2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

My stereo install...what I learned (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
My stereo install...what I learned (pics)

Huge thanks to Fit4Spl and jookybananna for all the advice in getting me through my 1st audio install!

This is probably very basic stuff for those who have done such a thing before…but for any 1st time DIY’s I thought it might help. (Pics are at the bottom)

What I bought from Crutchfield and installed:

Pioneer FH-P8000BT
Sound Ordnance™ B-8PT
Polk Audio DXi 650s x 2 sets

What I learned (sorry I didn't take pics during install)

Receiver: Pretty easy w/ a little patience and some calls to Crutchfield about connecting wires. I wasn't happy at all w/ the Metra kit (bad color and fit). So I ordered the Honda navi dash kit. I also did the hazard button while I was in there. The mic for my Bluetooth phone connection was simply run up from under the dash slipped under the side airbag panel and then pushed up under the headliner.

What you would need for the install:

· receiver
· wiring harness
· jdm hazard button
· antenna adapter
· OEM Honda Navi dash (Model Year: 2009-2011) - 77251-TF0-G01ZA /a long screwdriver to get the 1 screw under the OEM radio (Model Year: 2012 +) 77251-TK6-A01ZB
· OEM Honda Navi bracket - 77255-TF0-000
· Metra kit for the Honda Pilot for the faceplate surround (metra 95-7861)

A great resource for this: DIY (GE): Parts needed for aftermarket double-DIN stereo

Speakers: Easy, only patience testers were mounting the speaker brackets and trimming out the inside of the panel w/ a razor blade around the speaker in order to ensure good clearance for the new speaker.

· Speakers
· Mounting brackets
· Wiring adapters
· Razor blade
· Drill

A great resource for this: Fit4Spl Stereo Install Log

Sub: Toughest part was getting through the firewall. The location that Fit4Spl used worked for me. It’s best to go ahead and remove the battery and airbox. It’s easy to get through after that w/ a coat hanger and tape. I used the wire cover from Crutchfield to protect the power wire and keep the engine bay looking OEM. I sealed the grommet w/ silicon afterwards. I ran all of my wires down the driver’s side kick panels and used a cable consolidator in the back where the wires connect to the sub to keep it clean. I then cut a small “x” in the back of the cargo liner in order to keep the wires nice coming out of the back of the sub. I used 3m mounts to keep the sub from moving around and to mount the volume control for the sub.

· Sub
· Sub wiring kit
· Razor blade
· Cable consolidator
· Coat hanger
· Electrical tape
· Silicon
· 3m mounts (usually for hanging pictures)

A great resource for this: Fit4Spl Stereo Install Log 2009 and 2010 Honda Fit 1.5L Air Intake Installation

The results:

Last edited by lowkeymods; 05-11-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Looks good. Also, FYI for anyone running 4ga or smaller, there is a grommet in the driverside kick panel area next to the hood release cable. It is easy to get to if you pull down the fender liner. It can also easily be enlarged with a drill or Greenlee punch like I used, but a 4ga wire fits perfectly through the stock grommet and is a heck of a lot easier to get too than the one on the firewall.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
nice install!
that is an interesting sub woofer, so compact
how is it? i was thinking of a 8" bazooka tube since they are quite small, but yours looks smaller, and if its good sounding bass then i can have more trunk space

Old 09-20-2011, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
Nice and clean! Very good install

Old 09-20-2011, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
That sub is intended to fit under the seats of most vehicles. I measured and it was tight but looked like it would fit...didn't account for the cables comming out the side It has a nice sound after adjusting it, but I wouldn't say it's amazing. It's good for the price, although I have nothing to compare it to as I've never run subs before. If you were creative it actually sits pretty snug against the indentation on the right pannel of the trunk, you'd just have to figure out how to anchor it and not have it vibrate the plastic.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:54 PM
this is a very helpful post. i vote for a sticky.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks man. I've been waiting for a good pic of how the factory nav kit looks with the pilot surround. I can't wait to do the same.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Okay gotcha.. So I was looking into the other option of getting a head unit where BT is built in.. I can get these units for as little as 50 bucks.. What's your take on the pros and cons of each...? Since considering it sounds like you already had to rip out some paneling and covers to get it installed...

Old 12-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator
i like the area where u routed the mic to. did u route the wire under the door insulation or near the windshield?