2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
Install JDM Stream RSZ S Package Foot Rest, so now it MATCHED my brake and gas pedal perfectly

Here is the DIY Link:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...foot-rest.html

Name:  DSC09284_zpsics8nz0q.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  366.4 KB

and install my Cooled Glove Box Ventilation too,
(I learned this from connor55, Thanks again connor55)

I need this because I plan to put the AEM F/IC-6 Piggy Back inside this glove box,
and I think a cooler glove box will make the AEM more reliable...

Name:  DSC09222_zpsxmvpxld5.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  420.4 KB

Name:  DSC09277_zpsdmufwajc.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  378.8 KB

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 09-03-2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Burzpaw
Oh-- DDM Tuning; they're pretty much local so I just stop by there every now and then.

I wish I had switchbacks! Mine are regular leds-- pretty much the parking lights and turn signals wirings switched around haha. So the top corners are my amber signals and the ones near the grille are now my parking lights

that looks pretty awesome!... I didn't realize you can switch the two bulbs like that.. off to research options

Old 09-03-2015, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by g95pteg
that looks pretty awesome!... I didn't realize you can switch the two bulbs like that.. off to research options
Oh-- the positive wirings were what I switched. The gauges might be different, but I figured it wouldn't be a problem since I'm using leds. It made more sense to me that the corners were turn signals haha

Old 09-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Oh-- the positive wirings were what I switched. The gauges might be different, but I figured it wouldn't be a problem since I'm using leds. It made more sense to me that the corners were turn signals haha
What kind of bulbs would the turn signals require ? I've already identified the parking lights but missing the turn signals especifications. I'd love to switch mine for LED too.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by cajlog
What kind of bulbs would the turn signals require ? I've already identified the parking lights but missing the turn signals especifications. I'd love to switch mine for LED too.
I see online that it's 7507. I had 1156 bulbs lying around and I was able to make them fit(one nub had to be shaved off but still clips in well) so I just stuck with it haha. I suggest you do 7507 but I don't know what kind of leds they have available for it;

Old 09-03-2015, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Had a feeling haha. Do it!

Oh-- DDM Tuning; they're pretty much local so I just stop by there every now and then.

I wish I had switchbacks! Mine are regular leds-- pretty much the parking lights and turn signals wirings switched around haha. So the top corners are my amber signals and the ones near the grille are now my parking lights

Thanks Z hopefully everything works out.

Oh btw how did you get your parking lights to come in without the headlights? I thought thy only came on together?

Old 09-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Thanks Z hopefully everything works out.

Oh btw how did you get your parking lights to come in without the headlights? I thought thy only came on together?
Parking lights come on solo with the first "click" bro! Second click the low beams come on and the parking lights stay on with it haha

Old 09-03-2015, 10:29 PM
I see online that it's 7507. I had 1156 bulbs lying around and I was able to make them fit(one nub had to be shaved off but still clips in well) so I just stuck with it haha. I suggest you do 7507 but I don't know what kind of leds they have available for it;
7507 sounds about right (will order these 2X 1156 BA15S 1495 80 SMD LED Bright White Car RV Tail Signal Light Lamp US | eBay), thanks! Can you confirm for parking light ? I don't want to order something I won't be able to use like this for parking lights for example:20 Pcs Super White T10 Wedge 5 SMD 5050 LED Light Bulbs W5W 2825 158 192 168 194 | eBay

Old 09-03-2015, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
Parking lights come on solo with the first "click" bro! Second click the low beams come on and the parking lights stay on with it haha
WHAT!!!!!

Oh I did not know that. Next time I see you we need to go into further detail how you switched the turns and the parking lights. I would love to just run some yellow leds as dtrls in the turn signal housing.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Install JDM Stream RSZ S Package Foot Rest, so now it MATCHED my brake and gas pedal perfectly

Here is the DIY Link:
www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-gen-ge8-specific-fit-interior-modifications-sub-forum/90944-diy-jdm-stream-rsz-s-package-foot-rest.html

Link didn't work Alpina

Old 09-03-2015, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
Link didn't work Alpina
Lets try again...

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...foot-rest.html

Old 09-04-2015, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
bought mugen short shifter and mugen knob at:

Genuine Parts - Honda / Acura Online

Old 09-04-2015, 03:03 PM
Banned
I am confused. I recently (2 months ago) installed some used BC Coilovers which are in great shape. Since then I've had to replace the front right wheel bearing, and I'm getting the noises of a potential bad sway bar endlink (also right side). Is there something I'm missing? Spring heights and coilover heights are identical. Thanks for the help, as I don't want to be replacing suspension parts left and right (literally )

Old 09-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator
WHAT!!!!!

Oh I did not know that. Next time I see you we need to go into further detail how you switched the turns and the parking lights. I would love to just run some yellow leds as dtrls in the turn signal housing.
Haha yea definitely it's not that hard I'll show you what I did;

Originally Posted by cajlog
7507 sounds about right (will order these 2X 1156 BA15S 1495 80 SMD LED Bright White Car RV Tail Signal Light Lamp US | eBay), thanks! Can you confirm for parking light ? I don't want to order something I won't be able to use like this for parking lights for example:20 Pcs Super White T10 Wedge 5 SMD 5050 LED Light Bulbs W5W 2825 158 192 168 194 | eBay
Yup, parking lights are 194/T10 size

Originally Posted by counterFIT
I am confused. I recently (2 months ago) installed some used BC Coilovers which are in great shape. Since then I've had to replace the front right wheel bearing, and I'm getting the noises of a potential bad sway bar endlink (also right side). Is there something I'm missing? Spring heights and coilover heights are identical. Thanks for the help, as I don't want to be replacing suspension parts left and right (literally )
Do BC's come with top hat/strut mounts and bearings or do you have to reuse the stock oem rubber mounts(and bearings) from the stock shocks? That's usually what most of us noobs make mistakes with. I didn't put the bearings my first time so I had coil bind noise when I turned the wheel lol. Never heard of sway bar endlink problems other than FF2 that come with adjustable end links-- people usually just use their oem end links.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Banned
Do BC's come with top hat/strut mounts and bearings or do you have to reuse the stock oem rubber mounts(and bearings) from the stock shocks? That's usually what most of us noobs make mistakes with. I didn't put the bearings my first time so I had coil bind noise when I turned the wheel lol. Never heard of sway bar endlink problems other than FF2 that come with adjustable end links-- people usually just use their oem end links.
Yeah you have to re-use the oem hardware, which I did. It could just be a loose endlink or something, but it makes the same "clunking" noise that people's messed up endlinks make on YouTube lol. I don't mind replacing it because it's not hard and is not super expensive, but I am just wondering why everything is going out on the right side. It could just be bad luck lol. There's also a chance I put the endlink on "backwards" which I'll have to check on.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah you have to re-use the oem hardware, which I did. It could just be a loose endlink or something, but it makes the same "clunking" noise that people's messed up endlinks make on YouTube lol. I don't mind replacing it because it's not hard and is not super expensive, but I am just wondering why everything is going out on the right side. It could just be bad luck lol. There's also a chance I put the endlink on "backwards" which I'll have to check on.
Oh I see haha yea hope you get that figured out! I was a novice when I installed my coilovers but they've been holding up well for about 3+ years now, thankfully.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Banned
Oh I see haha yea hope you get that figured out! I was a novice when I installed my coilovers but they've been holding up well for about 3+ years now, thankfully.
Haha thanks for the help Burz, I'll check it out tomorrow and see what it is. I'm really hoping it's just a loose nut or something

Old 09-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Banned
Haha thanks for the help Burz, I'll check it out tomorrow and see what it is. I'm really hoping it's just a loose nut or something
Took a look today. A loose nut indeed! Problem solved.

Old 09-05-2015, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Took a look today. A loose nut indeed! Problem solved.
Glad you found the problem and it wasn't anything more serious. Always a good feeling.

Old 09-05-2015, 01:55 PM
Banned
Glad you found the problem and it wasn't anything more serious. Always a good feeling.
Thanks, and yeah I was getting worried that my whole suspension would fall apart lol. Hopefully this is the last time I'll have to jack my car up for a while, it's felt like too much work lately.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?