out to find a good set that were of the same look and yet NOT cheapo's. Here is what I found; 08-11 HONDA FIT shade vent window visors 4PC CLIP-ON | eBay

Now, these DO have clips two per visor front and rear and they do not require any drilling or screws. They simply fit into the natural channels of the window and do not interfere one bit. The first thing that impressed me about them is that the area's that were NOT covered with double sided tape (which these have high grade 3M tape) were layered with a foam tape, where it was taped to the visor and foam on the outside as to not damage the car. The second thing that impressed me was the thickness, these were visibly and physically thicker and heavier than the first set I bought which were very flimsy and thin. Installation was easy, cleaned all area's with alcohol then rinsed with filtered water and let air dry. Then lined a visor up, peeled the backing off the smaller sections of tape, and just a tail end of the main line tape, mounted the visor and then pulled the tail tape out as I pressed them on firmly. Repeated this step till they were all on the car.

I have had them on the car about a month or so now and I still love them, they are very much a nice stylish addition to the car as well as functional. Here are 3 pictures of them on the car.

In conclusion, these are great visors and a much more stylish option to the OEM version imo. Anyone wanting visors who does not like the OEM style I would highly recommend these.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator
no it won't

Old 06-01-2016, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
I guess it didn't happen...

Old 06-01-2016, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
My OEM ones are getting faded. Might have to try these out. 6 years in and the car still looks so sharp!