2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

LED Interior lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:59 PM
LED Interior lights

Hey everyone. I ordered some LED interior lights the other day from Superbrightleds.com

I replaced my map lights, roof light and back hatch light.
They all are cool white and match the instrument cluster pretty well.
Here are some pics...

Before...

After..

Gauges...just to compare color...

Old 03-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, it looks so much cleaner. good job.

im not a fan of those stock yellow hue bulbs, but they are
pretty soft on the eyes at night.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Looks great!! As a side note, I also like your radar detector placement there in the corner of the windshield. Why didn't I think of that?

I ended up sticking mine top/center on the dash using a strip of Velcro. It sounds trashy, but it actually works really well, and hopefully is a nice vantage point to scan for radar out front and straight back through the rear windshield.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:58 PM
HID Addict
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah, it looks so much cleaner. good job.

im not a fan of those stock yellow hue bulbs, but they are
pretty soft on the eyes at night.
im not a fan of 4300k either, me need 7000k or up lol hey committ, are the gauge lights stock? or did you change those as well, i notice you said its for comparison, but i have no idea what u mean, im 08 :P

^^^ yea i didnt kno wat that was in the corner, i was hopinh it wasnt a radar unit, but detector is better hehe and i hope u didnt forget about lasers too

Last edited by Rubba Burna; 03-03-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Looks great! Good Job!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good. I'm getting ready to do all that myself. Thanks for the link.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:23 PM
its them nice and easy thing we all like, like this and the rear plate lights

good job dude!

Old 03-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Looks great. I have a full set of LEDs in my R32.

I did the dome light to a clustered LED, but haven't yet done the Maps lights, how did you remove the lense without breaking them? and what bulbs do they use the Festoon type?

Old 03-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Looks good! I'm planning to do these for license plate lights.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks everyone! It is amazing how much brighter they are too. LEDs FTW!

Reako...yea I place all my radar/laser detectors in all my cars there. Its just seems easy to place and see(for the driver) and less noticeable (to other motorist) to have it in that corner.

Rubba...Yes the gauges are stock...My camera setting was set to sunset mode to capture the lighting better so the colors are a little exaggerated so I took a pic of the cluster so people could compare what the other interior lights to the gauges.

Caliban... Here is exactly what I ordered so you know what to get. The map lights are a pain because they are not the 3175 you order its actually the 3022...but they are equal to each other. Perfect fit...ha no pun intended...

Quantity: 1
Product: WLED-x6 LED bulb
Options: Cool White WLED-CW6

Quantity: 3
Product: 3022-x4 LED Festoon bulb
Options: Cool White 3022-CW4

Euroz: I used a watch screwdriver (Or you can use a really small regular screwdriver). If you look really closely you can see little tabs where you can stick the screwdriver and pop it out. Just be careful the map lights have danty plastic clips inside.

Any other questions hit me up peeps...and thanks again for the props.
Easy little mod sometimes are the most noticable thats for sure.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
Thats nice, I did the same exact thing like 2 days after I got the car in november, just haven't taken pics. Put LEDs in my city lights as well.

I'm still wanting to put LEDs in the HVAC and Radio, but I may be getting rid of the Fit or girlfriend may be taking over payments and getting rid of her Aveo. I miss driving my Trans Am and have torque + RWD

Old 03-04-2009, 04:01 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
Thanks everyone! It is amazing how much brighter they are too. LEDs FTW!

Reako...yea I place all my radar/laser detectors in all my cars there. Its just seems easy to place and see(for the driver) and less noticeable (to other motorist) to have it in that corner.

Rubba...Yes the gauges are stock...My camera setting was set to sunset mode to capture the lighting better so the colors are a little exaggerated so I took a pic of the cluster so people could compare what the other interior lights to the gauges.

Caliban... Here is exactly what I ordered so you know what to get. The map lights are a pain because they are not the 3175 you order its actually the 3022...but they are equal to each other. Perfect fit...ha no pun intended...

Quantity: 3
Product: 3022-x4 LED Festoon bulb
Options: Cool White 3022-CW4

Euroz: I used a watch screwdriver (Or you can use a really small regular screwdriver). If you look really closely you can see little tabs where you can stick the screwdriver and pop it out. Just be careful the map lights have danty plastic clips inside.

Any other questions hit me up peeps...and thanks again for the props.
Easy little mod sometimes are the most noticable thats for sure.
Ive been meaning to do this. Why did you get 4 bulbs though? I assume the 3 festoon bulbs are for the dome light, and 2 map lights?

Old 03-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
Ive been meaning to do this. Why did you get 4 bulbs though? I assume the 3 festoon bulbs are for the dome light, and 2 map lights?

Is for the back interior light by the rear hatch (on the left side).

Old 03-04-2009, 11:55 AM
How do the LED bulbs react to the dimming/fade-out of the dome light?

Old 03-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by txmatt
How do the LED bulbs react to the dimming/fade-out of the dome light?

From what I've heard, not nearly as good as standard, but they will dim transition just a bit.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Committobefit08

Is for the back interior light by the rear hatch (on the left side).

How did this work out for you? From the site info, it seems the LEDs may not be angled quite right for the cargo area orientation?

Old 03-04-2009, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
My LED dome fades, but the delay is longer than original. I think it uses a capacitor to store the charge, and since LEDs use less electricity, they stay on longer before fading out.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by minnemike
How did this work out for you? From the site info, it seems the LEDs may not be angled quite right for the cargo area orientation?
I used a 1 watt white 194 LED in the cargo, it has a 120 deg beam pattern, but since the mount doesn't have a reflector, half of the light is lost into the rear panel. But it is still slightly brighter than original incandescent bulb, and the cool white color is nice. There's a way to rig up a reflector with a tin foil I suppose by taping it to the back side to collect & reflect more of the light, just be careful to not short the metal contacts since aluminum is slightly conductive.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by whyzor
I used a 1 watt white 194 LED in the cargo, it has a 120 deg beam pattern, but since the mount doesn't have a reflector, half of the light is lost into the rear panel. But it is still slightly brighter than original incandescent bulb, and the cool white color is nice. There's a way to rig up a reflector with a tin foil I suppose by taping it to the back side to collect & reflect more of the light, just be careful to not short the metal contacts since aluminum is slightly conductive.

Thanks! That's good info... I think you could glue in some mylar or other relfective surface as well... and then maybe even going with a 360 degree blub may be the brightest option. I might have to rig that up. I do like the cool white, but the brighter bulb is really what I'm after.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by whyzor
Exactly! Thanks for answering the question.

Quick Reply: LED Interior lights