2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

hood edge deflector

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 02:51 PM
hood edge deflector

Anyone know where to buy the hood edge deflector for a 2nd gen fit, shipped to the US?

Like this:

Apparently the OEM version is a Canada only part, #08P47-TK6-300CH

Zeta was selling one for the 2nd gen fit but I emailed them and they have discontinued it.

I contacted a few local dealers, none of them could import.

I contacted a few dealers in Canada, none would ship to the US.

Any ideas on where to get one short of driving across the border?

Dig the look and already have 3 chips on my hood.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Herfitmetaco
Anyone know where to buy the hood edge deflector for a 2nd gen fit, shipped to the US?

Like this:

Zeta was selling one for the 2nd gen fit but I emailed them and they have discontinued it.

Nice to see we get something not available in the US for a change. I am on my second one. The first one took a big rock but saved the hood. The shipping would be really expensive from here.

Name:  005-10.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  46.2 KB

Old 07-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Nice to see we get something not available in the US for a change. I am on my second one. The first one took a big rock but saved the hood. The shipping would be really expensive from here.
Very nice. I think the translucent smoke color looks pretty damn spiffy on your taffy. Glad to hear it functioned well for you too.

Hopefully it looks as good on PMM when I track one down.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Kind of glad I brought my last year when I got the car, did not realize you could not get it anymore.

Name:  P1050385_zps1260b0a7.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  178.2 KB

Old 07-24-2013, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Unhappy Rock Chip

"already have 3 chips on my hood. [/QUOTE]"
Got my first rock chip on my hood today...heck, my FIRST chip ever, and it's a doozy!!
'12 VBP Sport 5MT w/minor appearance & comfort mods!!

Old 07-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Banned
That is sad news that Zeta Products is out of stock on the Hood Deflectors. Back in 2006 for my GD3 Fit, I bought the first Hood Deflector in the U.S. after seeing it mentioned from some Canadian Fitfreak members. Here is what I did back then, and this method may work for you. Being in CA, I looked on the Internet for the nearest Canadian Honda dealer with a web site. Found one in British Columbia (sorry, don't remember the dealer's name), and called the dealer. Arranged a special order of the GD3 Hood deflector. The shipping cost was quite high, but I really wanted the deflector and I don't regret the purchase.

After receipt and the installation of the deflector, I called the CEO of Zeta Products and convinced him to contact the Canadian factory that makes these things and ask them for a U.S. distributorship. He did that, got the distributorship in the U.S. and sold them to Fitfreak members for several years. At that time Zeta Productxs was a forums sponsor.

As time went by, Zeta found that forums sponsorship was not worth the cost paid to Internet Brands (forums owner), and that sales did not justify the cost and the headaches of dealing with forums members. Goodby forums sponsorship. Too bad that there are no Hood Deflectors left at Zeta.

So, if you really want one ( and you should- a GREAT product), just look on the Internet for the nearest Honda Canada dealer to you and either email them or call them (best method- call the Parts Dept.) and arrange to order one. Shipping will be expensive, but having one on my GD3 and one on the GE8 that replaced it was the best investment I ever made. No bugs on the windshield of either Fit, and absolutely no rock chips on either hood.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by cjecpa
Kind of glad I brought my last year when I got the car, did not realize you could not get it anymore.

You love that picture don't you? I do too. I just ordered the same rack today from the link you provided, autoanything.com, but was able to get 20% off instead of 15%. I also picked up a hood deflector from the same site. We will see how the fitment is when I get it in since it was only $39. I realized I needed one when I bought the car used and it had 3 or 4 chips filled in.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:12 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by michaels
You love that picture don't you? I do too. I just ordered the same rack today from the link you provided, autoanything.com, but was able to get 20% off instead of 15%. I also picked up a hood deflector from the same site. We will see how the fitment is when I get it in since it was only $39. I realized I needed one when I bought the car used and it had 3 or 4 chips filled in.
The Fit in the photo in the OP is mine- first GE8 Fit with the Canadian-made Hood Deflector. Again, find the nearest Honda Canada dealer to you and call them to arrange an order for the Hood Deflector.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Herfitmetaco

Like this:

The Fit in your photo belongs to me. This is the first GE8 Hood Deflector bought in the U.S. If you want one, find the nearest Honda Canada dealer to you with a web site, and call them to try to arrange an order. Shipping will be high, but will be worthwhile.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Cheers to all. Paint chips...

Fittman I know that feel bro. My 98 tacoma has been through hell and back yet I have no real paint chips anywhere. Just hard dings...seeing an actual chip on a 2 month old new car was a hard hit to the gut.

Trisk, I'm gonna do exactly as you said and call around more to the dealerships over the border tomorrow. Even if it's approaching $200+ to get the deflector to me it seems like the best investment I can make to protect the body at this point.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:17 PM
guess I got lucky a few months back when I bought one, GL with the search OP

Old 07-25-2013, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
College Hills Honda was selling this part. They even posted this
with installation instructions. I would call College Hills Honda and see if they are going to get some more in. They seem to pull import parts from their website from time to time until they get a new shipment. I'm sure they will give you the info if you call. Toll Free 1-888-244-6632

Old 07-25-2013, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
I found the HD9M09 from Form Focus is the same model number as 08P47-TK6-300CH from Honda.

I;ve only found one place that sells them and ships to the US:
2009-2013 Honda Fit Acrylic Hood Deflector

Shipping is like $55.

I have not ordered from them before, so I cannot testify to their trustfulness.

Let me know if you order from them.

DD65

Old 07-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by DigitalDude65
I found the HD9M09 from Form Focus is the same model number as 08P47-TK6-300CH from Honda.

I;ve only found one place that sells them and ships to the US:
2009-2013 Honda Fit Acrylic Hood Deflector

Shipping is like $55.

I have not ordered from them before, so I cannot testify to their trustfulness.

Let me know if you order from them.

DD65
Hey thanks DD65.

I just placed an order for one from them. It came out to $135 shipped.

I spoke to someone on the phone and they seemed pretty legit, but said they don't ship to the US. I placed the order online anyway as this is the best lead I've found by far. US shipping was clearly an option w/ the online form.

Will update when I get it.

Will be posting some pics of my fit too when all said and done. Cheers

Originally Posted by ampete04
I would call College Hills Honda and see if they are going to get some more in. They seem to pull import parts from their website from time to time until they get a new shipment. I'm sure they will give you the info if you call. Toll Free 1-888-244-6632
Called these guys and they said they won't be restocking

Old 07-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Banned
I hope that your order winds up at your door. Your efforts will pay off. As the first U.S. Fitfreak member to buy this item for a GD3, and the first one to buy it for a GE8, I have never regretted either purchase. I used to make regular trips from the CA coastal area over the Sierras to the Carson Valley of NV, and there are a LOT of bugs on that drive. Most of the bugs wound up on my headlights, and NOT on my windshield. Not one single rock chip on the hood of either Fit over the last seven years.

Sorry that the availability has changed to the point that your shipping charge is so high, but the extra cost will be worth the cost. I REALLY like the look that this device gives to the Fit, and the absence of rock chips on the hood and windshield. With the popularity of the Fit, I am amazed that none of the American plastic fabricators have made a similar shield for the Fit.

The only downside is, Fit drivers passing on the road won't recognize your car as a Fit. OOH, such a big deal. Your Fit will always look better than theirs.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
I called a dealer in Canada. He wanted $120 shipping.

Like hell!

Old 07-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by DigitalDude65
I called a dealer in Canada. He wanted $120 shipping.

Like hell!
Call some more? They can't all be crooks.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
I just ordered the one that college hills honda has, the aftermarket one, but i found it much cheaper else where. it should be here monday. My assumption would be that it's the the 3m stick on, but we'll see. Ill update with pics.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:50 AM
I may look into seeing if one of my Montreal colleagues can pick this up for me and bring it to Boston.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Born2Bfit
I just ordered the one that college hills honda has, the aftermarket one, but i found it much cheaper else where. it should be here monday. My assumption would be that it's the the 3m stick on, but we'll see. Ill update with pics.
I looked into the College Hilsl style, but they look awfully small compared to the "OEM" version from Canada.

Quick Reply: hood edge deflector