2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by shinjari
Nice! Specs? If I recall, familywagon had a similar set of those =)

Those do look like my old wheels.....who'd you buy these from?

Old 02-22-2017, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by connor55
How long does EMS usually take? Im waiting on a smallish item to leave japan "any day now".
Once it leaves Japan it takes like 5 days and has to clear customs too. Don't buy on the weekends as it just takes longer lol.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
According to Buyee's estimates, 5-8 business days.

Let me ask around. Wonder if the bend can be created using a little heat. Should be doable if the acrylic is not incredibly thick. I've known people to make their motorcycle windshields out of acrylic with handtools/dremel and a heat gun to get the bend they wanted.

Some detailed pics/dimensions would be helpful =)

To my understanding its a relatively flat piece It looks like it only cover the inside portion of the trunk indent and doesn't go on the angled part of the trunk.

I am going to try contact the seller, and see where it goes from there. If nothing works out I may try another approach.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator
here i took a better picture today

Name:  20170222_172414_zps69jycwts.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  197.6 KB

Old 02-23-2017, 03:16 PM
Nothing too drastic, just CVT fluid replaced and a wheel alignment.

Been looking at parts catalogues online though, do you think the Mrs will mind if I rice out her Fit? Liking some of the Mugen goodies

Old 02-23-2017, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
To my understanding its a relatively flat piece It looks like it only cover the inside portion of the trunk indent and doesn't go on the angled part of the trunk.

I am going to try contact the seller, and see where it goes from there. If nothing works out I may try another approach.
Why not just gloss black vinyl?

Old 02-23-2017, 04:48 PM
SO none of the JDM lights require the sockets? Even the LED ones?
I didn't need to do anything with my JDM led lights. Ebay link is gone but here is the description

JDM LED taillights Lamps OEM for 09-10 Kouki Honda Fit Jazz GE6 GE8 Rs L15A
ymmv.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator
Couple of things. I fubared my head unit trying to do an update and replaced it with a newer 2016 Pioneer HU. Also installed a rear view camera. Don't really need it, but whatever. The HU also supports a second camera, still trying to find a good camera option. It's difficult to see over the big hump of a hood that we have.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Rear view camera one of those that attaches to the license plate? Which Head unit? I feel like my Pioneer Dual din HU is on its way out.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
Couple of things. I fubared my head unit trying to do an update and replaced it with a newer 2016 Pioneer HU. Also installed a rear view camera. Don't really need it, but whatever. The HU also supports a second camera, still trying to find a good camera option. It's difficult to see over the big hump of a hood that we have.
Jdm conversion will help with the hood hump

Old 02-26-2017, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator
Rear view camera one of those that attaches to the license plate? Which Head unit? I feel like my Pioneer Dual din HU is on its way out.
I have one that replaces the oem license plate light cover. I chose the Pioneer AVHX5800BHS. Most equivalent to the previous I had before. I was looking at the Android Auto ones, however wasn't convinced with the compatibility with current phone and future phones I'll get.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
Jdm conversion will help with the hood hump
20 bucks vs $2000+ no thanks

Old 02-26-2017, 02:52 PM
I just bought a new set of Michelin Premier A/S tires. They will be here this week.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Xtina
Why not just gloss black vinyl?
Sometimes when Vinyl edges are exposed it looks a little "cheap." Vinyl has a much cleaner and more permanent look when its wrapped past the body panels.

With an acrylic piece it looks more permanent and intentional.

This is just my opinion though.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:22 PM
Took mine in for the annual state inspection (easy pass after replacing rear window wiper blade insert, which I didn't realize was torn). They also did the airbag recall at the same time.

I don't really understand the recall organization, or lack thereof. Some time ago Honda dutifully sent me a letter saying it's recalled, but parts are limited so you'll be contacted when they come in. Then...crickets...for awhile. Now I go in to the dealer, and lo and behold they had extra inflators sitting around waiting for recalled vehicles, but apparently the come and get it notices were not sent out.

Anyway, it's done now and Vermont agrees that I'm safe for another year.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:51 AM
Banned
Finally.

I've finally bought tail lights. I've honestly been waiting for this for years, and I am so happy I decided to pull the trigger. Yes, it's 3:42AM here, and I have class in 5 hours. But I am happy

I got some nice, genuine, 3rd gen RS LED tails (correct me if I'm wrong on the generation). They look brand new, the seller even included a large quantity of high res pictures showing their condition. They have surface scratches (no different than tinyyy swirl marks from washing), they're unnoticeable unless looked very closely upon. Best part of it all, I won the auction (buyout) at just $92 including fees. My birthday is on Saturday, I guess you could say this is a gift to myself... Hopefully shipping won't be too bad, the estimator put me right at about $130 total for the tails and shipping. And here I was debating getting Axis tails for $300...

I pray these get here soon. I can't wait to see how they look with Milano Red, I haven't seen anyone else with that paint with RS tails like this. Anyways, I need to get to bed lol. The Fit continues to cause me problems (money and lack of sleep) but I love it so much.

Here's a pic just to clarify the style (note: I did get the set of left and right tails, I chose this picture because it is much higher quality than the picture of both of them):

Old 03-02-2017, 05:47 AM
Cool. Congrats! I have the RS tails on mine that have the 2 clear "stripes" or whatever that spots called. I think they look much better than USDM stock lights.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by counterFIT
Finally.

I've finally bought tail lights. I've honestly been waiting for this for years, and I am so happy I decided to pull the trigger. Yes, it's 3:42AM here, and I have class in 5 hours. But I am happy

I got some nice, genuine, 3rd gen RS LED tails (correct me if I'm wrong on the generation). They look brand new, the seller even included a large quantity of high res pictures showing their condition. They have surface scratches (no different than tinyyy swirl marks from washing), they're unnoticeable unless looked very closely upon. Best part of it all, I won the auction (buyout) at just $92 including fees. My birthday is on Saturday, I guess you could say this is a gift to myself... Hopefully shipping won't be too bad, the estimator put me right at about $130 total for the tails and shipping. And here I was debating getting Axis tails for $300...

I pray these get here soon. I can't wait to see how they look with Milano Red, I haven't seen anyone else with that paint with RS tails like this. Anyways, I need to get to bed lol. The Fit continues to cause me problems (money and lack of sleep) but I love it so much.

Here's a pic just to clarify the style (note: I did get the set of left and right tails, I chose this picture because it is much higher quality than the picture of both of them):

Awesome! Glad you're the guinea pig for the MR GE with RS tails...may force me to buy some haha.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
^join the club of no sleep and slim wallet fit problems lol

My conversion is almost done! I fly back tonight to pick her up!

Just a few more things to put back on.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:08 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
Cool. Congrats! I have the RS tails on mine that have the 2 clear "stripes" or whatever that spots called. I think they look much better than USDM stock lights.
Thanks Yeah I considered those, I could get a set for $20. Unfortunately I wouldn't have forgiven myself for not getting LED tails... I'm obsessed with LEDs lol.

Awesome! Glad you're the guinea pig for the MR GE with RS tails...may force me to buy some haha.
We shall see! I think they'll have a similar look to the Axis red tails, you would think that mostly red tail lights on a red car wouldn't look good, but I think it does...

One of my favorite Milano Fits of all time (@stefan_lowmonroe on insta):

^join the club of no sleep and slim wallet fit problems lol

My conversion is almost done! I fly back tonight to pick her up!

Just a few more things to put back on.
I see you're making excellent progress- can't wait to see it!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?