2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda Access Waterproof Cargo Mat Pics and Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Honda Access Waterproof Cargo Mat Pics and Opinion

Well I ended up purchasing the Honda Access Waterproof Cargo Mat from eBay, which a link for has been posted a time or two on these forums. I wasn't patient enough for January to arrive to order from JDM_DOHC_SiR

The mat really consists of three pieces: One for each seat and one to cover the normal cargo area (when the seats are up). The two seat portions attach with velcro and have a handle where the headrests are - I assume they go around the headrests to help keep the mat in place. They also are a bit longer than the seat so you can have the larger cargo piece overlap so there isn't any gap from the seats to the back. The seat portions also have a small velcro strip at the top inner corners to keep them together, which I found only useful if you drop both seats at the same time.

The larger piece is just placed into the back akin to how you would put your floor mats in. It does extend to the corners behind the wheel arches and, so far anyway, seems to stay in place well enough. Though, I'm not sure what would happen if you attempt to push a heavy box across it.

Anyways, have a look to see how they Fit:

I purposely resized the pictures, so apologies for those who expecting something higher quality And yes, that is a tissue box between the two front seats.

The last image shows how thin the material actually is. Mind you, it doesn't feel cheap, but I was a bit underwhelmed by the entire setup to be honest. It also made me feel like I overpayed (about $130 after shipping costs), but I also felt the same about the All-weather floor mats too. Perhaps a part of me was thinking that it would make my cargo area into the Honda Element's interior.

However, the most significant factor in my purchase was to protect the fabric in the back so I'm sure it'll do well in that regard, at least for the two days of ownership so far. I'll try to remember to give an update the next time I have to put anything large or wet in the back.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
Looks awesome dude!! Thanks for sharing! My only concern would be ripping it as I load/unload my mountain bike and the like, but hopefully it's pretty tough, and should be fine for most! Nice work!

Old 11-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Banned
[QUOTE=peanut;501930]Well I ended up purchasing the Honda Access Waterproof Cargo Mat from eBay, which a link for has been posted a time or two on these forums. I wasn't patient enough for January to arrive to order from JDM_DOHC_SiR

The mat really consists of three pieces: One for each seat and one to cover the normal cargo area (when the seats are up). The two seat portions attach with velcro and have a handle where the headrests are - I assume they go around the headrests to help keep the mat in place. They also are a bit longer than the seat so you can have the larger cargo piece overlap so there isn't any gap from the seats to the back. The seat portions also have a small velcro strip at the top inner corners to keep them together, which I found only useful if you drop both seats at the same time.

The larger piece is just placed into the back akin to how you would put your floor mats in. It does extend to the corners behind the wheel arches and, so far anyway, seems to stay in place well enough. Though, I'm not sure what would happen if you attempt to push a heavy box across it.

Anyways, have a look to see how they Fit:

I purposely resized the pictures, so apologies for those who expecting something higher quality And yes, that is a tissue box between the two front seats.

The last image shows how thin the material actually is. Mind you, it doesn't feel cheap, but I was a bit underwhelmed by the entire setup to be honest. It also made me feel like I overpayed (about $130 after shipping costs), but I also felt the same about the All-weather floor mats too. Perhaps a part of me was thinking that it would make my cargo area into the Honda Element's interior.

However, the most significant factor in my purchase was to protect the fabric in the back so I'm sure it'll do well in that regard, at least for the two days of ownership so far. I'll try to remember to give an update the next time I have to put anything large or wet in the back.

Good to share this type of information, many are finding their Fit to be a fine replacement for a mini van and larger sedan type vehicles. With well thought out packing, one can jam plenty in this car. Protecting the rear area from tears, stains, etc would be smart.

I will consider buying what you have here, in black to match my interior.

Great to see photos as well. The material looks fine and a better deal than floor mats direct from Honda. I have the all seasons and they are well....ugly. Needing a summer type mat for a cleaner look in the dry season.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the pics/review!!! +reps

Just one question, how well does the mat color match the interior?
It looks off a few shades in the pics, but it could be my eyes

Old 11-24-2008, 05:29 PM
FitStir: It matches quite well with the Sport's black interior. I took the pictures when the sun was sort of pointing directly into the car which is probably why it looks slightly off. It's pretty dark shade of gray just like all the plastics and most of the fabrics, so the color matches.

kamakurakid: These mats are actually geniune Honda goods imported from Japan. As far as I can tell, only Honda of Japan sells this accessory. Here's a link: HondabHonda AccessbFITbƒJ[ƒ‰ƒCƒtƒTƒ|[ƒg
(Link works, but just shows up all messed up for some reason)

reako: I doubt it'll rip, the material feels pretty resilient to ripping.

To tack on from my opinions, the cargo liner seems to stay in place well enough, even without any velcro or attachments. One thing I did forget to mention about the larger piece is that because our floors aren't completely flat (they rise slightly in those corner behind the wheels), there is a small gap between the floor and the mat.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Thanks peanut!!!

I appreciate you sharing your experiences with the cargo mat for the whole board to see. Now I can't wait till my car arrives, so I can install this!

Old 11-24-2008, 08:08 PM
wow this is pretty neat!

Old 11-24-2008, 09:06 PM
How much does it weigh?

/mass freak