2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

amp power cable - where through firewall?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 03:49 PM
amp power cable - where through firewall?

hey guys, i have been searching and searching for a way to get the power cable for my amp from the battery through the firewall. i know there are some posts here but none really got me where i needed to go. i've found a gromet above the gas pedal and managed to get a hanger through but thats it, no idea how to get the cable through.

Also my challenge is to send it from the battery to the inside and not visa versa because the amp wiring kit i got already has the fuse installed so i need to start in the engine compartment.

i have a 2010 fit sport. any suggestions for me? this is a real pain right now.

Thank you for your help

Old 06-02-2012, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Hangers are a pain try using a speedometer cable instead. Can u see this groment from the engine compartment? If so run the speedometer cable out & tape the 4Ga. power cable and run it under the carpet by the doors. There have been a few really detailed DIY pics here on this subject. We have a couple of gifted installers here too. I remember 1 guy made a mid and tweet setup in the where the front 1/4 glass is. And there is a custom 10" sub molded @ the rear P.S. by the hatch I think someone was going to start making this for sale.
Welcome to FF's and enjoy your ride!
Big Mike

Old 06-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Thank you very much for your reply.I don't have a speedometer cable handily available, is this something cheap I can pick up? This gromet above the gaspedal is a pain so I wanted to see if anyone else had some recommendations.

Once I got everything wired I plan on building a stealth subbox for the hatchs, but I want to get the cabling done first as it appears to be more of a pain

Thanks

Old 06-08-2012, 02:13 PM
I ran my power cable yesterday. What a pain! I used the location from Fit4spl's install log.

I used a fairly beefy metal coat hanger. I cut a 45 degree angle on the front of the hanger to give it some sharpness and slowly worked it through the grommet. Once it poked through above the gas pedal about an inch I was able to grab it with some pliers far enough to get my hands on it. Then begins a fun game of tug of war...

Old 06-09-2012, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fatchops
I ran my power cable yesterday. What a pain! I used the location from Fit4spl's install log.

I used a fairly beefy metal coat hanger. I cut a 45 degree angle on the front of the hanger to give it some sharpness and slowly worked it through the grommet. Once it poked through above the gas pedal about an inch I was able to grab it with some pliers far enough to get my hands on it. Then begins a fun game of tug of war...

This is exactly how I ran mine yesterday (after removing the complete airebox and battery)....Its tight but it is clean. I made a slit in the main wire harness grommet being very careful not to cut any exsisting wiring. I just pulled the wire through the hole to my Polk Audio PA330 under my drivers seat.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:24 AM
i have an 07 fit can anyone tell me where i can run a power wire through without drilling?

Old 03-22-2017, 01:39 PM
Video

Hello, can anyone post a video of how to pass the power wire through the firewall? I can't see any place. Thank you

Old 03-30-2018, 03:48 AM
Was this rubber you've found under the scuttle panel with the wiper mechanism or is it further down