2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infant/Child Seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 04:10 PM
I put the child seats in my Fit the same day I bought it so I could take the kids for a ride. What a peice of cake it was to install! The latch points are so easy to access that I had it all locked in within 2 minutes.

The 2006 Nissan Altima that I pulled them out of is entirely different. Total pain in the ass to get them in and out.

I continue to find new things about my Fit that I love.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:42 PM
5 month old baby girl... latch points are a breeze for either side (no support for center), but you will want to keep it on the passenger side since a newborn style seat will take up alot of room and force the front seat forward a bit, if you are medium to big sized. Once the kid graduates to the upright style seat (forward or back facing) the room will be fine for either side.

We also have a 5 year old with a car seat and my mother-in-law can actually fit in between them. LOL!

Old 02-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by reako
I'm sure you've done research and are asking for personal opinions (can't help ya there, sorry) but I do enjoy reading reviews and comparing products so I thought I would share a couple of links.

In summary, it looks like you have listed the top three car seats, so you should be more than happy with any of these. I hope others can chime in on more personal experience, but if not here are the links to the "expert" reviews:

Best Infant Car Seats - Infant Car Seats Reviews

Infant Car Seats: Consumer Guide Infant Car Seat Reviews

Good luck, and congrats!
Thanks! I'll entertain myself with those links for a bit.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
I found a car seat on woot.com - a "deal a day" website I use often and thought I would share...it's a RECARO Como 331.01.MM Convertible Carseat for $99 + $5 shipping. It's about a $50 savings vs what this model would normally sell for online. The deal will expire midnight tomorrow. Cheers!

Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM)

Old 03-01-2009, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
i use to work at babies r us n i am also certified to install carseat here in virginia. i have installed only carseat bases in the GE8 ('09 fit). The only brands that i have used are the Graco Safe Seat and the SnugRide, and the Chicco Keyfit and keyfit 30. if you have any questions, PM me and i can answer your questions for you. if you want me to test out a carseat also let me know.

fyi in virginia your not allowed to have a babies r us employee to install carseats for you cause it could cause a law suit. ive been installing them in cars for 4.5 years now but i have always done it when i am off and not on babies/toys r us property

Old 03-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by San-LC
Kazs, did you install the seat in the middle of the back seat, or on one side? The only reason I can think of to install on one side is so you can use one half of the magic seat to fold down.
The safest place for a child is the middle of the backseat. Not on one side

Old 03-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by lilaznphatboy
if you want me to test out a carseat also let me know.
Hey, thanks a lot! If I can't find a way to test a few myself, I'll def PM you.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
I think Australia (and assuming japan) has oem carseats

Old 03-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by cab0053
Apparently, we'd be a lot better off if we had them, as well. . .
Car seat tests reveal 'flaws' -- chicagotribune.com

Old 03-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Just an update in case anyone's still reading this thread. . . I went to Babies R Us and they do let you take out the floor models and try them in your car; you just have to leave your license at the desk (so bring a fake ID and get some free stuff).
I tried the Graco and the Chicco and they both fit, albeit snugly. It would be nice to have a little more room back there, but it IS possible to fit an infant seat in the back middle and still accommodate a 6'3" driver.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
my recomendation is to get a chicco carseat. when i tried installing the carseat, i noticed that the chicco carseat and base got like an extra 1-1.5 inch of free space between the handel and the seat adjusted all the way back with like a 60 degree incline to the driver seat. i know its alot of a difference but im 5'9" n i adjusted it to where the seat all set all the back for alot of leg room and a recline for me to sit comfortably

Old 03-31-2009, 12:31 AM
we've got a britax -- the larger model, i don't remember the name -- behind the passenger seat and it's fine. pretty good actually. the seat is high enough so that it's not much trouble getting my daughter (1 1/2) in and out, and the seat levels in such a way that the infant seat rests naturally. a lot of backseats have such a steep grade (so that your thighs are actually tucked up past 90 degrees relative to the hips) that car seats sit awkwardly in them. no problem here.

one issue might be that the car is so small the kid will be able to kick at the seat in front of her if behind the driver or passenger, but that's maybe unavoidable with any compact. not a problem for us because my wife's petite so the passenger seat is usually rests forward and out of leg reach.

Last edited by fellowpeon; 03-31-2009 at 12:47 AM. Reason: inattentive reading of earlier posts
Old 03-31-2009, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
I have a britax marathon car seat forward facing on the drivers side and an evenflo infant car seat rear facing on the passenger side. The britax is easy to put in and works great for the 19 month old, full adjustability is not a problem on the drivers side for the driver. The passenger side is doable with the evenflo, although its a good thing my wife doesn't have long legs, otherwise I don't know how tight it would actually be. If you only have one kid, I wouldn't worry too much about getting any car seat back there, I can't think of any that wouldn't fit. Forward facing also isn't an issue. I recommend you get the best car seat you can afford and make sure it fits in your car before you purchase it. Just go to babies r us and test fit the car seat in your car. I'm sure if you ask they will be more than glad to assist.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by cab0053
No, just stronger ADR (Australian Design Rule) mandated mounting points. Ours are in the roof behind the seat and not on the back of the seat.

Maybe our babies are heavier?

Old 06-13-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm looking to get a 2009 Fit in the near future and was wondering if anyone has been able to install 3 car seats across the back seat? I have two Graco CarGo boosters and one Britax Roundabout.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by deleonl1
I'm looking to get a 2009 Fit in the near future and was wondering if anyone has been able to install 3 car seats across the back seat? I have two Graco CarGo boosters and one Britax Roundabout.
Nope, only 2 will fit. There's just enough room between the 2 seats for a few books and small toys.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:02 AM
I have a Graco Infant SafeSeat. My baby is due in August, so I haven't actually used it yet, but I did put it in there to make sure it fits. It does, but has to be on the passenger side for me to sit comfortably in the drivers seat. Hope this helps!

Old 12-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Here is mine. Dont know the official name of the stroller, buts its a jeep something or other. Dont know the name of the seat either but its big, and my kid is big, and they all fit.

He is off the pacifier now for anyone who cares. I know he was late on that.

Name:  102401da.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  121.6 KB

Name:  a336de76.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  102.3 KB

Name:  597532b4.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  71.6 KB

Name:  a0832b53.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  99.4 KB

Last edited by crazyfoo; 12-21-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
I noticed the picture above has a seat toddler seat that is mounted in the middle. Excellent, Excellent, Excellent. I mount my sons seat that way. It allows more room for a side impact which is the most deadly crash.
Mounting in the center will not alow you to use the qiuick latch system but when you learn how to do it its great.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
britax roundabout toddler seat in the honda fit 2007

Hi I looked on this thread because I am looking for a new toddler seat. I had used a Britax roundabout for two years. It worked well. My son is a very tall todller and I am tall my self. It works.
Soon I will post the pictures of my taffeta white sport fit so you can see the damage from a rear collision. Perhaps you may like to go to another thread to see wrecked fits.
Now I have experienced a fit that has been hit in the front and one in the back.
I sure hope not to get hit in the side.

Quick Reply: Infant/Child Seat