2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 08:36 PM
How many of you got HID on their fogs? Thinking on having 3000k on mine but don't know if it's worth it, the stock bulb serve their purpose already.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
Does jdp still make stuff? Hows customer service? Id love to run a JDP front lip and rear diffuser and sell all my Mugen stuff.
love JDP. quality is good for the price. however the clear coat is crap. my friend has a rear diffuser and his greddy se rattles against it. don't buy a hood if you live too far from him. it will arrive cracked most likely and pain in the ass to get it remediated. communication sucks. he takes forever to respond. everyone else i know that has his lip has cracked one already. i'd keep the mugen.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:49 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by cajlog
How many of you got HID on their fogs? Thinking on having 3000k on mine but don't know if it's worth it, the stock bulb serve their purpose already.
Well... once I actually get my fogs (and my car) I'll have some yellow Hella Optilux bulbs which are supposed to be nice. As for HIDs I personally wouldn't recommend them because they're extremely bright and distracting. I have been blinded by many cars that have stock headlights and HID fogs.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by counterFIT
Well... once I actually get my fogs (and my car) I'll have some yellow Hella Optilux bulbs which are supposed to be nice. As for HIDs I personally wouldn't recommend them because they're extremely bright and distracting. I have been blinded by many cars that have stock headlights and HID fogs.
Blinding from the foglights? Is that even possible??

Old 01-17-2016, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
love JDP. quality is good for the price. however the clear coat is crap. my friend has a rear diffuser and his greddy se rattles against it. don't buy a hood if you live too far from him. it will arrive cracked most likely and pain in the ass to get it remediated. communication sucks. he takes forever to respond. everyone else i know that has his lip has cracked one already. i'd keep the mugen.
Im looking to just "clean" up the look of my Fit. I kind of feel like the Mugen kit is a bit to "extreme" if that makes. I think it looks nice with a set of baller wheels and super slammed, but as i said before id like to track this car. The dual exhaust outlet look in the back with 1 being fake annoys me. I want a simple front lip setup. My Work Meister wheels will be gone soon for some proper fitting NT03's. Im going to raise the car up and get the alignment done. Other than buying some nice tires once the warmer seasons come it should be fairly ready for the track. As i get more seat time ill make adjustments accordingly.

I have heard those issues about JDP, thats why i asked how communication was. I was hoping people chimed in and said they've been having great experiences with them..

Old 01-17-2016, 09:19 PM
Banned
Blinding from the foglights? Is that even possible??
You better believe it is. Imagine HID headlights (in a halogen housing) but just lower.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator
Im looking to just "clean" up the look of my Fit. I kind of feel like the Mugen kit is a bit to "extreme" if that makes. I think it looks nice with a set of baller wheels and super slammed, but as i said before id like to track this car. The dual exhaust outlet look in the back with 1 being fake annoys me. I want a simple front lip setup. My Work Meister wheels will be gone soon for some proper fitting NT03's. Im going to raise the car up and get the alignment done. Other than buying some nice tires once the warmer seasons come it should be fairly ready for the track. As i get more seat time ill make adjustments accordingly.

I have heard those issues about JDP, thats why i asked how communication was. I was hoping people chimed in and said they've been having great experiences with them..
it really depends on the time of the month i guess. sometimes hes good. sometimes hes not... pay via paypal. make sure u get the product before 90 days.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:26 PM
I dont have patience for that type of stuff. Other than doing an STI or garage door seal lip are there any other products out there?

I know some may think im out of my mind for wanting to take off all the Mugen parts, but i like the clean OEM look with a subtle lip/splitter combo.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:29 PM
Banned
I dont have patience for that type of stuff. Other than doing an STI or garage door seal lip are there any other products out there?
There's the modulo parts (don't know specifically what they're called) then there's an INGS lip I'm pretty sure, for the low low price of over 9000

Old 01-17-2016, 09:34 PM

I know some may think im out of my mind for wanting to take off all the Mugen parts, but i like the clean OEM look with a subtle lip/splitter combo.
You don't want to do the STI lip mod unless you want to fill your bumper with bunch of screw holes or having the lip falling off your bumper constantly.

TBH, beside the mugen lip there aren't many choices to choose from but the EZLip and the AllFit lip which give you a meaner look on the bumper. As for the modulo, don't have much info on that.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:41 PM
Not really into Modulo. I don't think i have ever even seen that lip on the 2010 style bumper anyways. Wish I could just afford a jdm front conversion so I can utilize a J's Racing front bumper. Love that look!

But that'll never happen.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
^youre not talking about the one modeled after the usdm bumper are you? Cause that would definitely not be worth it lol.

Jdp sucks at answering emails. I literally had to spam him to get any answers. But he can still make parts. Fitment is just okay though. Ive bought a diffuser and the non duckbill wing from him and both were off by a bit. Close enough to still get on though, but a few small gaps if you look close.

Today i replaced one of my drl leds in my mugen bumper, it was defective and water seeped in. Luckily vleds covered it. What a pain to replace though without being able to remove the lip from the bumper. Took a long time to shove the wiring back into the bumper through the tiny mounting hole i drilled last year. But luckily it works now.

Man these things are painfully bright even in direct sunlight. http://www.vleds.com/shop-products/d...aux-light.html

Last edited by connor55; 01-17-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:05 PM
I'm not sure, the one I'm talking about is the one BMW Alpina has.

I prefer the JDP lip, but unless someone is selling their used lip I won't deal with JDP as a company after hearing all these issues people have had.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
He has the modulo fit shuttle front and rs mugen rear

Old 01-17-2016, 10:15 PM
Ohh...I don't know what any other USDM modulo lip looks like. His is the only thing I see on google.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:24 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by connor55
He has the modulo fit shuttle front and rs mugen rear
Oh the $$$$$ front and the $$$$$ rear?

Old 01-17-2016, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Gotta pay to play

Old 01-17-2016, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator
fit shuttle modulo lip isn't really $$$. shipping doesnt kill you either since they are tiny. besides its only for 12-14s.

Now if you go for Admiral, Bless, Mugen, Noblesse Fit Shuttle fronts...

Last edited by xxryu139xx; 01-17-2016 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
You don't want to do the STI lip mod unless you want to fill your bumper with bunch of screw holes or having the lip falling off your bumper constantly.
So far so good on my sti lip.. Hasn't moved since I put it on.. Still solid attached.. Guess it depends how low you are and the road conditions.. So far gone through snow and all has been good

Old 01-18-2016, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Ohh...I don't know what any other USDM modulo lip looks like. His is the only thing I see on google.
That is the only modulo lip and only fits 2012+ front bumpers.

Almost wish there was a lip like the old integra type r front lips.. And something like the js rear bumper for usdm.. Jdp rear diffuser is nice but wish it extended all the way out on the bumpers.. Looking at universal rear diffusers now

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?