2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks! Hell be done the initial conversion tonight! Ill be picking it up tomorrow morning first thing to install paint protection, then i head back home to get the real work started

Old 03-02-2017, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by counterFIT
Thanks Yeah I considered those, I could get a set for $20. Unfortunately I wouldn't have forgiven myself for not getting LED tails... I'm obsessed with LEDs lol.

We shall see! I think they'll have a similar look to the Axis red tails, you would think that mostly red tail lights on a red car wouldn't look good, but I think it does...

One of my favorite Milano Fits of all time (@stefan_lowmonroe on insta):

I see you're making excellent progress- can't wait to see it!
Damn that slammed MR is pretty slick! About to bite the bullet on coilovers...not sure how low I could or would go before its a pain to drive. I mean I already hate speed bumps as it is...but I want to get rid of that wheel gap. May even have to pull the fender a little too =/

Old 03-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by connor55
Thanks! Hell be done the initial conversion tonight! Ill be picking it up tomorrow morning first thing to install paint protection, then i head back home to get the real work started
I am glad that you're taking your sweet time with it, it will be so worth it.

Originally Posted by shinjari
Damn that slammed MR is pretty slick! About to bite the bullet on coilovers...not sure how low I could or would go before its a pain to drive. I mean I already hate speed bumps as it is...but I want to get rid of that wheel gap. May even have to pull the fender a little too =/
Do it. Coilovers changed my life... Well at least the life of my car lol. The customization is beautiful (varies by manufacturer) and the ride is just superb. What brand are you going for?

Old 03-02-2017, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
I am glad that you're taking your sweet time with it, it will be so worth it.

Do it. Coilovers changed my life... Well at least the life of my car lol. The customization is beautiful (varies by manufacturer) and the ride is just superb. What brand are you going for?
Just saving my pennies haha. I came across a sweet deal on BC racing (NOT buddy club) coilovers. Like that the height is adjustable without messing with the preload. The rear currently with the swifts/oem's is more of less riding on bumpstops...so theres only uptravel which is probably why I feel like it rides rough over bumps. With proper preload, adjustable dampeners and proper up/down travel I anticipate it'll be better.

What brand did you go with?

Old 03-02-2017, 06:19 PM
Banned
Just saving my pennies haha. I came across a sweet deal on BC racing (NOT buddy club) coilovers. Like that the height is adjustable without messing with the preload. The rear currently with the swifts/oem's is more of less riding on bumpstops...so theres only uptravel which is probably why I feel like it rides rough over bumps. With proper preload, adjustable dampeners and proper up/down travel I anticipate it'll be better.

What brand did you go with?
You are correct with your anticipation. The really cool thing about coilovers with all of the adjustments (bump rebound stiffness, preload, height, dampening) is that if you get tired of your setup, you can f*** around and have a completely different feeling car. It's definitely worth the extra $$ in the end (in my opinion).

I got my coilovers from slp950 (he used to be on this forum), they're BuddyClub N+. They're probably at about 50k miles so I anticipate that they'll need some work soon (if anyone has experience with the N+ maintenance please let me know) I love them overall though

Old 03-02-2017, 06:23 PM
Banned
Got a few small things coming in (more birthday goodies):

Energy Suspension Polyurethane Sway Bushings
Dynomax Race Bullet Muffler
Gloss Black Vinyl Roof Wrap

Potential items for the near future (we'll see if money allows):

LED Mirror Covers (Burzpaw has these I believe)
NRG Carbon Shift Knob
T1R Red Stitched Suede Shift Boot (to match my seats)
Zeta Products Pedal Set
Custom Alcantara Steering Wheel Cover
Spoon Rear View Mirror
JDP Mirror Cover
Progress RSB

Old 03-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Im having the Honda dealer do a auto transmission exchange tomorrow.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:34 PM
Banned
I just found something I've been searching for ever since my NonStopTuning crank pulley incident. The NST pulley was improperly machined, out of spec. They asked me to return it, and once I mailed it back, I never heard from them again. They stole $90 from me straight up. NEVER buy from NST.

It just so happens that Unorthodox Racing makes a complete pulley set for our GE Fit... Priced at $290 One day...

Unorthodox Racing 2009-2013 Honda Fit Pulley set & belt - Axion Industries

Axion Industries carries a lot of hard to find parts for the fit as well (conrods, piston heads).

Old 03-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator
Got a few small things coming in (more birthday goodies):

Energy Suspension Polyurethane Sway Bushings
Dynomax Race Bullet Muffler

Potential items for the near future (we'll see if money allows):

LED Mirror Covers (Burzpaw has these I believe)
NRG Carbon Shift Knob
T1R Red Stitched Suede Shift Boot (to match my seats)
Zeta Products Pedal Set
Custom Alcantara Steering Wheel Cover
Spoon Rear View Mirror
JDP Mirror Cover
Progress RSB
since u know how to use tenso yahoo why dont u order JDM folding mirrors instead... alot cheaper than $500 from US sellers

Old 03-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator
I installed a set of VLED 180 degree right angle license plate LEDS today. my old ones finally crapped out after about 4 years.

Old 03-02-2017, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
Yet another thing I'm on the fence about doing haha.

You are correct with your anticipation. The really cool thing about coilovers with all of the adjustments (bump rebound stiffness, preload, height, dampening) is that if you get tired of your setup, you can f*** around and have a completely different feeling car. It's definitely worth the extra $$ in the end (in my opinion).

I got my coilovers from slp950 (he used to be on this forum), they're BuddyClub N+. They're probably at about 50k miles so I anticipate that they'll need some work soon (if anyone has experience with the N+ maintenance please let me know) I love them overall though
Pretty sure Buddy club rebuilds, but you'd have to send them in. I think thats a big reason why some budget coilovers (TEIN, Godspeed, BC Racing, Megan) are going sealed/nonrebuildable struts. Less down time and less cost.

Pay for the replacement strut...they send it...you swap it out. No need to remove/swap in stock suspension or have down time...then pay for shipping BOTH ways....

I just found something I've been searching for ever since my NonStopTuning crank pulley incident. The NST pulley was improperly machined, out of spec. They asked me to return it, and once I mailed it back, I never heard from them again. They stole $90 from me straight up. NEVER buy from NST.

It just so happens that Unorthodox Racing makes a complete pulley set for our GE Fit... Priced at $290 One day...

Unorthodox Racing 2009-2013 Honda Fit Pulley set & belt - Axion Industries

Axion Industries carries a lot of hard to find parts for the fit as well (conrods, piston heads).
Damn! If this was a paypal purchase somewhat recently I'd file a claim. Thats BS!

As for my fit, hopefully I can wash it this weekend and plan to make time to polish the headlights.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
since u know how to use tenso yahoo why dont u order JDM folding mirrors instead... alot cheaper than $500 from US sellers
Not a bad idea, but tbh I'm not really into wiring all of that haha. Although I'm sure that if I put the folding mirrors on I wouldn't regret a thing. Ryu, do you happen to know where I can find the P/N for the mirrors, or what keywords to search by? I'm getting no results in Buyee.

Yet another thing I'm on the fence about doing haha.
If you lived closer I'd totally meet up with you. Our cars are headed in similar directions

Pretty sure Buddy club rebuilds, but you'd have to send them in. I think thats a big reason why some budget coilovers (TEIN, Godspeed, BC Racing, Megan) are going sealed/nonrebuildable struts. Less down time and less cost.

Pay for the replacement strut...they send it...you swap it out. No need to remove/swap in stock suspension or have down time...then pay for shipping BOTH ways....
They do rebuild, which is SUPER expensive. Sure, it's cheaper than buying a whole new set, but I'd honestly rather spend $800 on new shocks from them, because as you said, it'd be sooo much easier to swap in new parts vs take them off etc.

Damn! If this was a paypal purchase somewhat recently I'd file a claim. Thats BS!
Yeah... I bought it used (brand new but purchased already) from another member on here so I didn't wanna seem like a d**k by asking for a refund. I would've definitely pursued that situation further if I'd used PayPal...

Last edited by counterFIT; 03-02-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator
Not a bad idea, but tbh I'm not really into wiring all of that haha. Although I'm sure that if I put the folding mirrors on I wouldn't regret a thing.
Well if your hooking up the signals u are doing doing the wiring. that rubber boot is no joke.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:49 PM
New set of tires going on Saturday. I bought a set of Michelin Premier A/S at Sams club. They have a special free mount and balance and $70.00 off from Michelin.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
Well if your hooking up the signals u are doing doing the wiring. that rubber boot is no joke.
Exactly what RYU said. In order to install the winker mirror covers you have to remove the door panel and snake the wire through the door hinge rubber boot. It's a pain in the ass. Seriously its the hardest, stupidest part of the whole install.

In hindsight I should have purchased the jdm mirrors (maybe even gone power folding) just to make the install more worth it. But its done now.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Exactly what RYU said. In order to install the winker mirror covers you have to remove the door panel and snake the wire through the door hinge rubber boot. It's a pain in the ass. Seriously its the hardest, stupidest part of the whole install.

In hindsight I should have purchased the jdm mirrors (maybe even gone power folding) just to make the install more worth it. But its done now.
Sounds like I'll be on the hunt for power folding mirrors lol

Old 03-03-2017, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Removed the OEM rims (They're for sale) and put the works on. I have tein springs...those are going on next!

Old 03-03-2017, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by steezo_
Removed the OEM rims (They're for sale) and put the works on. I have tein springs...those are going on next!

Nice wheels! Definitely need a drop now =)

Too bad you're east coast, been thinking of having a set of OEM wheels...stupidly sold mine when I first bought the car to fund other mods.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks man! sent you a pm..

Old 03-03-2017, 03:44 PM
I had those same work wheels

I'm in VA, how much you selling stock wheels for?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?