2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

Project Air Flow (including JDP Carbon Fiber Vented Hood)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Good Morning All4bspinin,
Thanks for your advice,

Yes, Sprintex do not have intercooler / heat exchanger.
On the original setup, the 5th injector that inject the additional fuel needed for the Sprintex at the intake elbow before the supercharger act as a poorman intercooler, but since I don't use Sprintex piggyback and use AEM F/IC-6, I don't use the 5th injector anymore.

I tune my car at Church tuning, but later found out, there is some mistake in the tuning (at that time my AEM MAP hose rattling due to the pulsation and the tuner must mistaken the sound as detonation/knocking) with too much timing retard causing the car to not able to accelerate and harder to start.
I since had modified the ignition tuning a bit and so far my water temp and spark plug do not indicate something is wrong.

I do plan to install higher flowing 200Cell HJS Catalytic Converter soon,
so I will probably take it to another tuner for a retune.

I also have longer term plan to install Aquamist Water/Meth Injection system coupled with the smaller pulley from Sprintex to increase the boost, and of course retune again.

But you are right that this car need Water/Meth injection because at this moment (winter) my car do accelerate faster compare to hot day (summer).

I also had install Setrab Oil Cooler with fan plus extra fan for the radiator,
so hopefully it will help, oh and a Denso IK24 plug which is 2 step colder than the stock plug.

I also will install Defi EGT gauge, oil pressure, oil temp and fuel temp, so hopefully I can see if there is something wrong (knock on wood )
You're very welcome, thanks for listening/reading what I posted.

It sounds like you have a few good plans in the works in my opinion. I think you'll see your largest gains from the water/meth system. Church automotive testing's chris church is actually very intelligent. His tuning lessons on subarus were some of the first I ever took. I would be confident in his tuning ability so I think you're good there.

You'll definitely have to have a water/meth setup if you plan to run more boost. Id like to see a datalog of the car to see how its running. If you can get a datalog, feel free to upload it to datazap.me and post the link so we can see the graphs.

Also, maybe you could educate me on this but... what was the k-tuner issue? What were you waiting to be developed?

Old 01-09-2017, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by all4bspinnin
You're very welcome, thanks for listening/reading what I posted.

It sounds like you have a few good plans in the works in my opinion. I think you'll see your largest gains from the water/meth system. Church automotive testing's chris church is actually very intelligent. His tuning lessons on subarus were some of the first I ever took. I would be confident in his tuning ability so I think you're good there.

You'll definitely have to have a water/meth setup if you plan to run more boost. Id like to see a datalog of the car to see how its running. If you can get a datalog, feel free to upload it to datazap.me and post the link so we can see the graphs.

Also, maybe you could educate me on this but... what was the k-tuner issue? What were you waiting to be developed?
Hello,
when I tune my car at Church, it was not tune by the owner, Shawn Church but
was tune by Daniel Buttler, the other tuner (employee) at Church Tuning.

Shawn was there, and I tried to get appointment by texting him at his cell phone directly earlier in the morning
but at that time he text me back saying they are busy and not available and I have to wait couple of days,

although later Ryan (another employee) get my message that I left on company voice mail, (yes I text Shawn but
also try to call their office first),
and Ryan said I can get tune the same day and they have vacant spot.

It's kinda of weird that Shawn just text me earlier that they already have so much customer waiting in line
at their shop and they would not be able to accommodate me that day,
but later I can get a spot and when I tune my car there, I am the only customer so they are not busy at all...

Also when I was there for almost 3 hours (I have to wait for 30 minutes for one customer ahead of me),
Shawn was there too but he never greet me or even smile to me as customer... perhaps he just having a bad day...
but it is enough to make me don't really feel comfortable there.
I mean Daniel and Ryan were polite and nice enough to me
but I just have this feeling that they are not in the best of mood...
perhaps I came to tune at the wrong time... (they all having a bad day at work)...
sometimes it happened...

I am curious if Shawn would tune my car differently but at this moment,
I think I would want to try tuning at other place.

The church's tune that I modified is the first left lower corner cell on the Ignition map from -2.5 ignition retard to 0, and now the car can start normally
otherwise I need to crank it much longer before the car starts.
I also decrease the -5 ignition retard on the lower rpm side of the ignition map to just -3 because at -5, my car were not accelerating as well,
and I think the only reason he do this because he thinks he hear the engine knocking (which I don't realize that he was hearing of the vibration/pulsation of the AEM F/IC-6 Map tube).
I did told him there is some weird noise before tuning, but at that time, I also don't know that it came from the pulsation effect.

Below is the link to features available (or not) for Honda Fit.
Fit ? KTuner, LLC

The one in Beta means it is still not available, but it had been Beta for about 2 years..., I would like to see those features included before I am willing to buy K-Tuner especially the injector sizing, real time tuning mode, speed density fueling, and expandable tables for boost.
I hope KTuners can get this features included soon but I don't think he will ever do it because maybe there is not enough market.

Regarding tuner,

Who else would you recommend to tune using AEM F/IC-6 in Southern California (or even Northern California)?
The reason I want to stay with California tuner is because I want to tune on California 91 octane gasoline.
How about Road Race Engineering and how about FSR motor sport?
Or you have other recommendation for tuner?
I plan to tune my car again soon after I install my 200 cell HJS Cat Converter.

Thanks again.

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 01-09-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
I got a free Fender Washer Package from Kuo's Garage long time ago (like 2 or 3 years ago) when I buy their front upper strut bar,
I just never figure out how to install them because they have this rivet nuts that I am not familiar with...
but since I am installing all the Defi Oil and Temperature sensor,
so I have to remove the front grill and JDP engineering Carbon Fiber upper radiator cover, I decide it's time to install those Kuo's Garage fender washer because I won't need to open this grill again since all the modification in that area is now completed...

After looking around, I finally figure out how to install it: