2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Who got Remote Starter installed in their fit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Who got Remote Starter installed in their fit?

Just wanted to know how much was it? I'm interested in getting a remote starter installed on my car. I heard that you'll need some type of "transponder" to bypass the factory security?

Old 02-25-2009, 05:09 PM
For the '09 - my dealer actually recomended an aftermarket brand and said the OEM version will require a restart of the engine. The aftermarket would be much cheaper and support 2000 ft. as well. I can't recall the exact brand/model, but installed it was $450 compared to the $700s for OEM.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member
bump for this.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
I know in Ohio and Maryland remote starters are a big problem if they don't require a restart. Its a fairly large fine for leaving a a vehicle unattended while its running in Maryland and I think it could cost your license here in Ohio. I think the restart is worth it if you are using it for the intended purpose (to warm up your motor in cold-as-balls weather). Not to mention the safety features that kill the motor if someone tries to start the car. (I live ina n area that is both very cold in the winter and prone to car theft.) Also the fact that Honda warranties the remote start they install is pretty nice.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:55 PM
i have one on my 08 sport. and a bypass did need to be installed to bypasss key security. does not require a restart. installer used a python 991.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:44 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I want a remote start so bad, the car really is a slug if you don't warm it up before you drive it. I know the actual driving is supposed to warm it up but my street turns onto a 50mph road, so if you don't punch it off the bat and time it right you have a bad accident. Having the Remote Start would be nice. I would love to have an OEM honda one

Old 03-15-2009, 01:10 PM
viper 5901
good stuff i heard

Old 03-15-2009, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
I have a compustar 2-way alarm + started. love it. It definately has a transponder/device that bypasses the immobilizer. Mine was just under 600CAD and is pretty much loaded featurewise

Old 03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
i got an Autopage remote start in my GE, had a well known installer put it in for $250.... beats my nearby Honda dealers quote of $900 minimum

Old 03-18-2009, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
i got a clifford 50.5x with remote start, and it works like a beauty.. You will need a immobilizer bypass in order for the remote start to work.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Which immobilizer are people using? I am going to have my old alarm installed w/ remote start and window roll up/down. I have a DEI 555I. Will this be okay with my remote start?

Old 10-04-2009, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
I have OEM accessory "REMOTE ENGINE STARTER" installed in my 09 FIT Sport AT/VSA/NAV. I bought it from a dealer on eBay for $378 and installed it myself. However, I had to take my car to a local deal to program it for $65. It is PnP.

Remote Engine Starter Unit Kit
P/N 08E91-E22-101B

Old 10-05-2009, 12:14 AM
My Viper 5701V is easily the best thing I've done to my Fit. Remote start and everything. This alarm can do so much, it's absolutely incredible.

I installed it myself, but that's what I do for a living, so no big deal. It does require a bypass module, but no restart. I used the PKALL module from Directed Electronics. There actually should be at least 12 different modules that will work for it. The PKALL works for almost all Honda's and Acuras. It's nice because it self-programs and does NOT require a key to live in the module (in order to scan the chip). The module will automatically scan the chip in the key when you put it into program mode, and retains the information.

I live in Southern California, so I don't have to worry about it getting below freezing. But I do leave the AC on when it's hot, and let my car run for 1-2 minutes before going to it. And when it is cold (which is no lower than 40F) I'll let it run for ten minutes to heat up. The alarm will start the car if it gets to 30F outside (this is programmable between -20F and 40F) and will start if it gets about 120F (this is also programmable between 90F and 130F). The car will also start if my battery's voltage drops below 12.3 volts, and this is programmable also.

What else can you do with this? Well my next step is purchase 2 window control modules that will allow me to roll the windows down or up, and will roll the windows up when I arm the alarm. Then I will program the alarm, using an AUX output on it and a relay, to be able to toggle the rear defrost on. Then I will be using two more AUX outputs on the alarm, along with a programmable steering wheel control module, to be able to turn my systems volume up or down. That way I can turn on my Fit, roll down the windows, and CRANK up the system. No real reason to do it, just because I like to tinker around.

Also the alarm is 2-way with a 1 mile range. That means that if your alarm goes off, it pages your remote. On a side note, for those of you with iPhones: Viper is releasing a Viper 5901V. It's the same as the 5701V, but with a nicer LCD remote. And there will be a module that you can purchase abd hook up to the alarm that will turn your iPhone into a remote. That means that if your car is California, and you're in New York, you can turn on your car, disarm the alarm, or be notified when your alarm goes off. Freakin crazy!

So yes, remote start is awesome. My alarm, the Viper 5701V, is $400, including basic installation at Best Buy. The bypass module was $80 at Best Buy as well.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by FITMugen
I have OEM accessory "REMOTE ENGINE STARTER" installed in my 09 FIT Sport AT/VSA/NAV. I bought it from a dealer on eBay for $378 and installed it myself. However, I had to take my car to a local deal to program it for $65. It is PnP.

Remote Engine Starter Unit Kit
P/N 08E91-E22-101B
To confirm: The car was drivable after you plugged everything in?

Old 02-19-2010, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by awptickes
To confirm: The car was drivable after you plugged everything in?
Yes, it is drivable as before installing. Just the remote engine start will not function until you program it with HDS by a dealer.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
MetalFit630, how tough was the remote start installation? I'm thinking of installing the Viper 5701V Remote start kit with an Xpresskit PKH34 bypass. What else will I need?.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by phogroian
MetalFit630, how tough was the remote start installation? I'm thinking of installing the Viper 5701V Remote start kit with an Xpresskit PKH34 bypass. What else will I need?.
that person hasn't been active for a LONG time (since sept '10). this thread hasn't be active since before that, even. (edit: I just re-read his post... he had it installed at Best Buy anyway).

pretty dead.

I can't really answer your question, because I have no experience with it... but I'd say, if you're not comfortable splicing wires... let a pro do it.

Last edited by Goobers; 01-05-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:54 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks Goobers. Even though it is an old thread, I thought it would be better to continue an established one instead of starting yet another one. From what I gather, Viper 5701V Remote start kit is:

1) Compatible with the 2nd generation Fit,
2) Is in some ways (not requiring a restart) a more attractive option than the OEM unit,
3) Can be installed by Best Buy (assuming they have a competent technician on staff),
4) Requires a separate data ecryption key "bypass" unit to get around the car's anti-theft feature.

The PKALL unit is mentioned, but in doing an online search it seems that the
Xpresskit PKH34 seems like a custom fit for late model Hondas.
I'm not afraid of tackling wiring projects, but am more worried about how difficult it will be to access the wires. Has anyone done this installation? Are there more modules that I need to buy or should get for added features?

Old 01-05-2012, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
I think if you're gonna let BB do the install, they might actually get the bypass module for you as part of the installation (and charge you for it).

Using Viper's site to build a system, they keep referencing DBALL.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
I've noticed that Viper does not want anyone but an authorized dealer to install the unit. I don't know how good the BB technicians are or how long the warrant their work, but it looks tempting, because there is a lot of work involved. Viper doesn't publish the install manual, but I found it here:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N5202V_2008_02web.pdf

I hadn't heard of the DBALL unit... but sure enough, it is what the Viper website recommends (XpressKit Databus All Interface Module, or DBALL) when I entered a 2010 Honda Fit as my vehicle, and the 5701 as my preferred remote start unit.

PKALL, PKH34, DBALL? has anyone here installed one of these, or had it installed, and can make a recommendation?
-------------------------
Update:

Looks as if the DBALL is a universal unit that needs to be flashed with Honda-specific software: 401.HONDA4 2.15 vH00.S00.D08. it handles Door lock control and transponder override. According to the user manual, it: " Controls and monitors standard factory security and convenience features such as door locks, alarm,
sliding doors, hood and trunk status, as well as tach output plus data transponder interface".

Here is the PHK34 verbiage:

Honda Acura Transponder Data Override Interface: No Key Required fixed firmware BYPASSKIT for almost all Honda
and Acura vehicles. (See vehicle application guide for more specific coverage)
Includes a new D2D port for secure override when paired with D2D enabled remote start system.
Product Description:
PKH34 is a fixed Honda and Acura Transponder Data Override Interface solution that works on almost all 2001 to 2011
Honda and Acura vehicles. 100% compatible with any remote start system, PKH34 is also the first BYPASSKIT fixed
firmware solution to add an enhanced data security override activation port (D2D). The D2D activation port takes the
PKH34 BYPASSKIT to another level when paired with any remote start system using the D2D communication protocol.
D2D (data to data) is the same communication protocol used with the XPRESSKIT line of programmable vehicle
modules, however in the case of the PKH34 the data port is used solely as data activation input when paired with a
similarly equipped D2D remote start system. Security of the override module is enhanced by disabling all analogue
inputs whenever the module detects communication with a D2D enabled remote start system. This prevents the

override feature from being activated by any other method other than the remote start system.

---------------------
Update:
I got an answer from customer service: The programmable, generic DB-ALL is not needed if the PKH34 is used. The PKH34 is specific to late model Hondas.

Last edited by phogroian; 01-06-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: added updated information

Quick Reply: Who got Remote Starter installed in their fit?