2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Aries Floor Liners/Mats

Old 02-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, I found a picture of the hard felt (right of gas pedal), never mind the arrow as i cut it to allow full gas pedal throw.

Attached Thumbnails Aries Floor Liners/Mats-1-80-80_picture_php_pictureid_8129_14b6cd8cf96e374b1f253bb3812c5b383b05239c_e1714bc73dee8f73dc1a.jpg  
Old 02-18-2016, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Been meaning to look into this whole "no WOT" capability with the mats and just never use WOT to notice to be honest. Will have to see if they've updated the mat to fix this issue.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone have an issue with the driver heel mat separating from the main mat? Basically where my heel sits it started to separate and I've maybe put 3k miles on the mats.

And just realized that I did not register my mats within the 90 day "window"...=/

Last edited by shinjari; 09-07-2016 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:16 PM
The folks at Weathertech are sitting back and laughing at this thread. I hate how expensive their liners are, but no one else seems to be capable of replicating their simple product and their customer service practices. Why is it so hard? I've been to their HQ in Chicagoland, and they are making serious money on freaking floor mats.

Dan

Old 09-11-2016, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
Well Aries3D Customer Service got back to me and they are replacing my driver mat. Not sure why you think they have terrible customer service Danimal92sport?

I mean weathertech has been doing this for a while, new companies are learning from their failures. I used weathertech visors before and they are a great product. just didn't care for their mats because they are rubber. If I lived somewhere where it snows or something they make sense, but in SoCal no so much. So in the end it comes down to balance of performance/functionality and looks. Both are water resistant and easy to clean so in the end its just looks that made my decision.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by shinjari
Well Aries3D Customer Service got back to me and they are replacing my driver mat. Not sure why you think they have terrible customer service Danimal92sport?

I mean weathertech has been doing this for a while, new companies are learning from their failures. I used weathertech visors before and they are a great product. just didn't care for their mats because they are rubber. If I lived somewhere where it snows or something they make sense, but in SoCal no so much. So in the end it comes down to balance of performance/functionality and looks. Both are water resistant and easy to clean so in the end its just looks that made my decision.
It's good to hear that they are replacing the mat. I never said I thought they had terrible customer service, but based on the earlier posts in this thread - it seemed like their service didn't match that of WeatherTech.

I'm not rooting against them - I'm just continually surprised at how WeatherTech dominates the market with what I believe to be insane profit margins on their products.

Dan

Old 09-11-2016, 07:07 PM
I've seen a little gap on my passenger's mat and my drivers mat center "design" is coming off .. I've had the mats for a couple months now, should I run to their Customer Service and have them replaced?

Old 09-12-2016, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
Cajlog, by center design you mean that little mat thing on the driver mat?

If thats true that is what was happening to me. I contacted them through their website "contact us" form about a warranty issue last week. They replied a few days later asking for pictures of the problem, my info and what model vehicle. This morning they said they were shipping me a new set of BOTH front mats at no cost to me.

=)

Old 09-12-2016, 06:48 PM
Cajlog, by center design you mean that little mat thing on the driver mat?

If thats true that is what was happening to me. I contacted them through their website "contact us" form about a warranty issue last week. They replied a few days later asking for pictures of the problem, my info and what model vehicle. This morning they said they were shipping me a new set of BOTH front mats at no cost to me.

=)
Exactly!

In this case, I will be doing the same.

Old 09-13-2016, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah here are pics of my driver mat. These are what I sent in and they approved my claim.

Basically since my car is manual my heels sit at both those edges. If they moved the mat up a bit it probably would minimize/avoid this issue.

Attached Thumbnails Aries Floor Liners/Mats-20160909_145451-1024x1365.jpg   Aries Floor Liners/Mats-20160909_145514-1280x960.jpg  
Old 09-13-2016, 09:11 PM
Yeah here are pics of my driver mat. These are what I sent in and they approved my claim.

Basically since my car is manual my heels sit at both those edges. If they moved the mat up a bit it probably would minimize/avoid this issue.
That's the same thing happening to me, also my passenger side mat has an imperfection. I sent a request through their website and I'm positive they will eventually get back to me..........

Old 09-27-2016, 06:35 PM
Received my replacement set today, my old set had the little mat on the drive peeling off and a imperfection on the passengers side.

The new set doesn't say ARIES 3D like my old one, only ARIES. There are not imperfections on the passenger's side and the driver side is a little more "adjustable".

I was no charged for this replacement, I will test the product for the upcoming weeks and see if I have any issues with it.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Awesome to hear they took care of your Caljog. My new mats are still in their box lol.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:50 PM
Hi, I've been reading a lot of responses on here on what kind of mats are best for the Honda Fit and I know I want custom fit ones like the Aries or Huskyliners but I've seen on eBay some off brand mats from China that are custom fit but I'm hesitant on buying them. I like the price better but I was wondering if anyone has ever bought any from there and your opinion on them?

Old 08-05-2017, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
I post this opinion and inevitably get roasted by WeatherTech supporters.
My last vehicle I spent quite a bit for a full set of WeatherTech digital fit liners.

Yes, they fit great. Yes they provided fantastic protection. But overall? I wasn't particularly happy with them.
I got the light gray color, which also looked great when clean. BUT...they scuffed up so easy, and showed any or all dirt almost immediately.
Cleaning may of been somewhat easy, but I was constantly pulling them out to clean them off.

In contrast, I currently have the HONDA OEM all weather mats in my Fit. The coverage is not nearly as complete. I'm not thrilled with that reality. BUT..the rubber nature of the mats, seem to resist scuffing and hide a certain amount of dirt. I don't have to pull them out every 2nd or 3rd day and clean them.

I think eventually I will upgrade my mats. But I think next time I'm going to try Huskies. The WeatherTech's are expensive and the material...a vinyl like composite?, IMO is hard to maintain if you have a daily driver and choose a color outside of black.

LOL! I almost felt like the digital fit liners, were great as floor mats, if you had just cleaned them, and were putting your car in a car show. But they just were so hard to maintain in regular usage.

Last edited by fitchet; 08-05-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member

yep, EXACTLY what happened to the Aries or watever it was called one i had too.

there is no comparison, just get the husky or weathertech.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
yep, EXACTLY what happened to the Aries or watever it was called one i had too.

there is no comparison, just get the husky or weathertech.

Yeah with my next car *cough* civic hatch sport *cough*...I either plan to get the OEM high wall all weather mats or the weathertech/huskies. I like the OEM design, but dont like that there is nothing behind the gas pedal so dirt/water/etc can still get under the mat.

While the Aries mats did fit, were easy to clean and had great customer service, the mats were a bit on the slippery side even when dry.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:00 PM
+1 for the WeatherTechs. We have those in our Prius and they're awesome! Super sturdy, easy to clean, and high-walled. Keeps everything looking shipshape!