2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Sound Deadening Project (Lots of Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bensenvill
well truth be told I am a condo dweller with a tiny garage and I got a few weeks before my garage ornament track car returns. Your situation should not dissuade you.
I want to completely retract that statement. To do just the trunk has consumed my whole garage between a few bulky trunk side panels and the rolls of material and cutting space. Also it took me 2 weeks just to do the dynomat for the trunk... I am only now starting on the other 2 layers. This is definitely a lot more involved than I anticipated. (that or it brings out the worst of my OCD)

Old 11-16-2015, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
I'll have to bow out of the idea to follow through with this project, even though I was looking forward to it.

After over five years of being my daily driver, it's time to part with my trusty Fit. A new urban life in Seattle has me using the bus far more than my Fit, so it no longer makes financial sense to keep it.

Bensenvill: I hope your project turns out good for you! Too bad it ended up taking more time than you expected.

Quiet trails!

Old 02-22-2016, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Quiet tires are the key

Bit of an old thread, but wanted to chime in. I did all the sound-deadening things on my '08 Fit that the OP did, but in the end, was not that satisfied with the results. Then I had to get new tires and found some Pirellis that were highly rated for being quiet, and that made the biggest difference by far.
Unfortunately, I totalled that car, but inherited a 2013 Fit, so I am going to do a much more modest sound deadening job this time, and only because I'll have the doors open to swap out speakers (and because I still have some left over CLD, MLV and CCF). And I would like to try camivill's suggestion about deadening the hollow area between the dash and engine, though.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
noooo, not an old thread, there is some really perfect information there. Of course tires make the biggest difference but it doesn't address the REAL quietness of the interior. stuffing foam in places is like 80% of it. It is almost spring and warm enough to work on the car again. I did a really good trunk isolation and about ready to tackle the rest of the interior.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:34 AM
What was the most effective upgrade? I don't think i'll have the time to deaden my entire Fit, but would like to see some modest improvements to my daily driver.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
Do the trunk.

Old 11-27-2018, 04:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JohnpaulX
What was the most effective upgrade? I don't think i'll have the time to deaden my entire Fit, but would like to see some modest improvements to my daily driver.
Take a look here, some really great info. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...dproofing.html