2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unlock my doors, please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 06:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mg10461
I want to disable to auto lock (2009 Fit Sport). I don't want it to automatically lock ever. It should be in the manual but I can't find it. Help would be much appreciated.
Why? It is a safety feature both to prevent anyone entering car and helps keep doors closed in event of a crash.

I suppose you could go into door panel and disconnect the wiring there.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
disable auto lock

Because I am perfectly capable of locking the car when I get in when I am ready to.

Some reasons not to have auto lock - turn the car on to warm up and get 3 ft of snow off it - car is locked. We both drive the one car and travel a lot, so the the other key is not always in the house. If I am at work, also no extra key. The extra keys are a lot of $$$ to buy and program.

If I get the dog, my father with AD and my child in the car all settled and the key is in the car (obviously to cool or warm the car on bad days) I would not like to lock them in either.

Does anyone know how to turn off the autolock function ?

Old 04-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by mg10461
Because I am perfectly capable of locking the car when I get in when I am ready to.

Some reasons not to have auto lock - turn the car on to warm up and get 3 ft of snow off it - car is locked. We both drive the one car and travel a lot, so the the other key is not always in the house. If I am at work, also no extra key. The extra keys are a lot of $$$ to buy and program.

If I get the dog, my father with AD and my child in the car all settled and the key is in the car (obviously to cool or warm the car on bad days) I would not like to lock them in either.

Does anyone know how to turn off the autolock function ?
The automatic locking only happens when the car is shifted into gear and gets moving faster than a few miles per hour (with the manual transmission; with the automatic, it may be when it is shifted out of park). It won't happen with the car just sitting there parked and running.

If you have the car in gear while you're clearing snow off of the outside, you have much bigger potential problems than just getting locked out.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DrewE
The automatic locking only happens when the car is shifted into gear and gets moving faster than a few miles per hour (with the manual transmission; with the automatic, it may be when it is shifted out of park). It won't happen with the car just sitting there parked and running.
Correct and same with an automatic.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
OK - then there is something wrong with my autolock because I have been sitting in the driveway (in park E brake on but car running) and programming my gps or taking a call or whatever and the car automatically locks. I have a 2009 sport, and I did buy in a private sale, not new from a dealer, so is it possible to program the autolock so that it does that (and if so, how would I fix it) or is is something wrong with the autolock?

Old 04-30-2013, 12:21 AM
Ok. My 2013 was set to lock all doors at a certain speed and when parked unlock the drivers door. I read the manual and changed it so all doors unlock when parked. My question is how do I unlock all doors when I press the remote once? I don't want to press the remote twice. Actually I have Compustar installed and when I changed the locking settings the remote stopped working. Reprogrammed it and now the remote start and unlock works, but the lock/arm don't. I sent a mail to an install to ask him the questions.

What I really want to know is how to press the unlock button once to unlock all doors? TIA

Old 08-15-2015, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Why? It is a safety feature both to prevent anyone entering car and helps keep doors closed in event of a crash.

I suppose you could go into door panel and disconnect the wiring there.
WHY? Because it is an unbelievable pain in the neck, as you leave the vehicle to open the hatch and then you have to go back to the front door to unlock everything. I can see it inner cities but when you live in a good place where locking everything is not necessary, it is nothing but a pain.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:23 PM
I don't want something else to control when the doors lock, I want to lock the door when I want them locked and only then. A car is not smarter than me, I can decide for myself how I want to handle locked or unlocked doors. In fact, as stated above the auto dock lock is a MAJOR nuisance. This feature is the ONLY thing about the car I don't like, the rest is phenomenal.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
You want to drive with doors unlocked and no seat belts? Seems dumb.
Yes doors UNLOCKED, puleeze!

Old 08-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
Thanks for the help. I had the same feeling that it was one of the few things I really didn't like about the Fit.

For me, it took waiting til the third beep and pulled the key immediately.

Thanks again!

Cool I am going to try that right now.

Just did and now the doors and hatch all open once stopped and turn engine off. That is MUCH better.

Last edited by Wout; 08-15-2015 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:04 PM
I am able to get only 2 clicks when pressing and holding lock, but not able to get 3.
When I try to hold lock, I only get 1 click no matter how long I hold the button.

Is there something different on my 2013 Fit Sport AT that I don't know about? Is anyone else having this problem.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:14 PM
bex
5 Year Member
Does this work for cars without the central locking master button but locks all doors thru the door lock in the handle? I have a 2008 GE6 Fit...JDM direct from Japan. Want to autolock the doors at 9MPH as well.

Old 05-29-2022, 10:46 PM
This works

Originally Posted by Whats A Fit?
I talked to the salesman that did mine and heres what he said...
Turn car off
Put in park
Pull up ebrake
Turn key to ON position
Hold unlock until you hear 3 clicks
this works, thank you!