2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

interior dash trim kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 04:31 PM
interior dash trim kit

Name:  DSCF6431.jpg
Views: 2713
Size:  136.3 KB

Name:  DSCF6432.jpg
Views: 1451
Size:  119.9 KB

I bought this kit from CARiD. This was the mini kit. I'm glad I only bought the small kit because I only used some of the pieces. overall I am happy with it. It gives a little class to the fit. This was a 2d kit...it comes flat and must be conformed. I started to add pieces around the side vents and it was too much and I only wanted to add a touch...in this case in a small car like the fit, less is more. The pieces that were ment to go around the window controls looked cheap. A 3d kit would look great on these areas, however the 2d doesn't...trust me. the cost was around $80 and this is the newport burl. It takes around two weeks to have it made and shipped. The pics make it look a little lighter than in person. I prefer my fit with it than without. I didn't like all the silver color added to the fits dash and this helped to tone it down and add a look of luxury to to the fit. I highly recommend adding a trim kit...just not the whole kit.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered their carbon fiber mini kit. I did not use all the pieces because it was overkill. I did the side vents, but chose not to do the steering wheel and speedometer.

I got the black/blue carbon fiber and it blends in well with the Fit's upholstery and cloth door trim

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums - sooznd's Album: Interior Carbon Fiber Trim

Last edited by sooznd; 03-26-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Its an inexpensive way to transform and personalize your fit. I had a hard time deciding what to get...almost bought the orange carbon fiber. Sooznd you should show some pics of the blue.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:37 PM
could you clarify what a the 3d model would look like? very interested in this. also is that real carbon fiber, that would be a deal breaker for me if it wasn't.

Last edited by EvoFit; 03-26-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kirinzon
Its an inexpensive way to transform and personalize your fit. I had a hard time deciding what to get...almost bought the orange carbon fiber. Sooznd you should show some pics of the blue.

krinzon you can click on the link below to see my other photos.

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums - sooznd's Album: Interior Carbon Fiber Trim

evofit- I was wondering the difference between 2d & 3d, too. If you click on the materials graphic on the carid site it says it is real carbon fiber.

REMIN® - W/O Navigation, Mini Kit, 24 Pcs. - 2010 Honda Fit Dash Kit

Last edited by sooznd; 03-27-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member
I think they really set off the interior

mine

Name:  009-4.jpg
Views: 1113
Size:  59.1 KBName:  007-2.jpg
Views: 1252
Size:  49.0 KB

Old 03-27-2011, 08:22 AM
A 3d kit is formed to fit the exact area of a specific vehicle. Most areas on the fit are flat and a 2d kit looks awesome and looks the same as a 3d kit. The place I didn't care for was around the window adjustments because it doesn't wrap over the edge and make a nice finished look. A 3d piece would fit these areas perfect.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kirinzon
A 3d kit is formed to fit the exact area of a specific vehicle. Most areas on the fit are flat and a 2d kit looks awesome and looks the same as a 3d kit. The place I didn't care for was around the window adjustments because it doesn't wrap over the edge and make a nice finished look. A 3d piece would fit these areas perfect.
My piece curved over the end nicely. Sorry no pic.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Black3star- you can see a bit of the driver side window controls in your photo- looks as though it covers similarly to the carbon fiber I installed. It would have been better-but more difficult to install if it was a bit wider and wrapped over the narro black plastic area that was not covered.

I have a Subaru wagon that has burlwood trim as part of the trim package-- it is done very minimally in only a few spots- around the door handles and tranny

Old 03-28-2011, 11:44 AM
i don't see an option for a 3d kit from the above link

Old 03-28-2011, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
From what I can tell all the dash kits made for the Fit are "2d"
CarId has the best prices-- you can either order the "Remin" brand kit packages or the Sherwood brand. I wish the Remin mini kit had pieces for trim around the door handles- the Sherwood kit has that, but cost quite a bit more and they don't have as big a selection in carbon fiber colors

2010 Honda Fit Wood Grain Dash Kits | Carbon Fiber

Old 03-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Carid doesn't specify if its 2d or 3d, but they are 2d kits. Where I found out about 3d kits was by going to reminusa.com the maker of the trim. Currently the remin site is under construction. They have some awesome pics on that site. I'm sure they make it for the fit, but not sure of a seller.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:42 PM
VERY tempting. you guys should take more pictures. expecially you sooznd. seeing as how i'm probably just probably going to go with regular carbon fiber to match what i just bought. eaither this trim kit or i might just save and buy carbon trim stuff from AJR.

Last edited by EvoFit; 03-28-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
EvoFit

I like how the carbon fiber trim fits nicely on the steering wheel in your photo- that is 3d! You can also buy some carbon fiber trim from places that sell Honda accessories for the window controls, steering wheel visor & vents that would match that too.

Honda Interior Trim: Meter Trim Fit - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

The piece of trim for the steering wheel that comes with the Remin kit is not as nice & leaves too much of the silver plastic showing. I decided not to use it. I also did not like the pieces that fit around the speedometer gauges and did not use them either.

Here's a few more shots:

Closeup of the blue/black carbon fiber:

passenger right rear window controls

trans surround

radio unit

Last edited by sooznd; 03-29-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Carbon fiber -only a few trim pieces are available from Honda -it is 3d, comes only in one color (carbon fiber) for the GE models. You can get it in solid blue and red for the GD.

Nice looking, but pricey

H and A - Accessories.com (Honda and Acura - Accessories)

Old 03-29-2011, 10:48 AM
If you have the money a 3d kit is the way to go. I was dissapointed that all the silver wasn't covered by the kit on my steering wheel...one of the reasons I ordered the kit was to cover that up. When I was ordering mine I couldn't find any examples of a fit with the trim installed...I found one pic that had a solid factory silver color which wasn't much help. If anyone knows where you can buy a remin 3d kit for the fit please post...I think they make it, but I can't find a seller.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Kirinzon-It would be great if you could custom order certain pieces instead of entire kits--none of the kits seem to have all of the items I want to use--and they have pieces I do not want--would have to order all 3 to get everything I wanted. Guess we will have to wait for the ReminUsa site to be up to see about 3d kits for the Fit

Old 03-29-2011, 04:49 PM
My kit was suppose to be a Remin kit but I was sent a Wow trim kit...maybe the wow trim is made by remin. wowtrim.com claims to make a 3d kit...they call it a molded kit. I would like trim just around the door handles, window controls and a piece that fits exact to the steering wheel. I want a set of clazzios and carbon fiber window pillars before I spend more on interior trim. Those companies are the manufatures and I don't think you can order from them directly. The thing to do would be to email or live chat with carid and see what they say about buying a specific piece and if they can get 3d trim.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:56 PM
I would be interested in picking up the radio piece, really all I want.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:11 PM
thanks for the reply sooznd expecially for the close up pictures. i don't really like the OE stuff from honda, because aside from the b pillars the stuff isn't really carbon fiber and looks extremely fake and tacky.

i'll just probably order the meter visor trim pieces and vent pieces from AJ racing. as seen here. pricey but i can deal with it.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/aj-r...on-pieces.html

what i'm really looking for is the window switch trim along with the little gray circle piece that goes around my manual sift stick, and a 3d face plate that isn't made for the navi.

Quick Reply: interior dash trim kit