2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Did this yesterday, but I bought some Konig Dial-Ins. 15x7 +35. ~10.5 pounds each.

These are going to be my track wheels due to the smaller size and lighter weight. My only dilemma is finding clone-able TPMS for the Konigs that I can use so I can disable traction control during races.
Cant have more than one set of TPMS?

Also nice wheel, color will contrast nicely against your TW.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Cant have more than one set of TPMS?

Also nice wheel, color will contrast nicely against your TW.
To my understanding the Fit can only recognize o set of (4) TPMS at a time.
With clone-able TPMS for the track wheels, the computer will still read that the standard (4) TPMS are still attached even when I switch out my wheels.

The whole Traction control VSA is a nightmare on the GE8. On the 09-11 Civics you can still turn off VSA without TPMS...but for Fit apparently not.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator
To my understanding the Fit can only recognize o set of (4) TPMS at a time.
With clone-able TPMS for the track wheels, the computer will still read that the standard (4) TPMS are still attached even when I switch out my wheels.

The whole Traction control VSA is a nightmare on the GE8. On the 09-11 Civics you can still turn off VSA without TPMS...but for Fit apparently not.

For the Fits with Navi (and I believe 2011+), they have the VSA button.

Also, I believe you can get another set of TPMS coded the same as the set on your Fit right now. I'm not entirely sure but it seemed like the case with one of my wheels one time at the shop.

Nice wheels btw!

Last edited by Burzpaw; 01-20-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:41 PM
Those Konigs fo look good. Post up when they're on!

Old 01-20-2017, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Burzpaw
For the Fits with Navi (and I believe 2011+), they have the VSA button.

Also, I believe you can get another set of TPMS coded the same as the set on your Fit right now. I'm not entirely sure but it seemed like the case with one of my wheels one time at the shop.

Nice wheels btw!
Thanks Z!
I have heard something like that. I plan to go to a few different local tire shops and see what options I have. But I think there is a way...just going to cost more lol

Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
Those Konigs fo look good. Post up when they're on!
Thanks!

I'll be sure to post pics, just have to wait for the tires (Bridgestone RE71-Rs) and the whole TPMS issue.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I have a VSA button...but I'm in a 2013 and I believe that button was added for 2011+ sports. Such a random "feature" that wasn't standard across all trims.

Checked out my gram lights 15x8 and they are 13ish lbs according to the interwebs...but also double the cost of those konigs. In fact those konigs might not look bad on my ride. I look forward to pics and how well they fit under your ride. What size tires you going for? Any spacers to increase track width? My 15x8 +35 the fronts are just flush with the fender or just barely peek out past it. With the narrower wheel yours might tuck nicely...and make me consider a wheel change haha.

Anyone ship packages internationally before (i.e. Thailand)? USPS/FedEx/UPS all only give "air" options for shipping...which costs an arm and a leg.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah I have a VSA button...but I'm in a 2013 and I believe that button was added for 2011+ sports. Such a random "feature" that wasn't standard across all trims.

Checked out my gram lights 15x8 and they are 13ish lbs according to the interwebs...but also double the cost of those konigs. In fact those konigs might not look bad on my ride. I look forward to pics and how well they fit under your ride. What size tires you going for? Any spacers to increase track width? My 15x8 +35 the fronts are just flush with the fender or just barely peek out past it. With the narrower wheel yours might tuck nicely...and make me consider a wheel change haha.

Anyone ship packages internationally before (i.e. Thailand)? USPS/FedEx/UPS all only give "air" options for shipping...which costs an arm and a leg.
The Konigs were an easy sell for me, they are flow formed which is stronger than cast and lighter. They are ridiculously cheap and the have proven on the autocross track without fault. It was actually a fluke that Konig was able to produce these. There was an error in the manufacturing plant and these were branded as Konigs. Look up the Advanti Storm, its the sister wheel to the dial- in.

I am going for a 205/50/r15. I am actually worried a little about the +35 offset. I rub in the hard corners on my 16x7+40. So hopefully the extra 5mm won't rub much more. But the smaller size will give more wheel gap which may solve the rubbing issue all together.

As for shipping, yeah anything to ASIA is costly. I think you might find better deals with some of the smaller shipping companies like DHL etc. but you also pay for the comfort and reliability of the Big brand Shippers. You will have to bite the bullet or wait months for shipment by freighter.

Last edited by Mr.Hollow; 01-21-2017 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member

I am going for a 205/50/r15. I am actually worried a little about the +35 offset. I rub in the hard corners on my 16x7+40. So hopefully the extra 5mm won't rub much more. But the smaller size will give more wheel gap which may solve the rubbing issue all together.

As for shipping, yeah anything to ASIA is costly. I think you might find better deals with some of the smaller shipping companies like DHL etc. but you also pay for the comfort and reliability of the Big brand Shippers. You will have to bite the bullet or wait months for shipment by freighter.
Yeah the 205/50/15 is 1" inn diameter smaller than the OEM size so that will make it smaller and hopefully rub less or not at all. Not to mention the smaller tire would help with a little acceleration boost due to the smaller diameter.

Yeah gonna keep researching this shipping thing. Would love to help a international FF member out...but if the $$$ doesn't add up then it may not happen.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Hi Mr. Hollow

here is the picture of the JDM Mugen Floor mat picture on the driver seat that you ask me from your PM,
I was going to send it to you through PM, but in order to sent pictures there,
I need to load it to Photobucket first...

but if I post it here on a forum thread,
I can do it by simply drag and drop,... (easier )
so I posted it here:

Old 01-21-2017, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Alpina, is that lined up at the mounting holes? Seems...."off".

Also now that I've been talking to Hollow about 15x7s...am I even running the correct width tire? I have 15x8s...am I slightly stretching my 205s? 205mm * (1 in/25.4mm) = ~8.07" Or is he putting a fatter tire on a narrower wheel?

I intend to go to 205/55/15s to get the proper diameter tire....but it appears theres only a handful choices (all around $75-$100 each) in that diameter from tire companies I'd buy such as Nitto, Yokohama, firestone and Kumho. I found bridgestones but they want $200+ each lol.

Last edited by shinjari; 01-21-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member

Also now that I've been talking to Hollow about 15x7s...am I even running the correct width tire? I have 15x8s...am I slightly stretching my 205s? 205mm * (1 in/25.4mm) = ~8.07" Or is he putting a fatter tire on a narrower wheel?

I intend to go to 205/55/15s to get the proper diameter tire....but it appears theres only a handful choices (all around $75-$100 each) in that diameter from tire companies I'd buy such as Nitto, Yokohama, firestone and Kumho. I found bridgestones but they want $200+ each lol.
Yes, that is off (not line up) because it suppose to be for RDH JDM car...
but I just like it more than the USDM Mugen Floor Mat because it came with all red stripes plus the rear one have extra set for the center part, and Mr. Hollow just want to know how off it is before he purchase a set.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member

205 for a 7" wide rim I feel is around standard. Some people also use 195 but If you can get another 10mm go for it.

I do think a 205 for an 8" wheel is a bit of stretch (pun intended) but it depends on if you are trying to not rub the fender lip/liner. I would look at a 215 tire for a 8" rim. You might even be able to fit a 225 if you feel daring. You will find as you start pricing tires more standard size (ex: 205/50/15) comes in a much wider range with many manufactures and can be had for cheap to expensive performance) but with more irregular sizes you will find the selection is limited and the prices are higher due to low demand.

Do some more research, you might find a new tire size that fits better and is more cost friendly.

Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Yes, that is off (not line up) because it suppose to be for RDH JDM car...
but I just like it more than the USDM Mugen Floor Mat because it came with all red stripes plus the rear one have extra set for the center part, and Mr. Hollow just want to know how off it is before he purchase a set.

Thanks Alpina for posting the pictures! And this way everyone gets to see if they were curious.

I am surprised it is so off center. It seems as if the RHD has more floor area than the LHD version. I can't say I have decided yet, but the picture does help greatly!

Old 01-22-2017, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
I do like the Mugen floor mats...would definitely match my red car...just hate how fragile the material is. Would hate to spend $XXX on some mats and then have this huge heel mark after a few months. If the Mugens are made the same way as the blue/black OEM ones...then I'll stick to my 3d mats which have that rear center piece built in Only issue about the 3d ones is since they are a solid material, any dirt show (easy to take out and just "pour" out the dirt) and they can be a little slick.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
I do like the Mugen floor mats...would definitely match my red car...just hate how fragile the material is. Would hate to spend $XXX on some mats and then have this huge heel mark after a few months. If the Mugens are made the same way as the blue/black OEM ones...then I'll stick to my 3d mats which have that rear center piece built in Only issue about the 3d ones is since they are a solid material, any dirt show (easy to take out and just "pour" out the dirt) and they can be a little slick.
I totally agree with you. My OEM blue/black have a "burn" mark from where my heel digs into the mat. If I am to purchase the mats it would only be used at shows or meets not for everyday driving.

Although if you are looking to dress up the interior a little. Check out the j's racing floor mats. They have a different material in the "heel" area that looks like it could handle the wear and tear better.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
Wow...to be honest...with the yellow trim...I'm really surprised Alpina hasnt gotten those haha.

As for tires...after looking at them again I'm not sure doing wider tire would work/look right. Here are pics of the rear as it sits.

Name:  20151217_163716_zpsyeuidxo7.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  740.1 KB
Name:  20151217_163733_zpsxl6hch3j.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  819.7 KB

As you can see with the slight "stretch" the tire tucks under the rear fender. The front is the same + a few mm's. If I went with a 215 or 225...it would maake the tire more square and look weird. Has a lot to do with the 8" width. If they were 15x7's they wouldn't be as flush/stick out ever so slightly, they'd be 1/2" more tucked. Which is why I'm looking forward to your konig pics.

Last edited by shinjari; 01-22-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
Wow...to be honest...with the yellow trim...I'm really surprised Alpina hasnt gotten those haha.
if I am not mistaken, the rest of the floor mat from J's Racing (passenger side and rear side), don't look as nice as the Mugen one...
also I don't think J's racing still have this for sale...
I just check their Japan website which is the most up to date and I can't find them under Honda Fit GE section...

Old 01-22-2017, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
I found a picture for Honda Fit GE J's Racing floor mat on the internet:

vs. My Mugen JDM Fit RS GE8 floor mat (new version) when it just arrive long time ago:

vs. my OLD USDM Mugen Fit floor mat that I sold even more long time ago

I think my current JDM Mugen Fit RS (newer version) that I had now, is still
nicer (looks more special) than the USDM one or even the YELLOW J's racing one...

Old 01-22-2017, 06:31 PM
Hey guys, it's been a while since I last posted; I have a few updates on the Fit:

- Replaced the mini gattling gun shrouds with Apollo 3.0; IMHO they look better and feels OEM; also replaced the HID kit with Innovited 4300k they had good reviews on Amazon and I didn't want to spend a lot.
- Replaced engine filter and cabin air filter
- Got my new 2016 OEM wheels (they are 15" rims, it looks like these wheels come with the LATAM version of the FIT (made in Mex), they are 15x6 which I love since they aren't too wide and looks amazing); I love how they look and they came with Bridgestone Turanza (win/win for me).
- Thinking of vinyl'ing the rooftop to protect the car against the extreme sun in the Caribbean and give the car a more aggressive look.
- Fixed my windshield water dust with CarPro Ceriglass Kit (for $15 the results were amazing, I recommend this to anyone looking to fix their windshield).
- Got me an OEM trunk mat <3
- Hit 140k, but Fit never felt more amazing.
- Replaced rear brake pads/shoes.

Pics for attention:

Also, I think we need a faster way of posting pics :|

Btw, all the Fits here are still looking amazing, I remember joining the forums a year ago and being witness of how much everyone has grown here.

Last edited by cajlog; 01-22-2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:33 PM
Shinjari, for fitment reference. Here's 15x7 +35 with a 195/55 tire

Name:  FullSizeR3.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  179.8 KB
Name:  FullSizeR4.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  186.1 KB

Old 01-23-2017, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
Shinjari, for fitment reference. Here's 15x7 +35 with a 195/55 tire

That looks very nice.

Thanks for the reference. May sway me to do a wheel change.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?