2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

Vent Visors for those who hate the OEM ones

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
Vent Visors for those who hate the OEM ones

If you are like me you do not like the look of the OEM visors from Honda, which are around $55 plus shipping. So I started with a set of cheap Mugen look a likes and unfortunately the tape used on them was sub par to say the least. After losing one on a toll road highway I pulled them all off cleaned the windows and set out to find a good set that were of the same look and yet NOT cheapo's. Here is what I found; 08-11 HONDA FIT shade vent window visors 4PC CLIP-ON | eBay

Now, these DO have clips two per visor front and rear and they do not require any drilling or screws. They simply fit into the natural channels of the window and do not interfere one bit. The first thing that impressed me about them is that the area's that were NOT covered with double sided tape (which these have high grade 3M tape) were layered with a foam tape, where it was taped to the visor and foam on the outside as to not damage the car. The second thing that impressed me was the thickness, these were visibly and physically thicker and heavier than the first set I bought which were very flimsy and thin. Installation was easy, cleaned all area's with alcohol then rinsed with filtered water and let air dry. Then lined a visor up, peeled the backing off the smaller sections of tape, and just a tail end of the main line tape, mounted the visor and then pulled the tail tape out as I pressed them on firmly. Repeated this step till they were all on the car.

I have had them on the car about a month or so now and I still love them, they are very much a nice stylish addition to the car as well as functional. Here are 3 pictures of them on the car.

In conclusion, these are great visors and a much more stylish option to the OEM version imo. Anyone wanting visors who does not like the OEM style I would highly recommend these.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
^^ Nice write up, very good info for those looking for these rather then the OE or expensive MUGEN.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Thank you for the info! This was very useful. I actually joined this forum today and this is the first thing i wanted to look up--i dont like how the oe vent visors look and am currently in the process of fnding some for my 2010 fit.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
i had these exact ones, be careful with them in the sun. the clear coat tends to oxidize after about 8 months. I liked them. I was going to take them off and spray them black, but as I was taking them off snapped one in half. Ended up replacing with the OEM ones since they come with a yr warranty from Honda. I supposed if you keep a good coat of wax on them, they should be fine. Just a heads-up from experience!

Old 02-04-2012, 09:34 PM
I have bought WeatherTech in the past, 12 years on my other Honda with Zero complaints, look the same as the day I got them.

2012 Honda Fit | WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors, Vents, Rain Guards, Wind Deflectors | WeatherTech.com

This photo obviously is not a Fit, but that is pretty much the overall smooth look my 12 year old ones have, personally this is the product I would go for, based on my experience with the product. NO glue or doubleback tape, roll the window down, put them in the hole, roll the window up...that's it.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YouKantPimpInaKIA
I have bought WeatherTech in the past, 12 years on my other Honda with Zero complaints, look the same as the day I got them.

2012 Honda Fit | WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors, Vents, Rain Guards, Wind Deflectors | WeatherTech.com
Nice.

Do they just snap into the channels? Do you have pics of them installed? Thanks!

Old 02-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
Nice.

Do they just snap into the channels? Do you have pics of them installed? Thanks!
I just noticed that the link I posted is only showing a Front Set and not a Rear Set?

The ones on my CR-V look like these, yes they go inside the window channel.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
I just noticed that the link I posted is only showing a Front Set and not a Rear Set?

The ones on my CR-V look like these, yes they go inside the window channel.
Thanks.

I noticed no rears as well. I wonder why?

Old 02-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by jnesselroad
i had these exact ones, be careful with them in the sun. the clear coat tends to oxidize after about 8 months. I liked them. I was going to take them off and spray them black, but as I was taking them off snapped one in half. Ended up replacing with the OEM ones since they come with a yr warranty from Honda. I supposed if you keep a good coat of wax on them, they should be fine. Just a heads-up from experience!
really? wow must of been an isolated issue. i've had mine for almost a year now and it still looks great.

anyways, funny story. at a car meet once, this guy with a SI mention that he thought it was pretty bad-ass how i modified the civic mugen visors to fit on my fit. -_-*

Old 02-12-2012, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cocowheat
really? wow must of been an isolated issue. i've had mine for almost a year now and it still looks great.

anyways, funny story. at a car meet once, this guy with a SI mention that he thought it was pretty bad-ass how i modified the civic mugen visors to fit on my fit. -_-*
i hope it was, cause they looked bad. but my car sat in the sun everyday, in florida, no garage... so it had a lot working against it. i loved the look of them though. I just decided to go OEM because i wanted something different (than what i had) and they were on sale at college hills.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
The tape on my fake Mugen Vent visors are about ready for new tape for the second time... I think the tape isn't up to speeds and temperatures over 110 MPH at the same time on less than perfect roads on a stiff suspension.... I like them much more the other types because they work much better and lower interior temperatures when the windows are up and the A/C is on... I think an emotion as energy sapping as hatred should be reserved for corporate lobbyist, crooked politicians, bankers and ex wives.. You can turn and walk away from inanimate objects and they cease to have any effect on your life or the economic well being of you or the country.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:29 AM
These look great install a cinch. I can only find Front ventshades @ Weathertech; is that all you have? Pic would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Any other sites than Ebay? They are very hard to find in Canada. My dealership I think is asking way too much for them.
I have a Lx 2012.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the club, heyitfits. After acquiring my cargo cover (very important for those who often park their Fit beside the road, if I may add) and liner, I'm scouting for vent visors next.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:25 PM

Can you upload a picture of your Fit with these on? I'm abit scared to spend 100 on an item I haven't seen yet, especially since the manufacturer doesn't provide one.

Last edited by PinoyBoy; 04-25-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
Those Weathertech visors are nice- sleek and simple, not as busy looking as the Mugen style.
I saw both front and rears on the website. Install looks easier than the oem ones, too. What do you suggest- the dark or light style tint. I am leaning towards the dark for sun blockage.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd
Those Weathertech visors are nice- sleek and simple, not as busy looking as the Mugen style.
I saw both front and rears on the website. Install looks easier than the oem ones, too. What do you suggest- the dark or light style tint. I am leaning towards the dark for sun blockage.
Here's the difference between dark and light:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a23_cRpxOAE#t=1m21s

Definitely the dark tint. I think it looks great on all colors. The cost is the only thing keeping me from buying the WeatherTech visors. It's almost twice the price of the OEM and I haven't seen an actual picture of it on a 2nd gen Fit.

Here's an installation video for the WeatherTech:
Weathertech Vent Visor Installation - YouTube

Makes me want to mix and match, WT front and OEM rear.

Last edited by PinoyBoy; 04-25-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Cool beans! Weathertech now has the rear deflector for 2012. Very interested in these! I may have to go out on a limb and buy them.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Dark tint is definitely the way to go-the light looks very light. The 2010-2012 Fit should be the same size, right?
I may need to save up for these. I like the way they install w/o clips and tape in the front.

youcantpiminakia- thanks for sharing

Old 04-26-2012, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
I don't think that picture on the website is actually a fit... in fact I think it's a computer generated car, with a woman photoshopped in. Pretty poor way to sell products if you asked me. I wouldn't buy this sight unseen.

Quick Reply: Vent Visors for those who hate the OEM ones