2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spryter
Speaking of stereo stuff, I got my speakers fixed. The first three installers didn't believe me that there was some kind of interference coming from one of the tweeters. Fourth one sat in the driver's seat and went "Oh. I hear it." two hours later, they moved a wire and it's gone.

My top tip: Get interference noise fixed *BEFORE* you go on a road trip. Almost went nuts driving for so long with that sound in my ear.
Hi, this are typical of car audio installer,
they knew there is interference, but they also knew it would take a long time to find the source / location of the wire that cause interference...
and the fee they can charge might not be enough for what they think is their cost and effort to find the interference, so many of them just say,
I don't hear it, or that is normal bla bla bla...

It is very hard now a days to find an installer/mechanic/fabricator/tuner or anything that aim for perfection... I always try to do everything myself,
not only save a lot... tons of money, but most of the time the works quality is better by doing myself...

Old 10-01-2016, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Got some maintenance done:

- Mobil 1 0W-20 AFE + Mobile 1 M1-104 oil filter @ 7500 miles (5% oil life left)
- Rotated tires and adjusted rear drums
- Got the CR-Z Engine cover installed. Cut slots on the front area to allow the tabs/flaps to be inserted so there's no chance for the front part to fly off from high speeds. Used only plastic clips to secure the entire cover.

Last edited by jy1129; 10-01-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Hi, this are typical of car audio installer,
they knew there is interference, but they also knew it would take a long time to find the source / location of the wire that cause interference...
and the fee they can charge might not be enough for what they think is their cost and effort to find the interference, so many of them just say,
I don't hear it, or that is normal bla bla bla...

It is very hard now a days to find an installer/mechanic/fabricator/tuner or anything that aim for perfection... I always try to do everything myself,
not only save a lot... tons of money, but most of the time the works quality is better by doing myself...
I don't know much about car electronics, so I let professionals handle it. Unfortunately, some people don't want to be professional when problems arise. Thankfully, the salespeople hassled them (because they knew I spent what is a large sum of money to me on the products/work), and backed me up, and they got the shop manager to look at it.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
Installed my Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust. Took about 30 minutes from start to finish.

Lifted the rear passenger tire, placed it on a jack stand. Can access the (2) bolts holding the exhaust without even getting under the car. Can get to them from the rear passenger door, just take a peek and there they are. Hardest part was getting the rubber hangers to let go/slide off the exhaust.

Super mellow exhaust...I dare say its quieter than stock at normal speed. It does have a nice rumble to it when you're outside the vehicle. You really only hear it get loud when you're at 4500+ rpm.

So far I feel that the Fit accelerates a bit smoother throughout the powerband instead of having to wait for VTEC to kick in. Having it matched with my Injen intake definitely makes the Fit accelerate a bit more throughout evenly the powerband. Dont have to get out of 5th anymore either for some steep hills....can keep it going 75+ without a problem.

Absolutely 0 drone too so thats awesome =)

Old 10-02-2016, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
Install a yellow gaffer tape on my steering wheel,
want to copy a GT3 RS steering wheel look like on the cheap

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-img_2179_792da00e5d56b22d715ed4017d4d1760e0778f8f.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-img_2180_60d291cc67a6f99b6f58b18e22545bccce24c8ed.jpg  
Old 10-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Looks pretty cool

Old 10-02-2016, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
God i want you steering wheel

Old 10-02-2016, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
Looks pretty cool
Originally Posted by connor55
God i want you steering wheel
Thanks FamilyWagon and Connor,

by the way, this weekend I also manage to install the switches for controlling:
a. AEM F/IC-6 Second MAP(Tune)
b. Setrab Oil Cooler Fan and SPAL Third Radiator Fan
c. VSA Switch (relocate)
d. DRL switch so I can turn off DRL manually if I want to. (this is when I have money to buy VLED V3-Triton Switchback)
e. and some extra switches for the future
f. 2 relays to control VSA and AEM F/IC-6 Second MAP (Tune)
DIY wil come later when I have all the Setrab parts to install the other 2 relays still needed for DRL and Setrab/SPAL

The Switches are all sourced from modified Honda CR-V switches (VSA/Cruise and Seat Heater Switches), yeah I am suck at painting

The 2 HELLA relays below the dashboard with bracket and Streetwires Ground Terminal/Block:

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-img_2178_4aeb6a5f98ccfa093b7ba08a5edb8751efddd6a9.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-img_2174_1ad713502eb29c023a2af9f90b18caa2453dc480.jpg  
Old 10-03-2016, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
You will love the vleds switchbacks! I still love mine

Wow two vsa off buttons? Haha

Old 10-03-2016, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
You will love the vleds switchbacks! I still love mine

Wow two vsa off buttons? Haha
Hi Connor,
yes, I think the VLEDS would be nice.. just need to wait a bit for the money

The right VSA/Cruise button is not working and just there for the next "project"

Old 10-03-2016, 03:39 PM
Banned
Hey BMW I'll trade you my diecast R34 GTR for your Fit

Old 10-03-2016, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by counterFIT
Fixed it for you. Maybe he won't notice

Too bad I couldn't use the same size font as his signature...then he really wouldn't notice.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by counterFIT
Originally Posted by shinjari

Too bad I couldn't use the same size font as his signature...then he really wouldn't notice.
Hi Guys,

I wouldn't trade this Honda Fit even with a 911 GT3 RS

I plan to keep this car forever for sentimental reason...
You see, I return to this country about 3 years ago,
and in the beginning I have to ride my Huffy bicycles to go anywhere...
I try to get car financing from Mitsubishi and Nissan because I think they will cater for a customer with zero credit history like me,
and nope, they reject me...

so I decide to give it a try with Honda... and to my surprise,
Honda Financial approves me for a 2013 Brand New Honda Fit Sport,
and I am sure you all can see that I am grateful with Honda from the way I treat my Honda Fit

You know, driving a Honda Fit is much better than pedaling a heavy cheap huffy bike in the cold of winter (California winter is still cold) just to buy grocery at Walmart... (or worse walking)

In my previous life, I would never dream of buying a Honda...
but... sometimes life hit you hard and you just had to keep fighting to survive... and Honda help me and my family to survive

Having said that, I really got to find a way to make good money again,
so I can have a BMW Alpina B7 for daily drive, 911 GT3 RS for weekend blast and my Honda Fit can retired as a garage queen, because sentimental reason is PRICELESS

Old 10-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Banned

Lmao thanks bro, yeah the font in his sig is microscopic!

Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Hi Guys,

I wouldn't trade this Honda Fit even with a 911 GT3 RS

I plan to keep this car forever for sentimental reason...
You see, I return to this country about 3 years ago,
and in the beginning I have to ride my Huffy bicycles to go anywhere...
I try to get car financing from Mitsubishi and Nissan because I think they will cater for a customer with zero credit history like me,
and nope, they reject me...

so I decide to give it a try with Honda... and to my surprise,
Honda Financial approves me for a 2013 Brand New Honda Fit Sport,
and I am sure you all can see that I am grateful with Honda from the way I treat my Honda Fit

You know, driving a Honda Fit is much better than pedaling a heavy cheap huffy bike in the cold of winter (California winter is still cold) just to buy grocery at Walmart... (or worse walking)

In my previous life, I would never dream of buying a Honda...
but... sometimes life hit you hard and you just had to keep fighting to survive... and Honda help me and my family to survive

Having said that, I really got to find a way to make good money again,
so I can have a BMW Alpina B7 for daily drive, 911 GT3 RS for weekend blast and my Honda Fit can retired as a garage queen, because sentimental reason is PRICELESS
BMW,

One of the reasons I made the joke in the first place is because my Fit means so much to me, and I know that I wouldn't trade it for the world. I knew you'd feel the same way, and your progress has been more than inspirational. I'm glad we can all be united through a common interest Not to mention you have one of the nicest Fits on here (IMO), not just because of the parts but because of how well put together it is. It's pretty damn cool to see all of the progress. Keep it up, maybe one day I'll take a road trip to Cali to see it in person lol. As for a 911 or Alpina, all you need is a Turbocharged, Meth Injected K24 and drag radials and you're good

Old 10-03-2016, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
^i feel the same way. Im set on keeping mine as long as it runs, hopefully well all still be here in several years and still working on our fits

Old 10-04-2016, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
Its funny how we have all decided we have no plans of getting rid our Fits.

I mean its such a weird little car. It's slow as can be, has little after market support, receives little to no recognition by other import owners and is the black sheep of the honda family.

But I can't imagine parting with this little car at all. It's a labor of love. In my short time I have seen people buy their Fits, get frustrated and sell them. But to the few who stick it out and innovate and share their ideas they create cars that are unlike anything else on the road.

Keep innovating and never settle for mediocrity.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:00 AM
Woah wait, this guy is definitely actively trying to sell his Fit!

Old 10-04-2016, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Its funny how we have all decided we have no plans of getting rid our Fits.

I mean its such a weird little car. It's slow as can be, has little after market support, receives little to no recognition by other import owners and is the black sheep of the honda family.

But I can't imagine parting with this little car at all. It's a labor of love. In my short time I have seen people buy their Fits, get frustrated and sell them. But to the few who stick it out and innovate and share their ideas they create cars that are unlike anything else on the road.

Keep innovating and never settle for mediocrity.
Heck, I like this car so much the only plans left I have are for a set of Swift Springs and new shocks when the stock ones die and then turbo charging it when I've paid it off and it's out of warranty. I want to try to push it to Fiesta ST level.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
Woah wait, this guy is definitely actively trying to sell his Fit!
And I think we all agree it will find a good forever home

As for me, I do love my Fit. I do not forsee it going anywhere anytime soon. As for upgrades all I feel are left are Bilstein coilovers to replace my OEM shocks/Swifts, Wilwood brake calipers (or some sort of brake upgrade) and MAYBE modulo Shuttle bumper lips.

I intend to keep it and possibly pass it to my son when he can drive in 3-4 years. Maybe by then another Fit worthy to buy will be out, otherwise I still have my fingers crossed for a compact truck with a diesel motor (love 4x4ing and somethings gotta tow my gfs horse eventually).

Old 10-04-2016, 09:22 AM
5 Year Member
And I think we all agree it will find a good forever home

As for me, I do love my Fit. I do not forsee it going anywhere anytime soon. As for upgrades all I feel are left are Bilstein coilovers to replace my OEM shocks/Swifts, Wilwood brake calipers (or some sort of brake upgrade) and MAYBE modulo Shuttle bumper lips.

I intend to keep it and possibly pass it to my son when he can drive in 3-4 years. Maybe by then another Fit worthy to buy will be out, otherwise I still have my fingers crossed for a compact truck with a diesel motor (love 4x4ing and somethings gotta tow my gfs horse eventually).
Im really interested to hear your results moving from swifts to bilsteins. Im considering doing the same thing.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?