2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'09ers Unite

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
so why are you here then? THIS IS AN ENTHUSIAST SITE!

your analogies really don't make much sense. i bet when my dad bought his first GTO back in the 60's, people said the same thing about "it's not a race car"....now look at them. I am sure they weren't built back then for "race". but yeah, time went on and what do you know, motor swaps came, stroker kits came, blowers came, gearing came.....i guess i can stop.

you're so close minded and imagination less.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
so why are you here then? THIS IS AN ENTHUSIAST SITE!

your analogies really don't make much sense. i bet when my dad bought his first GTO back in the 60's, people said the same thing about "it's not a race car"....now look at them. I am sure they weren't built back then for "race". but yeah, time went on and what do you know, motor swaps came, stroker kits came, blowers came, gearing came.....i guess i can stop.

you're so close minded and imagination less.
I disagree with you, but like I said if your happy I'm happy for you. Your obviously a young kid whom hasn't had the privilege of driving a proper race car. Rear wheel drive is the way to go. Study physics and you'll see why. Even better drive RWD and you'll see why. In my opinion a GTO is still a pony car good for straight lines not a proper race car. However if you like throwing the pig around a corner good on you. You can make them handle with enough money. You are slightly misinformed. GTO stand for Gran Turismo Omologato. In other words homogolated for GT class. It was designed as a street race car. Look it up before you start making personal attacks like a child. The analogy was clear, and an exageration that most people are intelligent enough to infer the meaning from, even though they may disagree. Your post is invalid. Enjoy you fit, and good luck with any future performance you seek.

Last edited by MPGASAP; 08-27-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
33 years old....maybe young i guess in comparison to others.

ANYTHING can be what you want it to be with money. Most of us here enjoy seeing what we can make out of something. Sure...it would be nice to buy a Porsche 911 GT4, but i personally find more enjoyment out of seeing what can be done.

you can have this thread back.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
useless post... sorry for whoring

Last edited by GD3_Wagoon; 08-27-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: la-di-daa...
Old 08-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by MPGASAP
I disagree with you, but like I said if your happy I'm happy for you. Your obviously a young kid whom hasn't had the privilege of driving a proper race car. Rear wheel drive is the way to go. Study physics and you'll see why. Even better drive RWD and you'll see why. In my opinion a GTO is still a pony car good for straight lines not a proper race car. However if you like throwing the pig around a corner good on you. You can make them handle with enough money. You are slightly misinformed. GTO stand for Gran Turismo Omologato. In other words homogolated for GT class. It was designed as a street race car. Look it up before you start making personal attacks like a child. The analogy was clear, and an exageration that most people are intelligent enough to infer the meaning from, even though they may disagree. Your post is invalid. Enjoy you fit, and good luck with any future performance you seek.
You are stinking up this thread. Let it go man.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ProMed
You are stinking up this thread. Let it go man.

ok my bad. i like fit. fit people good. 07 08 09 all good.

Last edited by MPGASAP; 08-27-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MPGASAP
I didn't review it as a minivan. Edmunds did.
First Drive: 2009 Honda Fit

As for keeping up, trying to make a fit "fast" is like polishing a turd.

That's why you buy sports cars for sport, and economy cars for economy. Good luck reaching that 200hp!

Seriously though both fits are a great value, some what fun to drive, and amazingly utilitarian. Oh and damn slow.
I never said my Fit was "fast", I simply hinted you would have trouble keeping up in a minivan or 09. May I remind you that you were touting the performance of the new Fit and saying the old one is comparable to a minivan which is worlds away from the truth and therefore prompted my response.

I think you underestimate the Fit to be honest, it is a very fun car to drive and even without putting 200hp in it it can be quite quick. I compete with cars that generally have double, triple or even quadruple the power of mine and I can keep up and post great times... given more seat time the limiting factor to winning is a few more mods to max out my class and more importantly driver skill.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
This thread is going to be closed and a warning given to everyone.

It doesn't matter who started what, or who thinks their position is supported by more factual data or not. Bickering is useless and wasteful and leads to hard feelings and e-thuging.

This forum is not the place for a pissing contest. Everyone, stop taking posts so personally and stop retaliating.

I am reminded of an on old proverb: "An answer when mild, turns away rage."

Just because the other person might be immature and ill-informed, even ignorant, it's only going to turn into an argument and escalate if you respond with verbal abuse.

Stop fighting. Or hit the door.

Peace and chicken grease.