2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargo liner for '09 Fit when seats down

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
looked into this?

AutoSport Catalog - Hexomat Custom-Fit Mats and Liners 800-953-0814

says its not yet available but I guessing soon, and at 44 bucks its worth it I bet...
The Hexomat does look as if it would work as well as the more expensive and harder to get Asian mat. This is on my want list.

At least you and I don't have kortnie's winter weather to pt up with--- barring the occasional CA monsoon. At least no 20' snow drifts. Autosport is one of my favorite car accessory vendors.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:16 PM
i almost got the hexomat thingy. then i read that this stuff smell really nasty. must be some toxic fumes.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
The Hexomat doesn't cover the back of the rear seats. The goal is to cover the entire cargo area while the seats are down.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by robodude
The Hexomat doesn't cover the back of the rear seats. The goal is to cover the entire cargo area while the seats are down.
I thought that might be the case. The $40.00 price that was mentioned seems like about what the cargo/trunk area would cost, not the entire flat floor

Old 11-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by kortnie
Thanks! I bought it.

I just bought one too . . .

Old 11-13-2008, 09:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aenokea
I was thinking of picking it up too but I wasnt sure if it would work with the cargo shelf that I installed.
ebay also?

I was looking at that sellers other items and they've got some nice JDM access parts. The cargo mat, led side mirrors, chrome door handle guards, and the JDM hazzard are definately on my xmas list.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
I just grabbed one from ebay too. If the auction isn't listed, send a message to the buyer from one that has ended. They will relist another one.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
Here's something called Elemmat that I found via an eBay listing. Any feedback on it?
2009 Honda Fit Full Area Back Mat (NEW!)

Old 11-16-2008, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kortnie
Thanks! I bought it.

picsssss

Old 11-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by HuskyBoy
Here's something called Elemmat that I found via an eBay listing. Any feedback on it?
2009 Honda Fit Full Area Back Mat (NEW!)
thanks for the link. haven't seen it before so probably very new. on the other hand, why can't we get a big piece of rubber and cut to size like this? also the seat back piece is one-piece right? won't help if you need to split the seat (but can easily be cut i guess).

Old 11-16-2008, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
i picked up a rubber and carpet mat (with a waffle pattern), at Lowe's in the carpet/rug department where they keep the thick mats for standing on in a shop. It's black and the carpet material is kinda' industrial grade. It fits the back area almost perfectly and easily folds over when the seats are up. It is easy to just roll up when not needed. It is labeled "Commercial Grade Entrance Mat" the bar code is 0 86364 02324 4..... 3' X 4'

Last edited by phasfit; 11-17-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
Got my cargo mat today from Japan. Fits perfect!

Old 11-23-2008, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
That's what's up!!!!!!! Congrats!!! Quite possibly the first US Fit with that installed. I would've bought it too, if I my car was here.

You gotta post pics once installed, or even a DIY.
It just arrived on Thursday! Yay!

Sure, I'll try to get some pictures during the process. I'm working on final projects right now (yay school), so it might be another week or so before I can do it. Definitely before Christmas. =/

Old 11-23-2008, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
The Hexomat does look as if it would work as well as the more expensive and harder to get Asian mat. This is on my want list.

At least you and I don't have kortnie's winter weather to pt up with--- barring the occasional CA monsoon. At least no 20' snow drifts. Autosport is one of my favorite car accessory vendors.
lol! We don't have a heated garage either.
Regardless of the weather, I'm hoping to install the cargo liner next weekend. I have a cargo cover as well (which I have not yet installed), so I'll be sure to let y'all know how it goes.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by robodude
Got my cargo mat today from Japan. Fits perfect!
How was the install?
Do you have a cargo cover as well? --Any issues with the cargo cover and the cargo mat?

Last edited by kortnie; 11-24-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:52 AM
Mine arrived on Thursday as well! I finally 'instaled' it! Of course, the instructions are in Japaneese, so I can't READ what they say. The diagrams are pretty straightforward, though. Sorry, but it's too dark and cold to take photos tonight!

I can't say I'm ecstatic over the mats. I guess I was thinking I'd be getting something more like a replacement for the 'carpet' and it would look really tight. They are pretty thin--and when i first opened them, I thought it would do exactly what I wanted.

However, they don't fit or stay in place as good as I had hoped.
  • I think you are supposed to cut the mats where the tie down latches are. There is a little diagram showing scissors--but I haven't done that yet.
  • The mats go over the uneven plastic ridges on the floor (near the L and R sides), so the mat could never lay perfectly flat.
  • They don't seem to fit around the headrest very well. I can't tell if it's supposed to tuck under the headrest (when they are down) or not. Maybe the JDM rear headrests are different and they fit that version better! It may require some trimming.
  • Perhaps this is just how a CARGO MAT fits--and my expectations were off?
Well, I do like it much better than the "waterproof cargo mat" my Dad had in his Subaru. That was thick plastic, and had a big 'lip' around it (good to contain huge spills), but when the seats were down, if you put something big back there, it crushed the lip.

I think if I put a few pieces of velcro in some strategic places it will stay in place better. I may have to do some trimming to get the look I want. I'm even considering tucking it down and attaching it to the bottom of the 'cardboard' floor--the part that comes up to give access to the spare tire. If I do that, it certainly won't contain a spill--but I don't think it is designed to do that anyway.

I'll try go get some photos up soon!

Old 11-24-2008, 01:07 AM
RE: elemmat

I bought, and just received, elemmats for the 2009 Fit. I am happy with them so far. They are a two piece set. One piece stays permanently in the back. The second piece rolls up compactly and is tied when not in use (when the seats are up) using an included velcro strap.

They are not thick, which was a plus for me, since they have not been hard to manipulate when in use and roll up fairly compactly when not in use, but they look and feel sturdy. They have a non-slip patttern on the back, and I didn't notice problems with slipping in my first use.

The mat does cover some of the tie-up points, which is not an issue for me. I'm just planning to peel back the mat edge to expose the tie-up point(s), if/when needed. One could also cut into the mat if it really bugged you.

I have heard a few complaints about service in some forums. I think most of the complaints are due to the elemmat.com page having a dead link for email information. The correct email address is murdockindustrial@yahoo.com . Once I got to the correct link, by calling the 800 number, I found customer service responsive.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Installation took all of 5 minutes and that's from opening the box to closing the back door.

The instructions are in Japanese but the illustrations are adequate. But even without illustrations I don't see how you could screw this one up.

First you have to fold the seat down. Then line up the mats with the back of the seat and press the Velcro down a bit. Finally, lift the headrest up and run the strap around the post and you're done.

The liner that goes in the regular cargo area doesn't seem to have enough Velcro or any for that matter. I'm afraid it could move but I haven't loaded anything to test it.

If you want to use the tie downs you'll need to cut holes though the liner, but the material is thin enough so its easier to just fold it out of the way.

The cargo mat is completely flat with no lip...it's just a mat to protect the back of the seats when hauling stuff. It's waterproof enough to carry something damp but not wet as anything spill off can easily run off the mat and on to the seats.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Questions for those who installed the OEM Honda cargo mat already/

Does the cargo mat color match the interior of the car?

I know it's thin, but do you think that this will puncture easily?

Would any of you who installed this also buy the Cargo Tray for extra coverage/protection?

Old 11-24-2008, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
Does the cargo mat color match the interior of the car?

I know it's thin, but do you think that this will puncture easily?

Would any of you who installed this also buy the Cargo Tray for extra coverage/protection?
It matches my sport perfectly. I'm not sure about the base but the sport seat backs and carpet are black which is the same as the mat. Actually the mat is a dark gray...not quite as back as the carpet but its about as black rubber will get without polish.

It doesn't feel like it'll puncture easily but I've only had it a few days now. Time will tell. It's a thin rubber mat in case you're wondering what material is used.

I won't buy the tray. I don't see the point of using both.

Quick Reply: Cargo liner for '09 Fit when seats down