2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Old 07-23-2016, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator
i say

EHH FIT and buy the damn hood!

Old 07-24-2016, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Ordered the Progress rear sway bar. Hope my 2014 Canadian Fit is the same as 2009-2013 US Fits for the rear sway bar fitment. Also, hope I don't have any clearance issue with the hitch...

Old 07-24-2016, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
What hitch do you have Frenzal? Do not think it should be an issue. My Curt hitch fit great.

Also back to the supercharger thing. Thats good to know about the HP info. Was not aware the Honda rating was at the crank, not the wheels. That makes a huge difference. Learn something new everyday.

With that regard congrats on completing the install Alpina. Once your wallet is nice and chunky again any other plans for your fit?

Old 07-24-2016, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
What hitch do you have Frenzal? Do not think it should be an issue. My Curt hitch fit great.

Also back to the supercharger thing. Thats good to know about the HP info. Was not aware the Honda rating was at the crank, not the wheels. That makes a huge difference. Learn something new everyday.

With that regard congrats on completing the install Alpina. Once your wallet is nice and chunky again any other plans for your fit?
Hi Shinjari,
Thanks,

Yes, after my wallet recover
This is my plan:
1. Buy a Pair of Recaro SR-7 ASM Limited Ruby,
(I actually already have 3 set of Recaro Seat Rail, need 3 due to some parts need to be canibalized since this Recaro Seat Rail is for Right Hand Drive JDM car), I also already have all the parts needed to transfer the SRS passenger side sensor so the passenger side airbag can still work (hopefully I succeed).
I had started a thread on this project:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...o-project.html
But the Pair of Recaro SR-7 ASM Limited Ruby will cost a lot so I am hoping I will have the money around early 2017.

2. After the Recaros then I can move on to JDP Carbon Fiber Ventilated Hood and will painted it Taffeta White with just the top part behind the ventilation holes left unpainted so I can still show that it is Carbon Fiber
Also buy JDP Carbon Fiber cover right behind the grill and refurbished my current Takero's rear carbon fiber spoiler lips that have it's clear coat start to deteriorate.

3. Then I need to get JDM Mugen Assist Meter (Triple Gauge) kit for Honda Fit GK model and will cover it with leather and yellow stitching and of course modified the gauge pod (if needed) so it will fit GE dashboard right behind the A/C vent. This Mugen Triple Gauge is made by Defi so I am sure I can just use one controller to control the rest of my Defi Gauge. I will also need to add Fuel Pressure Defi Gauge with some Goodridge 811 line to feed the fuel rail and the fuel pressure gauge from the firewall connection.
This is the picture on a GK Fit:

4. Setrab FP119M22I Oil Cooler (integrated Fan system) with Goodridge 811 and Laile/Beatrush Oil Cooler Sandwich connected to the Mugen Assist Meter Oil Pressure and Oil Temperature Gauge.
here is the pictures:

5. Change the Headlight and Foglight bulb to IPF LED bulb (or maybe PIAA) and use the VLED switchback as the Daytime Running Light and Turn Signal Light. (since the IPF LED headlight would not be able to act as daytime running light anymore)

6. Upgrade the Sound System with a Navigation Head Unit with Fiber Optics Output (currently only Clarion made one (latest model), but maybe by the time I upgrade, Alpine/Pioneer will have a new one so I can choose... Alpine have one right now but it's few years old model so I don't want it) so I can have Zapco or Audison DSP and use Zapco 6 channel amp to drive 3 way Dynaudio Esotar system actively, Rear View Camera plus either Alpine or Pioneer under seat sub (will decide once I install the Recaro and measure the available space under the seat).
I currently already have the Honda OEM Navigation Trim covered in Leather and Yellow Stitching ready, (with JDM red hazard button), but I can't use it until I change to Nav head unit since my car is NOT Nav.
Here it is:

7. Garmin Front and Rear dash cam

8. Adjustable Sway Bar link

9. Honda Odyssey 1in master brake cylinder with Civic brake booster because my current J's Racing master cylinder have just a bit long travel due to my front Brembo setup.

10. Upgrade to wider Michelin Pilot Super Sport when my current Michelin Pilot Super Sport worn out (current 215/40/18 to 225/35/18) and roll the fender again and put on Michelin decal on the tire

11. J's Racing harder exhaust hanger

12. I hope I can get a custom Yellow Seat Belt made for our car and I think that is all left that I want to do with my car...

I think that is all...
So I am still long way to go
It's really stressful that I don't have fund to do all the above asap...
Heck, it took me 8 to 9 months since I bought the Sprintex before I done everything I want to do for the install (due to funds limitation)...
I just want to be done with my modification goal after all this years...
I really need to find better income

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-img_0942_42e2f861bfed508ab8840b23344f77e8e882aa31.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-p2_5a38bf9fdf7ee5875861318b4c4836cba103fd60.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-fp119m22i_back_quarter_646390d40a7a70d9c52cc0d2fc7e7d17a047bf3d.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-341hlb_p_6e61b21d0728620abf3645b341306cb01aad9224.jpg  

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 07-24-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:40 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by dewdans14
Looking good! Any tips on installation? My STI lip just arrived!
Sorry for the late reply.

To be honest, I just went for it. I took off the bumper (2 second job for me since most of the clips are already out ) and flipped it over (on a towel/cardboard box to prevent damaging it). I set the lip on it and aligned the center raised section of the lip with the center of the bumper (I have a '12 front bumper so it has a similar shape to the lip). I used the supplied screws in the pre-drilled holes on the lip (they gave me self-tapping, these are by far the easiest to use) to attach the lip. Final step is trimming the ends . I used a recip saw and just eyeballed it lol. If you're worried, you could probably mark where you need to cut and then remove the lip. I've had a good amount of experience with saws so I just left it on while cutting... Overall I think it looks great. It might not look as good (opinion based, obviously ) as some others who have molded/shaped it to fit, or positioned it differently. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it so far. It really sets your car apart from others.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:02 PM
Can you post more pics of the lip on your car?

Old 07-25-2016, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
boosted my fit!!!

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-img_3449_565a15c35aa8c7832dfe7e39e4d071ff0159ac6b.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
I have a Hidden hitch. I think it is not the same design as the Curt...but would guess from the look of it that I shouldn't have any issue.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:15 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
Can you post more pics of the lip on your car?
Yeah I'll see if I can get some shots of it today

Originally Posted by GE8FTW
boosted my fit!!!
Damn... How much did that cost?

Old 07-25-2016, 06:01 PM
Got my alignment done today, got rid of the tow, that came on when I adjusted the ride height.

Also installed some used, but good, Dunlop Direzza Star Spec II tires. I just realized my tires were dry rotted and I got a chance to try these out. Been looking to order them, so glad I could put a few thousand miles on these 1st for free, before dishing out my $ on a new set. 205/45-17 these tires are loud!

Old 07-25-2016, 06:07 PM
Banned
Ordered G37r shrouds and halos today Can't wait

Old 07-25-2016, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Got my alignment done today, got rid of the tow, that came on when I adjusted the ride height.

Also installed some used, but good, Dunlop Direzza Star Spec II tires. I just realized my tires were dry rotted and I got a chance to try these out. Been looking to order them, so glad I could put a few thousand miles on these 1st for free, before dishing out my $ on a new set. 205/45-17 these tires are loud!
Hi FamilyWagon,
when it's time to buy the new tires, please kindly consider the Michelin Pilot Super Sport:
Michelin*Pilot Super Sport

I had this tire (in 18in size) for the past 3 years, they are very good on both dry and wet condition, they grip very well, they are very comfortable, amazingly QUIET tire and they also last very long for their rating. I believe they are the best summer performance tire for street use currently available at any price. It will be worth it.
You can also check other review available about the Pilot Super Sport for second opinion.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:56 PM
Hey BMW,
I do like the Super Sport. I had them on my Z06 years ago, not sure if there's a new generation now or not now as that was back in 2010ish when I had them.

These Star Specs are a nice tire, I don't daily my Fit, so I don't mind having a summer dedicated tire on it. I will consider the Super Sport as well as the AD08R, R888, and Hankook RS3

Old 07-25-2016, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Hey BMW,
I do like the Super Sport. I had them on my Z06 years ago, not sure if there's a new generation now or not now as that was back in 2010ish when I had them.

These Star Specs are a nice tire, I don't daily my Fit, so I don't mind having a summer dedicated tire on it. I will consider the Super Sport as well as the AD08R, R888, and Hankook RS3
Hi FamilyWagon,
just an extra info for your reference,
The Pilot Super Sport was launch on January 2011,
the tire that you have in 2010 must be the MICHELIN Pilot Sport PS2.
This Pilot Super Sport improved on the Pilot Sport PS2.

Michelin Pilot Super Sport :: Michelin North America Newsroom

Old 07-25-2016, 07:43 PM
Ohh ok cool, thanks for the info! I'll definitely look into that tire. I have a few thousand miles left in these star specs, which is quite a while, based off how much I drive the fit.

I've probably only put just over 2000 miles on Fit all this year.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:02 PM
Banned
Does anyone have any advice on where to place 3 halo eye switches? I'm thinking next to the 12V socket under the radio...

Old 07-25-2016, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by counterFIT
Does anyone have any advice on where to place 3 halo eye switches? I'm thinking next to the 12V socket under the radio...
Hi, I will use the socket next to the VSA Switch.
you can use the OEM VSA/Cruise control switch of the 2nd generation CRV
or use the OEM Fit Fog Light switch or use the OEM Fit ambient light switch,
so it will look factory.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:25 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Hi, I will use the socket next to the VSA Switch.
you can use the OEM VSA/Cruise control switch of the 2nd generation CRV
or use the OEM Fit Fog Light switch or use the OEM Fit ambient light switch,
so it will look factory.
I'd love to do that, except I already have the Base fog light switch and a DRL LED rocker switch in those 2 extra slots...

Old 07-26-2016, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by counterFIT
I'd love to do that, except I already have the Base fog light switch and a DRL LED rocker switch in those 2 extra slots...
In this case, you can use this button currently sold on eBay:
1992 96 Honda Prelude JDM SI Seat Heater Single Switch LH RH Nice | eBay
I bought this one for my current project, the button is slightly taller
than the Honda Fit slot so a little filing/dremel is needed.
here it is already installed on my Honda Fit:

so you can replace both the base fog light switch and DRL LED rocker switch with just one of this switch and put it on the first slot.

then buy another one of this double Honda seat heater switch for your new button application and put it on the second slot,

if I am not mistaken you need 3 more button right?
that mean,
you need to also replace your current VSA switch,
with the Honda CRV VSA/Cruise control combo switch.

like this one:

the only tricks is the VSA on our Honda Fit is normally close position,
so you need relay to use the Honda CRV VSA switch to make it normally close, while the cruise control button can be use for the last button that you ned.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-img_1543_c9f83199142e332ea6e0add967c4c21dd3ed25d6.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-img_0909_08e75b50a8023deb19fa79955104ab50c21cb58d.jpg  
Old 07-26-2016, 01:17 AM
Anyone know of any side spat/winglets available for our car? I found password jdm ones that are universal, but other than that I've had no luck....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?